Ironman Skid Plates for a 2008? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

getting some information from Ironman in the next day or so.... will post here when I know more....

They've been a bit slow or in some cases unresponsive for me over the past few weeks via chat and email. Had a few questions on skids and suspension prior to placing an order. I gave up.

I have some skids coming, hopefully you can wait.

downloadfile-103.jpg

Do tell, interested assuming the front edge of the engine skid will mate ok with my bumper.... what's your company?

@Ironman 4x4 USA or @Ironman4x4Bubba - can you add to this conversation to help clear this confusion up - why do you only show the Ironman skids for 200 series fitting 2015 and newer. Whereas your Australia website shows one available for the pre-2015 models - Linky Here

People who make a similar product show the same kits for 2008-2021. ARB, Slee, BudBuilt, Dissent, Asfir, Rival, and a host of others

Also are rated recovery points available anytime soon in the US - again shown on the AUS site.
Howdy folks,

The reason for the year limit on our UBP056 skidplates for the 200 Series Land Cruiser/LX570 came down from our head office in Melbourne Australia. Toyota changed some bits on the 1VD-FTV turbo diesel engines that made the plates only work for trucks made from 11 of 2015 to 2021. Now, we all know here in the US that change doesn't affect us because we all have the 3UR-FE.

So to cross the t's and dot the eyeballs we are conducting testing on the older 200's to be certain. Plus we want to make sure there are no issues with the different transmissions Toyota offered. We have these on our company's 2018 Cruiser and on a customer's 2016 LX570 with no issues of course.

Once we are satisfied that these are good to go for our customers then we will update the product page with the proper year range. Just have to be certain so we don't disappoint.

I'll post here with an update soon. Hope this helps!

-Miller

Last edited:
cheers thanks @CMiller - i could be a donor truck for fitment checks 2011 200 which would cover the years earlier from 2008-2014 at a minimum..... Just need some warning so I can plan to get over there from Central Oregon...

reach out via pm if needed - you all helped with my suspension on that truck back in early September - blue rig... bumper, suspension etc.

cheers thanks @CMiller - i could be a donor truck for fitment checks 2011 200 which would cover the years earlier from 2008-2014 at a minimum..... Just need some warning so I can plan to get over there from Central Oregon...

reach out via pm if needed - you all helped with my suspension on that truck back in early September - blue rig... bumper, suspension etc.
Thank you for the offer, very kind of you! I've got a 2011 lined up already but if it changes I will first reach out to you. We should have this buttoned up and confirmed in the next couple of weeks for everyone.

Oops! Forgot to say about the plates offered on our Australia website for the older 200's. These thinner plates were the only option for a while. They are much thinner and not very exciting, so we felt the better choice was to go with the beefier option listed on our America website. It wasn't something we wanted on our own trucks so not worth offering to our customers, so we discontinued it.

Keep an eye out as I'll have an update real soon.

@CMiller - fair enough, thanks and makes sense that there may be some differences in what they offer/sell downunder.
stronger is always good... Any chance they have a fuel tank skid that can be offered as an addition to the package?

@CMiller - fair enough, thanks and makes sense that there may be some differences in what they offer/sell downunder.
stronger is always good... Any chance they have a fuel tank skid that can be offered as an addition to the package?
We used to offer one but again it was not spectacular so we canned it.

@CMiller - any luck with your teams evaluation of the skids from Ironman for earlier year US spec 200's? Or an update on timing?

@CMiller - any luck with your teams evaluation of the skids from Ironman for earlier year US spec 200's? Or an update on timing?
Nothing yet, still coordinating with a local customer to get the truck in. Difficult juggling schedules with Christmas coming up, but we are working on it. I will post up once we have a confirmation.

@CMiller - if you still need a donor vehicle let me know. I can make the trek to your facility easy like....

So I just got my Ironman 4x4 front bumper installed on my 2010 LC. I wasn’t sure on the skids so I ended up getting victory 4x4 skid and transfer case skid. I’ll take photos tomorrow and post them. It all worked out nicely I think.

Part numbers
V200SD-GN-S-PC
V200SD-TRN-S-PC

It is in the works, just takes time to coordinate schedules. We will have this mystery answered. :)
understood @CMiller just putting that option out there to you in the event it could move things along quicker.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom