Builds 2017 GX 460 (Now 2017 Tundra Build) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reactions: r2m
Front and Rear

200 series LC is more like GX 460 although KDSS system is reportedly different... LX 570 AHC appears to be a whole lot more complex

KDSS does use the same fluid that is leveraged in the AHC system

I was told difference between 150 and 200 series KDSS according to DRKDSS is--->

"200 series sway is mounted on the frame like traditional sway bars and then they introduce the kdss shock deal on one of the arms for the sway bar vs on a 4r or gx the sway bar is mounted on a swinging link / shock."

Last edited:
Is that for front and rear? Or just the rear?

Front and Rear.

Front and Rear

200 series LC is more like GX 460 although KDSS system is reportedly different... LX 570 AHC appears to be a whole lot more complex

KDSS does use the same fluid that is leveraged in the AHC system

I was told difference between 150 and 200 series KDSS according to DRKDSS is--->

"200 series sway is mounted on the frame like traditional sway bars and then they introduce the kdss shock deal on one of the arms for the sway bar vs on a 4r or gx the sway bar is mounted on a swinging link / shock."

Yes, this is true. Sadly I have owned three GX's, three 5th Gens (one with KDSS, one without, and a Limited with XREAS) and now two 200's (LX570 and a LC). This has afforded me the luxury of experiencing them all and I have to say that KDSS in the 200 is the best. And while I liked certain aspects of AHC, overall I wasn't a huge fan.

Do you have to tear AHC out on the LX 570's to put a lift on them?
No, LX570 are super easy to lift, trick the brackets and recalibrate the sensor lift within techstream. Instant 3" lift and it still has more room for higher clearance. Works like factory still with lowering mode etc. There's a few people running stock suspension with 37's and one guy running 40's with stock suspension. No need for aftermarket lift when you have hydraulic suspension from factory. One of the few reasons to get an LX over a Cruiser. More info on the other side of the forums: Builds - MTKID's LX on 40's @tiny_the_200 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/mtkids-lx-on-40s-tiny_the_200.1292457/

Try to study up on AHC on the LX570... Lots of debates pro and con. Bottom line, you can moderately mod the LX and not have to change the suspension. It is actually incredibly robust, reliable and capable. Unbelievable road manners for a vehicle its size, especially hard breaking and cornering. Unless you really need 3"+ lift, desire a dedicated off road set-up, etc., then AHC is simply amazing.

AHC is oversold on this forum IMHO.

I’ll have to do more research on it. Thanks everyone.
One main selling point for me was the fact you can get a 150k-200k LX for $20-25k pretty much across the board nationally since way more LX available than 200 series. You're basically paying for the Toyota badge at this point. Just food for thought, but if you want the advanced crawl control and tire turning feature you're back up to $30-35k for 2014+ LX. For me it's been hard to find any reasonably priced 200 series regardless of year, but maybe as the market cools off could be worth the coin. I've been keeping tabs on both 200 and LX since my GX is looking a bit cramped; trying to extend the size as long as possible.

Got a buddy in Dallas possibly selling his clean 2009 LX570 with 160K miles on it soon. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

Always retrofit options for the adventurous

Just picked these up locally. Guy said he was drunk and accidentally ordered for a crewmax and he’s got a double cab 🤣. No wait time and saved $400 🤷🏻‍♂️

E25AD8CF-C7BA-4EB1-BF40-C4785F39B5B3.jpeg

Ha-ha-ha! And you don't even have the tread plate! Just tubing.
Ya for sure. But the plate can be installed afterwards.

Can’t wait for my high clearance rear bumper with dual swing outs. Now I have to decide on a camper. Either four wheel camper for a 28’ travel trailer.

Ya for sure. But the plate can be installed afterwards.

Can’t wait for my high clearance rear bumper with dual swing outs. Now I have to decide on a camper. Either four wheel camper for a 28’ travel trailer.
Must be nice to be stuck with such difficult decisions! I'd be happy if I had the space at my home for a 10' adventure trailer to put my RTT on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom