Builds SupraCruza (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Boring ass post just updates and what not

Truck is still doing great obviously there are those pesky little problems but nothing worth noting

I have been trying to figure out what I am going to do for 4wd cv axle wise
But have finally come to the conclusion to just make some custom spindles utilizing tundra stuff

new calipers and rotors from power stop
Some Dorman bearings
I will start to get everything into the computer and make them without taking the truck apart until it is time. This will allow me to run all tundra stuff which is pretty neat
Also allows me to run the big boy CV axles from RCV that have a warranty which I’ll probably need

9C8F1459-B938-48A8-8934-C4ABD43BCFB6.jpeg

The only irritating part will be doing the caliper mount but I think I have a decent idea on how to keep it straight using the hand brake while I weld the mount on there

Might add some light mounts for some cool factor and call it a day

Then it’s time to test it out rock crawling/rock racing type stuff. Still blown away how well it did at little Sahara.

Boring ass post just updates and what not

Truck is still doing great obviously there are those pesky little problems but nothing worth noting

I have been trying to figure out what I am going to do for 4wd cv axle wise
But have finally come to the conclusion to just make some custom spindles utilizing tundra stuff

new calipers and rotors from power stop
Some Dorman bearings
I will start to get everything into the computer and make them without taking the truck apart until it is time. This will allow me to run all tundra stuff which is pretty neat
Also allows me to run the big boy CV axles from RCV that have a warranty which I’ll probably need

View attachment 3155652
The only irritating part will be doing the caliper mount but I think I have a decent idea on how to keep it straight using the hand brake while I weld the mount on there

Might add some light mounts for some cool factor and call it a day

Then it’s time to test it out rock crawling/rock racing type stuff. Still blown away how well it did at little Sahara.
Pressurizing the brake caliper with compressed air works pretty well for welding brackets in place.

Pressurizing the brake caliper with compressed air works pretty well for welding brackets in place.
Awesome might do that if it easier I need to do all new hoses and a reel at the shop
Honestly just waiting for it to explode at this point😂

The ultimate big brake kit for the 80 series can’t be 4runner stuff😂
All the parts are in, now to get these into the computer
87A7E761-453D-4DC2-A079-697F42064396.jpeg

Instead of getting custom parts machined I decided I rather just modify some spindles after figuring out that they are super close geometry wise
Everything is in the computer
Hopefully I’ll get these welled up this weekend
64EE0438-25E0-4C0A-B586-6A705DC30FD0.jpeg
414685EB-EB3B-4A8F-A9B9-4579A3BC1BFB.jpeg
BFB08BBF-EA3F-4698-9851-6F997F7A4F00.jpeg

Going to be fun making these work but looks like most of everything is about where it needs to be
Which means most of it is going to get cut off because IFS suspension geometry is picky
615312A0-13CC-4254-8EEB-96F3422E92C7.jpeg

Obviously got it perfect the first time👀
546039C6-2579-45F7-9439-D342D0FCF0D2.jpeg
271A44CF-AB6F-4A6E-9831-2D98FA4CFD63.jpeg

A little before and after ordered some paint and just cut the other one out
A9F34C85-61A6-4915-8C91-37FB09F8D156.jpeg
BB259712-6B9E-43A5-AB85-1C880F11743B.jpeg
55AF2790-58C4-45BF-8569-CA9212D9B64E.jpeg

Got another done much better this time
Did auto set on the Miller the on the first and manual settings on the second

Picked out some metallic silver paint
Now to tear down the front end to get to a pesky oil line and get these installed and mount the differential again

Still trying to find someone local for axle shafts
ED88D02B-0123-4FC9-8D29-91856CD59234.jpeg
77306D52-DFE7-4D8C-8AD9-24101AB76D51.jpeg

Like a glove
Very small amount of rubbing on the wheel barrel from the steering lower mount
And I think at full comp and lock maybe a little more but yeah these look sick and are far better than that old crap😂
6E6A8AAC-77EE-4049-81A3-BF1B119E752B.jpeg

When you don’t have time to work on your real life truck so you start making your real life truck in a video game.
Keeping the recipe the same Except I am not sure if I want to add my own suspension in here seems like a lot of work but I guess that has never stopped me before
154E74E6-7D5A-4FFD-ADF3-EA98B8D0FB3B.jpeg

When you don’t have time to work on your real life truck so you start making your real life truck in a video game.
Keeping the recipe the same Except I am not sure if I want to add my own suspension in here seems like a lot of work but I guess that has never stopped me before
View attachment 3198452
Nice! Autocad? The number of hours I've spent in CAD modelling my virtual cruiser rivals how much time I've spent on the real life thing!

Nice! Autocad? The number of hours I've spent in CAD modelling my virtual cruiser rivals how much time I've spent on the real life thing!
Same haha
Fusion 360 is my main, this is blender still getting used to it! Apparently the thing to use for games

Same haha
Fusion 360 is my main, this is blender still getting used to it! Apparently the thing to use for games
Nice. I've played with 360 a couple of times but never for long enough. Everything I end up just going back to autocad because its what I know. I hear good things about blender as well

Man you have made way more progress in blender than I. I am cheap so that is where I started at.

Nice. I've played with 360 a couple of times but never for long enough. Everything I end up just going back to autocad because its what I know. I hear good things about blender as well
Yeah learning new CAD programs is difficult unfortunately
Best thing to do is to pick one and stick with

Man you have made way more progress in blender than I. I am cheap so that is where I started at.
Haha I imported files from fusion so wasn’t super hard
I started in sketch up

When you start looking into the next build🤦
BE09F805-EBF3-435E-B40A-66D545A74414.png

Blah blah blah yeah yeah finish
Boring new stuff>>>
Got the truck back on the lift need to mount the diff exactly in the middle(easier said than done) it’s kinda heavy with one hand. But it was never meant to be mounted this way kinda has me worried about the strength of it so I think it might be best to cage it so that it has a nice solid and symmetrical mounting pattern.
592AD3A8-CF58-4395-B9E0-9456F2FDB4D0.jpeg

But also something easy to get in and out without cutting. I’d like to do a trap door out of the bottom. Should allow me to make it semi adjustable. I am thinking with enough gusseting it’s doable. And still strong more importantly
Just boring stuff>>
Then there is some other stuff like new steering arms or more likely modifying both of them for different reasons
Pass side has the bolt welded in cause the captured nut escaped Alcatraz
And it needs to be able to accept a hydro ram
Past that fluids and plugs
Not boring>>>
I have a couple trips lined up to go see what breaks
Crossbar ranch OK
Disney OK
Both of which do ultra 4 races so there is no lack of the nasty especially when you are trying to do everything but fast
3D43C324-DC43-4804-86A6-303E3E2A16CD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom