Landcruiser Heaven Leather vs Specter Off Road Vinyl or Other Replacement Upholstery Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HDB

Threads
I have been searching but haven't found this comparison - I ask for grace if I missed it.

A lot of folks in this forum have commended LSeat but when I Google'd them I get a barrage of recent negative reviews and Better Business Bureau complaints - I don't think I want to risk that despite the appealing price.

This leaves me with Landcruiser Heaven Leather vs Specter Off Road Vinyl. Priced out for the first 2 rows my specs are the same. The Leather from Landcruiser Heaven would be $1873 and the Vinyl from SOR would be $2551.

I will use my truck in average ways - daily driver, light off-roading, road trips, camping etc.

Would appreciate any guidance/ recommendations - particularly from anyone who has installed one or the other or who has an additional vendor to consider!

Thank you

I'd also consider looking up a well reputed local upholstery shop. This way, you can get the exact color you want, pick your leather type, and usually due to the custom nature of the job, the leather ends up being OEM tight.

I went this route and couldn't be happier. Anecdotally, many here also seem to buy the OEM cushions. I did not.

Gl!

Agree with all the above. LCH products can be good but service lacking. Local upholstery guy may be the ticket…. That was the route I took. Also check out Mosley motors and see if he’s still in the leather game.

Well appears sold out. May be worth dropping cam and gang a line to see if temporarily or not.

A big fan of the Leather offered by Mosley! I have the Standard Oak in a low mileage CE and the darker single tone in the back of my adventure 80 for a close match to the SM seats.

0C509DD5-2186-4A72-BDE0-C98B23DDB117.jpeg

F0ED9911-0513-4668-987D-1C2049BE6D96.jpeg

D689D48E-10B6-4501-9F32-48A205D726A8.jpeg

4BAB2737-9912-4821-9BB5-31DD6BC68E44.jpeg

Thanks to all - I've considered the Corbeau but am concerned the contrast in color would be too great with my 2nd row seat which are also extremely cracked and will tear through at any moment.

Too bad to hear about LCH -

I sent a note to Mosley Motors to see if they are going to get some seats in stock.

I shopped around to get some other seats reupholstered last year and everyone I talked to suggested I find a pre-made set. I'll ask around again!

Thank you!

Agree with all the above. LCH products can be good but service lacking. Local upholstery guy may be the ticket…. That was the route I took. Also check out Mosley motors and see if he’s still in the leather game.

Well appears sold out. May be worth dropping cam and gang a line to see if temporarily or not.

Email Mosley...they replied to me.

Mosely seems to be the best quality, but at these pricepoints, especially when you add new OEM foam, optional heaters/coolers etc. you're not that far off from just getting a set of Scheelman.

Releathering is only worth it if you care about keeping everything as OEM looking as possible imo.

Lseat is junk. I installed mine in 2017 and they look like ass now. Luckily I only did the front seats since the OEM leather/vinyl was hard and crispy.

Land Cruiser Heaven is my favorite, the quality is so good. Basically finished with my passenger side. Every piece is is 100% leather and it is stitched so well. I have had no problems with service recently and have ordered multiple sets for customers and now myself.

The center armrest is from a different kit, (ebay I think) which is why that color doesn't match the seats, although it matches the console. I may replace that, may not. I didn't get the armrests since mine were fine. Comes with hog rings, extra foam, leather to redo the rear panel. Very happy with the results.

IMG_3154.JPG

IMG_3158.JPG

Those look really nice. The pandemic has been hard in many ways, maybe LCH also had a labor shortage. When I'm ready to buy, I'll see if they are responsive!

So far LCH has been responsive and informative since I placed my order. I haven't received it yet, but I'll check back in when I do.

I went with L seat and did the work myself. I ordered a swatch which came in the mail about 1 week later. Then in a separate order I got the seat covers which arrived about 3 week later. I never got any communication from the company other than my payment clearing the bank. no order receipt, no tracking #. I have seen LCH seats up close, and they are without a doubt nicer than mine. These sets are very high quality.

That being said I paid less than a third of the price of what the "quality" covers cost. For what I paid, and what I'm doing with this LC, I'm happy. If I were to do it again, I'd just do a seat swap to poverty pack cloth or something else. My truck is a camper/wheeler. I don't want to worry about ruining expensive leather.

You could go with Scheel mann and save the work and shed some weight. I redid mine using mosely leather and cushions from the factory. I took them to the local shop for install. The leather is very nice. I was in over a grand in materials not counting the shop. I did not add heating and cooling. I wish I had in hind sight the wiring is there from the factory.

I bought a full leather kit from Mosley, it was an exceptional match an highest quality. Unfortunately, he told me he no longer has these kits available. I would find a local upholstery shop that has rave reviews and Is a Roadwire dealer; they make a kit for the 80 series.

Don't forget. Land Cruiser Heaven also sells a cloth seat cover kit including arm rests and center console. Believe me, I've thought of it. Leathers nice and all but cloth would be nice.

Thanks for all of the advice! This started as a comparison but has broadened out into a larger discussion - really appreciate it!

I navigated through Roadwire's website last night - looks like $1699 installed for 1st and 2nd row.

Each leather upholstery kit is manufactured from automotive grade, top grain leather and includes: seat covers for all rows of seating in your vehicle, headrest covers, armrest covers, and in most cases door panels. Roadwire leather seats are built to last, which is why each leather interior kit comes standard with a 3-year or 36,000-mile warranty

.This seems like the best reputable deal thus far - anyone used Roadwire?

I had stopped considering cloth, looks like its about half price at LCH but they didn't list an option for electric seats, but I'll circle back on the LCH offering!

For those of you suggesting Scheel Mann, looks like they start out around $2700 each!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom