Builds New 80 In Virginia (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry if I missed it but need to go through you thread a bit more. I saw you added Dynaliner(rear) and mat to the bottom side of your sunroof. How is that working on fitment? and how did you re-cover the sun roof shade to match the headliner? did you remove it?
I really don't want to remove a good working sunroof.

It’t would take hours to write and it’s not worth the mental aggravation They short story is I sent him list of what I expected before he even had the truck. He stopped by IPOR to access the job and said he could do it. Keep in mind he had more then 10 projects in his shop and a good reputation. My main concern was to have all the glass, door handles, taillights etc… basically how you see it in the photo’s. None of that happened and the paint job was a D minus at best. After months of delay’s and excuses he brings the trucks back to IPOR and they told him the job was unacceptable pointing out all the flaws in his work… he agrees with their assessment and takes the truck back to his shop to fix his s***ty work. I sent a flatbed the next day and brought the truck up to Lindsay. When he called about his final payment I just said…we are good and he didn’t say a word. My truck is now in the hands of the lead painter at Lindsay…someone I’ve known for years and ten minutes from home.

Man, I am sorry. That really is the worst paint job I have ever seen.
Hahaha…they had to sand off his work. The plan is a base primer, 2-3 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear.

Sorry if I missed it but need to go through you thread a bit more. I saw you added Dynaliner(rear) and mat to the bottom side of your sunroof. How is that working on fitment? and how did you re-cover the sun roof shade to match the headliner? did you remove it?
I really don't want to remove a good working sunroof.
I did not add anything to the sunroof. I pulled the sunroof and added Dynamat and Dynaliner to the roof. It was a while ago but with the sunroof out, it was easy to glue the vinyl to the shade

Last edited:
I did not add anything to the sunroof. I pulled the sunroof and added Dynamat and Dynaliner to the roof. It was a while ago but with the sunroof out, it was easy to glue the vinyl to the shade
Gotcha, from the pictures in an earlier post it looked like you did the underside of the cassette as well. I was thinking of doing this and skip the roof for later but it looks like the cassette has to come out just for the shade alone.
1670600086886.png

It’t would take hours to write and it’s not worth the mental aggravation They short story is I sent him list of what I expected before he even had the truck. He stopped by IPOR to access the job and said he could do it. Keep in mind he had more then 10 projects in his shop and a good reputation. My main concern was to have all the glass, door handles, taillights etc… basically how you see it in the photo’s. None of that happened and the paint job was a D minus at best. After months of delay’s and excuses he brings the trucks back to IPOR and they told him the job was unacceptable pointing out all the flaws in his work… he agrees with their assessment and takes the truck back to his shop to fix his s***ty work. I sent a flatbed the next day and brought the truck up to Lindsay. When he called about his final payment I just said…we are good and he didn’t say a word. My truck is now in the hands of the lead painter at Lindsay…someone I’ve known for years and ten minutes from home.

oooff. what a waste of money, materials, and TIME. much better to have the truck close to home so you can check in on progress regularly.

i'm not in the market for a full paint job, but curious if Lindsay takes in outside jobs or you're getting a favor done.

can't tell from all the sanding, but are you de-flaring or keeping them?

oooff. what a waste of money, materials, and TIME. much better to have the truck close to home so you can check in on progress regularly.

i'm not in the market for a full paint job, but curious if Lindsay takes in outside jobs or you're getting a favor done.

can't tell from all the sanding, but are you de-flaring or keeping them?
I’m running pocket flares that I had Line-X. They bolt on and where removed for the paint job. Lindsay Collision is Lexus, VW and Volvo certified and work on just about anything. They typically remove door handles trim and lights but my truck required removal of multiple layers of paint and they removed all the glass except the doors. The level of work they’re putting intp my truck is slightly above normal.

CF74AF5E-19A5-447D-B821-9D99B92E51AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up the rear seats from the upholstery shop . They came out beautifully, complete with seat heaters
The wrinkles in the front section don’t really bother me. I know that leather is a little inconsistent but maybe they could’ve picked out a better swatch for that area but I’m OK with it.
2F08F0E2-3E01-4ABF-82E0-1801D16CB97D.jpeg

F448BB4A-4269-4149-9D66-2A53A78ECE95.jpeg

50603418-68BA-48B7-8188-CF47C4975653.jpeg

0E8FBB10-2270-4810-A19A-8129077B8374.jpeg

4D4AB871-2A43-4A92-B797-69525686BABE.jpeg

wow. love the color and look. who did the work? a friend had his 80 seats re-done by a small shop in Alexandria, so I was thinking either them or a set of pre-sewn covers, but always open to other options.

what seat heaters did you have installed for the 2 rear seats? or should i just ask for the Luke111 special.

wow. love the color and look. who did the work? a friend had his 80 seats re-done by a small shop in Alexandria, so I was thinking either them or a set of pre-sewn covers, but always open to other options.

what seat heaters did you have installed for the 2 rear seats? or should i just ask for the Luke111 special.
Key Upholstery in Alexandria and I’m not sure of the brand of seat heaters. I have brand new in the box rear leather seat covers in Tan and the front covers that need to be removed from my front seats … that will be for sale. If you’re local I don’t need the remove the passenger seat covers but the drivers seat track is bad so they need to be removed. Both front seats were covered with tuff duck seat covers from the first day we had the leather installed, they have heaters and new foam.

Key Upholstery in Alexandria and I’m not sure of the brand of seat heaters. I have brand new in the box rear leather seat covers in Tan and the front covers that need to be removed from my front seats … that will be for sale. If you’re local I don’t need the remove the passenger seat covers but the drivers seat track is bad so they need to be removed. Both front seats were covered with tuff duck seat covers from the first day we had the leather installed, they have heaters and new foam.
did they source and install the heaters then?

i'm Gray or I'd jump on your seats. dang. heaters and new foam too!

did they source and install the heaters then?

i'm Gray or I'd jump on your seats. dang. heaters and new foam too!
They did source the heaters.

Last edited:
Paint booth floor is getting prepped with white paper that sticks to the floor to minimize dust. The truck should have paint on it by the end of the day.

D796E0AB-ED7E-418E-AE41-29BC9C6F71F5.jpeg

B49DCCB3-1668-4181-8095-4E9B0D9F31DA.jpeg

0FC1D1F5-C955-4D58-9AC0-9D19DBFDF4D7.jpeg

45DB1589-17C8-4244-8EC4-D7E83BAA414E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom