Introductions in order (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, everyone. I'm perhaps the most boring 80-Series owner you're likely to encounter on a Thursday.

I have a 1996 LX450 with 207K, bone stock save for a CarPlay head unit and replacements. It's my daily driver, and the most offroading or overlanding it's like to see is driving bad gravel roads to an Airbnb my wife's picked out in the Blue Ridge.

Having said as much, I do love the thing (even though it won't fall out of a tree) and I want to keep it going forever. My in-laws own a general Toyota and Lexus shop but have trouble servicing Cruisers mainly due to parts sourcing struggles. I kind of need to be me own service advisor and parts guy.

I'll find the proper place to post, but my main reason for joining here is to have a resource for getting a head start on finding replacement parts and hopefully identifying trustworthy sources to buy them.

I've attached a photo that I think is pretty. If you look closely, you can just pick out the slightly mismatched splitgate. Thanks for having me and glad to be here.

Large Marge at Sunrise.jpg

Welcome. Many parts are still available from Toyota. Many dealerships have online stores with reduced prices. McGeorge Toyota in Richmond, VA is running an "up to 35% off" holiday special right now.

PartSouq in Qatar has a lot of what the domestic dealerships can't/won't deliver. Amayama and MegaZip also sell Land Cruiser parts. All are discounted heavily, but shipping may add cost if it's heavy or large.

There is a large font of knowledge in the FAQ section, and manuals for free download in the Resources section.

Lots of common service parts are available at the big box parts houses (brakes, filters, wipers, bulbs, etc). But get used to shopping Cruiser Outfitters (cruiserteq.com is their online store) and Rockauto for things like TREs, u-joints, seal kits etc. If you need it in a hurry, your dealer will get it next day if you order before 2 or 3pm (the Jacksonville warehouse keeps cruiser parts pretty well stocked).

Howdy Neighbor.

All the 80 series info you likely could want, and more, is here on the forum so you've come to the right place. There are plenty of us LC drivers around Chattanooga too and I'll keep an eye out for your LX and say hi if I see you around.

Is there a Promo Code that is used to get that discount?
No. Just standard every day off the MSRP. I get the same messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom