Teseven burnt down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really don’t want to support the communists. Terror,slavery ,mass jailings and murder I dont wish to support.
As a Cold Warrior (9/1987-9/1989 NATO service) I couldn't agree more with you Michael!
However, if I am not mistaken, the first to invest in Red China (during the eighties!) was Jeep Chrysler, who produced locally the Cherokee. VW followed (by producing the Passat) and then many others, including Japanese and South Koreans...

I emailed them and received their order sheet today. If this pdf will attach you can review the price sheet. Also, they will not make an aluminum version for anyone other than their in-house restorations.

Prices seem great, but I need to work out the costs for shipping, import, taxes, etc.

Attachments

• ORDER FORM 2022 TESEVEN ENG.pdf
    210.1 KB · Views: 67
Thanks. I really don’t want any more communist junk which supports their agenda to destroy this country and others that support freedom and democracy. Yes it is hard to find non communist products but not impossible.

Prices seem great, but I need to work out the costs for shipping, import, taxes, etc.
In 2018 when I received my stainless steel version of the 40 tub (1979 version).... it was $1490 to ship it to Houston. This included Teseven's metal
box for the tub itself. The shipping box was an amazing engineering wonder in itself and totally protected the tub.

The fee to the import broker was $371 at the Houston port.

I have since been using my old carbon steel tub and the stainless tub is still sitting in my garage. I am considering selling the stainless tub (which is a unique rust proof unicorn) later in the year if things work out on the refurb I'm doing.

In 2018 when I received my stainless steel version of the 40 tub (1979 version).... it was $1490 to ship it to Houston. This included Teseven's metal
box for the tub itself. The shipping box was an amazing engineering wonder in itself and totally protected the tub.

The fee to the import broker was $371 at the Houston port.

I have since been using my old carbon steel tub and the stainless tub is still sitting in my garage. I am considering selling the stainless tub (which is a unique rust proof unicorn) later in the year if things work out on the refurb I'm doing.
Sending you a PM.

I emailed them and received their order sheet today. If this pdf will attach you can review the price sheet. Also, they will not make an aluminum version for anyone other than their in-house restorations.

Prices seem great, but I need to work out the costs for shipping, import, taxes...
Good news, no doubt, thanks for sharing!

The only bad thing is that they don't have a bed/tray for the J45 PickUp (as LEKMA did, for a price comparable to theirs).

Hi Terrax and thanks for the info. Their stuff looks very interesting!
It seems to be the second Colombian manufacturer of 40-Series body parts (the other one being CITROA, /Troa_Main | TROA Website - https://www.citroa.com/troa-main).

However, it is much easier for us in Euroland to bring body parts from France: to my place in Greece it is just 1,300 miles via Italy (200 less than Los Angeles, CA-Houston, TX!). One needs just a truck, no customs, no import taxes (and agents). This make people like Teseven or Lekma invaluable..
Thanks again and keep cruising with your FJ45 that has such an awesome story! :beer:

Last edited:
Cruiser Works in Portugal sell a 45 bed:
1670355106395.png

Not cheap though...

Thanks. I really don’t want any more communist junk which supports their agenda to destroy this country and others that support freedom and democracy. Yes it is hard to find non communist products but not impossible.
Be careful, there has been at least 1 mud member that I know of who was banned for making a statement against buying anything from the PRC. Even though your post is not political it will be labeled as such and you will be removed. There are sympathizers among us. I Swear them Woody's will get ya every time!

Seems like there is a lot more suppliers than from years ago. I just wonder if these FJ45 bed makers have TOYOTA pressed into the tailgate. The amazonia parts are in primer which is nice. Seems the prices are all about the same , so , the next issue is quality.

Seems like there is a lot more suppliers than from years ago. I just wonder if these FJ45 bed makers have TOYOTA pressed into the tailgate. The amazonia parts are in primer which is nice. Seems the prices are all about the same , so , the next issue is quality.

Yes for CW:
1670367699241.png

And yes for Lekma:
1670367764946.png

...I just wonder if these FJ45 bed makers have TOYOTA pressed into the tailgate.
It seems that all the Chinese (there are two or three of them: Yuncheng, Yangzhou etc.) do not offer such a tailgate, at least with their complete bed/tray kit.

2b.png

Yangzhou Bodi Auto Parts.png

Yangzhou Bodi Auto Parts Co., Ltd..jpg

I remember something about adding TOYOTA on things without their permission. I suppose a small business l tailgate maker may get away with it, but the large volume that makes big money may grab the attention of Toyota.
This is what I think too.

5100 € HT for the Tseven tub for the 40 works out to be about $5360 USD which is a great deal considering their past costs. I was inline for a tub before the fire and they were very straight forward and said they had no idea when/if they would be back up and running and I was refunded the entire amount.
I am sure shipping is now through the roof but it would still be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom