For Sale @ High Desert Cruisers (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD

I need to fund my 80 refresh and 2uz swap, so I am bumping this winch back to the top. It is ugly has some oxidation on the aluminum, and the remote does not work, so you would need one. It also looks like it has either a couple cracks or imperfections in the upper housing, see pictures. I intended to put this on my trailer but figured I would offer it fir sale, since I am not dragging things home like I used too. I am into it for 700 and that is what I am asking for it.

If I was going to put this on any of my Land Cruisers I would tear it apart and do a full rebuild to include blasting, powder coat, and I would ditch the solenoid pack for an Albright. I would also take the time to look at the housing from the inside to determine if it needed repaired or replaced.

Last edited:
I need to fund my 80 refresh and 2uz swap, so I am bumping this winch back to the top. It is ugly has some oxidation on the aluminum, and the remote does not work, so you would need one. It also looks like it has either a couple cracks or imperfections in the upper housing, see pictures. I intended to put this on my trailer but figured I would offer it fir sale, since I am not dragging things home like I used too. I am into it for 700 and that is what I am asking for it.

If I was going to put this on any of my Land Cruisers I would tear it apart and do a full rebuild to include blasting, powder coat, and I would ditch the solenoid pack for an Albright. I would also take the time to look at the housing from the inside to determine if it needed repaired or replaced.

View attachment 3186310

This thing is like a Pug, so ugly which makes it so cute. Hmmm, $700....<hording on> <hording off><hording on><hording off>...................

This thing is like a Pug, so ugly which makes it so cute. Hmmm, $700....<hording on> <hording off><hording on><hording off>...................
My thoughts exactly. Everybody wants an 8274, but most don't need an 8274. It's a project Ali. Something to tinker on for no reason.

Ali, maybe you could fit it on the 4runner. Isobel would be happy. You would want her to have the best winch she could have right!🤣

Ali, maybe you could fit it on the 4runner. Isobel would be happy. You would want her to have the best winch she could have right!🤣
oh gawd, can you imagine a stock front bumper with this thing sticking out of it? My daughter would be the shiznit among her peers. :rofl:

Truthfully, I'd want to stick it on my 80 just 'cause there ain't no particular reason not to .

oh gawd, can you imagine a stock front bumper with this thing sticking out of it? My daughter would be the shiznit among her peers. :rofl:

Truthfully, I'd want to stick it on my 80 just 'cause there ain't no particular reason not to .
Well it would help to have it in the garage to help mock up and modify your bumper.

awww, thanks dude. I'd need the guest room too 'cause I'm gonna be there a while with hot springs soaking and all that in between wrenching sessions.

Anytime! I am going to expect you to wrench more than you soak though. 😂

i already know you have good coffee, so that's a win.

I expect in a couple months I will be pulling the 3fe and a440 out of my 91 80series for a swap. If anyone might be interested in buying it and would like to test drive it before it gets pulled let me know.

Engine has 25x,xxx miles on it and ran fine before I had an electrical issue. The transmission is slow, when cold, to shift into first gear or reverse. After it warms up it works fine. Shifts through all other gears fine.

I will include everything I don’t need for the 2uz conversion.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have been to that guys shop before and saw one build in progress. I haven’t seen a finished product of his though but I sure he has some out there.

I wish I had the garage space and height to get one of these inside to build. If I did I would could building another.

$800 is not a bad starting point for some who wants to give it a try.
Speak of the devil… and old fj80’s

I have no use for this cord. It's too long. The only downside is it's two prong, no ground. Free.

cord.jpg

A friend is thinning her camera herd 😁

Screenshot_20221216-150412_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221216-150415_Facebook.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom