List your 5 favorite upgrades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like the title says, always fun to see what things people have done to upgrade their rigs. Good way to get some ideas you might not have yet considered.

Let’s hear them.

07 LX 165K miles
1. LED headlight
2. TEYES CC3 navi
3. Oil catch can
4. Sound system
5. big 3

cargo area roof storage system

#1 Part-time 4wheel drive conversion (I know it's controversial and not for everyone, but it makes me happy every time I get back to pavement.)
#2 Mud terrain tires. So much more traction off road. Yes, they are loud and pretty much suck on road, but off road they've made a huge difference for me.
#3 LiPo auxiliary battery with DC to DC charger. I don't worry about charge anymore and I can run my electric blanket and refrigerator 'til my heart's content.
#4 KISS drawers. It's amazing how much you can pack in there and keep it all organized.
#5 270 degree awning. It's so simple to deploy and stow away. It makes any lunch stop that much more desirable.

Top of my wish list is a transfer case gear reduction. I think it would be really nice to have on super steep descents and in some of the tougher rock gardens I occasionally encounter . But, mostly I just can't wait to get out there again.

Took out the reflectors on the rear factory bumper and 1. replaced it with LED brake lights that illuminate brighter when you step on the brakes. I feel “safer” knowing I have increased rear end visibility from vehicles behind me esp when it snows/rains. 2. Clear Ceramic tints. 3. New leather seats. 4. Retrofitted my headlights to Morimoto clear lens with 50w hid headlights. 5. Bright led DRLs that work as signal lights too (feel safer again that incoming vehicles can see me “better”) lol.

lift
tires
lockers
bumper
winch
🙂

lift
tires
lockers
bumper
winch
🙂
Given your lift, tires and lockers, I doubt you’ll ever touch that bumper and you’ll most often use your winch to pull other people out! So far (knock on wood) I’ve only used my winch to move fallen trees. Of course, good to have just incase.

This one, I guess it's 24 not 20. If I lived in the US I don't think I would bother but up here in Canuckistan range anxiety in the 100 is a real issue when you get off the beaten path.

tlc100ax24gal-us

1. CD&M cup holder <-- way better than stock and my tall cup no longer falls over on a turn
2. F&R lockers <-- makes it easy to go slow over obstacles and not beat up the truck
3. sliders <-- my first modification and a necessity on boulders if you value your rockers
4. on board air <-- makes airing up easy
5. F&R Dissent bumpers <-- love the extra clearance they give. Wife does not like the rear swing out though...

Although I have a lot of mods, the favorites are hard to break out from the biggest impacts…
1) Ceramic film on windshield- huge impact on comfort.
2) modern radio with Bluetooth, hands free phone, and backup camera
3) my fridge / kitchen setup
4) 33” Falken Wildpeaks
5) Dissent front bumper with Badlands Winch (saved me once, moved several trees, and rescued others) and cheap Amazon lights.

On the most satisfying front is rebuilding the front suspension, replacing door seals, fixing the sunroof, and interior lightbulbs. I hope to add new front leather to this list soon.

Real shocks,
stiffer spings
stiffer torsion bars

aux gas tank for the gas hog

Although I have a lot of mods, the favorites are hard to break out from the biggest impacts…
1) Ceramic film on windshield- huge impact on comfort.
2) modern radio with Bluetooth, hands free phone, and backup camera
3) my fridge / kitchen setup
4) 33” Falken Wildpeaks
5) Dissent front bumper with Badlands Winch (saved me once, moved several trees, and rescued others) and cheap Amazon lights.

On the most satisfying front is rebuilding the front suspension, replacing door seals, fixing the sunroof, and interior lightbulbs. I hope to add new front leather to this list soon.
Does the ceramic film cut heat? Are there any light halos at night? Product name?

Does the ceramic film cut heat? Are there any light halos at night? Product name?
It cuts the temp by probably 10 degrees and eliminates the greenhouse effect when the sun shines through. No halos or adverse effects. I don’t recall the brand, I took it to a local window tint shop. The tint on my other windows is not ceramic, and I’ve considered getting it on the front windows and sunroof, but the windshield was definitely the best bang for the buck.

I certainly appreciate my ST Maxx, ARB Bumper and side step and replacing the AHC with OME. But I will try to bring other items which are less expensive and more affordable :

1 - The Victory Upper shelf is a game changer
2 - Weathertech Side Window Deflectors
3 - Weathertech Car Mats
4 - Replace my original roof rack for brackets and T-slot aluminum system
5 - A more powerful horn
6 - AHC switch console box

1. Low range reduction gears
2. Rear locker
3. Part time conversion
4. HID retrofit by LB BuiltWerks
5. Front locker

6. Dissent front (approach angle)
7. 35s
8. Front locker
9. Dissent rear + swingout

I exceeded 5 as it might be nice for some to see how I’d prioritize the mods if I could go back and do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom