Builds Canguro Racing's Monica (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Locktite and cross-threaded when that doesn't hold. We have been through a handful of beauty rings but I think we had 13? powder-coated and we've had to pick up a number of spare bags of the bolts.

Fast forward to the most recent race prep. We were able to find some bolts with a traditional hex head that were just slightly longer. We cleaned/tapped holes and they held thru the race just great. 😎

Screenshot_20221206_182144.jpg

(Pic by @getsomephoto on IG 😎)

I thought you’d given up your wheel set to Monica @cruiseroutfit

??? The ones off of my personal 200? It’s still running the RockWarriors. I have however begged, borrowed and stole to get more and more Rock Warriors for Canguro as we have a bad habit of ruining a couple each season racing. Usually something else breaks and the wheels get wrecked. They are a strong wheel.

??? The ones off of my personal 200? It’s still running the RockWarriors. I have however begged, borrowed and stole to get more and more Rock Warriors for Canguro as we have a bad habit of ruining a couple each season racing. Usually something else breaks and the wheels get wrecked. They are a strong wheel.
The rings looked familiar is all.

The rings looked familiar is all.

Similar but different. These were first coated red when we were rocking white wheels. We were losing rings pretty regularly as many of our wheels had super buggered threads, etc but this last batch of wheels is rocking.

That sums it up. We were experiencing a power loss that felt like fuel starvation. We swapped the factory fuel pump which is in a surge tank fed by the fuel cell and redundant feed pumps. Noto and I were suspect that would solve anything but we had the parts and the time as our chase crews were 30+ minutes from the course. Once we met with their engineers, they tried a litany of parts and tests. After extended time, they were just too far behind to make it to Check Point #1 before it closed so they made the decision to withdraw.

That sums it up. We were experiencing a power loss that felt like fuel starvation. We swapped the factory fuel pump which is in a surge tank fed by the fuel cell and redundant feed pumps. Noto and I were suspect that would solve anything but we had the parts and the time as our chase crews were 30+ minutes from the course. Once we met with their engineers, they tried a litany of parts and tests. After extended time, they were just too far behind to make it to Check Point #1 before it closed so they made the decision to withdraw.
Do they typically add something for data logging to make future development easier? Maybe give some insight into what the cause was for future racing?

Do they typically add something for data logging to make future development easier? Maybe give some insight into what the cause was for future racing?

It's running a full Toyota ECU (class rules require) so they'll have all the data in the world once they get it back in Japan. They were using Techstream computers to troubleshoot. I think with a little more time they would have found the culprit and resolve however Baja doesn't give up free time. We had pre-ran for a bit the day before and it ran flawlessly.

Was looking through some of my old pics and came across these shots we took down in Moab right after this version of the Livery had been completed. Not sure I have many pics of it this clean after this. :) Gotta say I was a fan of the white wheels!
IMG_1338 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

IMG_1408 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

IMG_1414 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Was looking through some of my old pics and came across these shots we took down in Moab right after this version of the Livery had been completed. Not sure I have many pics of it this clean after this. :) Gotta say I was a fan of the white wheels!
IMG_1338 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

IMG_1408 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

IMG_1414 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr
What’s the structure inside with 2 round holes in front of the spare in the second photo? Looks like a couple 15” subwoofers. You guys rocking the tunes on the races?

What’s the structure inside with 2 round holes in front of the spare in the second photo? Looks like a couple 15” subwoofers. You guys rocking the tunes on the races?

Transmission cooler.

Is the engine cooling setup factory? Fan clutch and all?

Correct. We replace the radiator (OEM), blade (AISIN) and fan clutch (AISIN) all from stuff we stock here at the shop. We generally replace them all annually and clean them more regularly.

Do you replace the shifter with something like an art carr?

Do you use an aftermarket oil cooler?

Do you replace the shifter with something like an art carr?

Do you use an aftermarket oil cooler?

Stock shifter

Stock oil cooler with a dry sump

The important question, what is the orange/red "flap" under the center of the vehicle touching the ground?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom