What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree, but no MT is a good ice tire. My Yokos are in storage until spring. I run a set of 35’s with studs for the winter. Currently disappointed in the Cooper Maxx ST’s over the Duratrac’s they replaced. Wish I would have gone Grabber ATX with studs. Thinking I might buy a tire groover and start cutting. But they are still way better than the Yokos on snow/ice.

Can’t beat studs for sure or even a dedicated snow tire like the Blizzak but I have had good results sipping MTs. No real need for me to do that these days since I don’t drive on snow/ice all the time.

Cheers

I’ll take a before and after of some stuff I blast and post it.
I also use a old crock pot and let bolts and pieces soak on high for a couple hours and it is amazing what some heat with purple power will do. A couple scrubs with a brass brush and it saves me a lot of time and money on brake cleaner.

View attachment 3194704

View attachment 3194705

View attachment 3194706

8DF7E378-2DF4-4317-A920-AFB87E78BC3A.jpeg

EFD0D853-50BE-4A3D-8742-271164385000.jpeg

I will say the Yokohama’s are not a too notch ice tire. If I sipped them they would be way better. Fine in the pow but soso on ice.

Cheers

I agree, but no MT is a good ice tire. My Yokos are in storage until spring. I run a set of 35’s with studs for the winter. Currently disappointed in the Cooper Maxx ST’s over the Duratrac’s they replaced. Wish I would have gone Grabber ATX with studs. Thinking I might buy a tire groover and start cutting. But they are still way better than the Yokos on snow/ice.
I am running the Yoko MT G003 but not too concerned about ice here in AZ, it has been cold in the 30's the last couple of mornings but the ground retains so much heat the roadways here in the PHX metro area are clear. If I lived in the high country (Sedona, Flagstaff, Show Low) I would run Generals as AT as they are deep snow rated and had great experience with them while we lived in Washington State.

Steering column mounted cell phone controller. Believe it was a dealer add to the 450s along with some big ace radio tube receiver hidden in the rear driver side paneling. Gonzo.

A fellow member is attempting to make a steree control out of it,
Awesome! Thanks for the info and now I have something else I want to add

what concentration were you using purple power at?
Probable like 20 percent I don’t measure I just dump some in and go with it. The most important thing is the heat helps break it up. On aluminum it won’t hurt it as long as you wash it off with clean water and don’t leave any degreaser on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom