Air Cleaner for Sniper EFI on 2F motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just finished installing the Sniper kit from Mosely Motors. Nicely done kit and I would recommend it.

I still have a few loose ends to tie up, one of which is the air filter...

The Mosely kit includes an adapter for the top of the throttle body with an offset hole on top to mate up to the air cleaner. I have a 1975 style air cleaner (the kind that mounts the filter over the top of the valve covers). The center of that air cleaner mount is offset from the center of the throttle body so a straight threaded rod isn't going to work. What have others done, just bend an offset in the rod? Or am I better off ditching the Toyota air cleaner and using one of the circular air cleaner assemblies that fits the Holley throttle body (disadvantage is loss of that vintage look)? What have others done?

Don’t ditch the air cleaner
Mosley likely has what you need

Yes, Mosley kit has an offset bolt threaded on both ends and comes with a wing nut. They either forgot to include or you misplaced it. I’d give them a ring. I just finished my kit as well and it’s pretty slick.

Yes, Mosley kit has an offset bolt threaded on both ends and comes with a wing nut. They either forgot to include or you misplaced it. I’d give them a ring. I just finished my kit as well and it’s pretty slick.
Thanks for reminding me to double check the bottom of the Mosley box. It was hiding down there. Problem solved and Mosley did include it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom