Post your high-mileage 80 series!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m always curious about mileage & head gaskets, taking driving habits & specific use into account if possible. Who’s getting up there on their original?

I’m always curious about mileage & head gaskets, taking driving habits & specific use into account if possible. Who’s getting up there on their original?
My 97 went 356k before original HG started leaking. My 96 blew at 149k. Both at the back side of number 6. :meh:

My 97 went 356k before original HG started leaking. My 96 blew at 149k. Both at the back side of number 6. :meh:

My '97 went 316K and blew at #6 as well

Confirmed this morning my 1fz-fe has officially kicked the bucket - awful knock and bass-boat glitter in the oil. 337,681 on the clock, although actual mileage is higher due to finnicky odo and larger tires. :( Head gasket is holding fine though :hillbilly:

Confirmed this morning my 1fz-fe has officially kicked the bucket - awful knock and bass-boat glitter in the oil. 337,681 on the clock, although actual mileage is higher due to finnicky odo and larger tires. :( Head gasket is holding fine though :hillbilly:
you have my deepest condolences:cry:
On the bright side, now you get to pull the engine and rebuild it. I'm crazy, I know, but I loved doing that to mine.:bang:
The spending $$$ on parts? That, I could do without:meh:

I don't know for sure...
I got my LX450 w/372k miles in April of '21. Service records gave no indication that it was replaced. I can say the PHH was original (okay, 99% sure). I put ~ 2,000 on it then did a complete rebuild. There weren't any HG issues when I did the work, so who knows how much further it could have gone; 1 mile or 100k :meh:
Also, I know the PO babied the vehicle and did a fair amount of highway miles.

I always seem to barely miss those.

HG at 173 with the blower install. Driven long, wheeled moderately and maintained reasonably well since then. Has been a dd until recently, a landscape trailer hauler, and general explorer since 04

EB2928EC-242A-4636-BCA1-B8094E4CACDF.jpeg

Rolled over, obviously :hillbilly:

Nice to see you finally passed my mileage.
Good Job!!!!
Sold mine 80 at about 460,000 for parts in 2017. It started to be parted out then got sold to someone at Slee and he is fixing it up from what I understand.
It got some basics and has had the hell beat out of it ever since. I just did a head gasket in it earlier this year. She’s running strong at 510k, headed to Grand Junction in it next weekend :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom