Homesteader Plow on 94 Land Cruiser - ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mckinleygriffen.com
Hi All,
I have a Fisher Homesteader Snow plow on my 94 Land Cruiser. My Brother in Law wired it up, headlights do not work as he could not figure it out. That is not an issue. Everything else DID work for one season, but ate a battery (had to charge it every use. New battery now, unhooked when not in use ..... worked part of a season & now does not ... for very long. Fisher does not make harness for this vehicle. So ... is the issue with my charging system not making enough power, or screwy wiring to the plow? ANY BODY DEAL WITH THIS BEFORE? Open to suggestions to make it work as I cannot afford a new plow or plow vehicle. THANK YOU!!

You'd probably be better off asking on a forum that deals with snow plows.

As for whether your charging system is insufficient, the stock alternator with the stock pulley barely charges at idle. You should keep an eye on your voltage, preferably with a digital voltmeter.

Photoman used to make a smaller pulley and a kit to adapt a 130/150 amp Tundra/Sequoia alternator, but it's my understanding that the kit is currently out of production and in limbo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom