LC 200 mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congrats Mike 👍, thats a nice rig bud looking forward to catching up and checking it out soon 🍻

Cruise control went out on the 200 on my way up to Tennessee for Thanksgiving. I ordered a new switch and sent to my folks place and changed it while up there but didn't fix the issue. I ended up ordering a clock spring when I got home and that did the trick. If you run into an airbag malfunction or cruise control issue that maybe your issue. Its a quick and painless job and perfect opportunity to grease the telescoping steering column screws they were starting to squeak little to no grease left on them it was time.

Good video for pointers on separating the plug on the backside of the old ring you will need to keep it.
IMG_20211206_141536.jpg

Last edited:
mods-you-wouldnt-do-again-offroad-overlanding-vanlife.jpg

Here a link to my recap, which mod was helpful and which not, after 68`000miles of international overlanding

trippin

They've been sitting on a shelf in the shop for 6 months last nights project was install the Tough Dog UCA's so I can order another set of BFG KO2's. Maxing out the factory UCA's still yielded me an alignment within specs and I got 55K on the current set of KO2's which I'm happy with it'll just give me a little extra adjustment room 👍
IMG_20220112_233408.jpg

Next to a clean 15/16 model in a traffic jam on 459 north of Birmingham today 👍

20220124_074632.jpg

The RAM mounts are nice I have one for the phone and one for my tablet I run for navigation. Actually navigating takes both but thats another story. The tablet mount struggles to keep the tablet up on the rough trails and roads so I bought some 10lb velcro and trimmed around the nav screen and the back case of the tablet. The tablet is near the size of the Nav screen and so far tests on bad areas of HWY 90 and its holding fine. Time will tell, if it doesn't hold maybe time to replace the system with that Tesla style tablet contolled system.

20220210_160433.jpg

Larry, what was the RAM mount mounted to that it wasn’t holding the tablet up? I had one in the 80 with their double sided tape base on the center console next to the shifter and it held my iPad mini just fine for about 3 or 4 years and the tape finally gave. I bought another tape base and installed it but didn’t get to use it because I sold the rig. But I had no reason to believe that it wasn’t going to perform just as well.

Larry, what was the RAM mount mounted to that it wasn’t holding the tablet up? I had one in the 80 with their double sided tape base on the center console next to the shifter and it held my iPad mini just fine for about 3 or 4 years and the tape finally gave. I bought another tape base and installed it but didn’t get to use it because I sold the rig. But I had no reason to believe that it wasn’t going to perform just as well.

Nice I do like the RAM mount products and I can see the 3M mount holding well. I also have the suction mount that works well but didn't like how it took away some of the visibility. I have two of their X-Grips one on the pillar for my phone and one for the tablet thats screwed into the dash (in the pic above) with a reinforced piece of aluminum behind the plastic to add as a solid backing. On pavement and HWY running they hold well but the tablet mount no matter how hard a tighten it down will start to walk down on the gravel washed out roads or trails. Hoping the velcro will do the trick and it'll free up the dash mount to hold the HAM radio 👍

Merry Christmas to me, Land Cruiser parts :santa:

BH3d Cup Holder 200 Series Double Cup Holder – BH3D Printing - https://www.bh3dprinting.com/product/200-series-double-cup-holder/

and new lower controls arms, sway bar links, bushings and cam bolts.

Also some swag from ACE Overland

2 1/2 years ago during a cold snap several days in the 30's my air injection valves were stuck and it put the cruiser in limp mode. I had to clear the codes and ended up ordering the Hewitt Technologies Bypass kit (Part # Gen-II SAIS Bypass Kit) I thought the valves were done and I wasn't planning to replace them. While waiting for the kit the weather warmed up and one of the last resets the codes never came back thought the cold weather threw them for a loop and so I shelved the kit. Fast forward to last week with completely the opposite weather feels like a month of 100 degree days the valves are acting up again every two days throwing the codes and putting it in limp mode. Not the perfect time but tired of clearing the codes every two days I got out there last night and installed the bypass kit. The two videos below were a huge help watching them before I jump in. I had no issues on the wiring its pretty straight forward made me a platform to lay on top the motor to get to the back two air valve plugs but I didn't have any issues. I will say the worst part and most time consuming were the blockoff plates 200K plus miles they were seated pretty good. I cut a stake like he did and emptied the toolbox trying to free them loose even after presoaking them. The kit is very nice works perfect no valves spinning up at start up anymore and the system is all rainbows and unicorns again. Worth the money I'll report back if I have any failures.

Side note: I didn't leave any of the control units in I removed both units for Bank 1 and Bank 2 and just have the Hewitt module in the bracket.

20230829_231559.jpg
20230829_231635.jpg
Screenshot_20230829_104453_Autel MaxiAP200.jpg
20230829_231611.jpg

I installed the Gen 1 kit in my Tundra about a month ago. And I haven't had any issues either ( besides 1 of the factory pipes broke at the flange and now leaks ) great product!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom