100 Series Hidden Winch Mount...another one (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone manage to tuck a winch up in the rear of the vehicle, where the spare tire used to mount? I suspect if someone had the fabrication skills it would be possible but idk.

Do winches require a secondary battery for power or could a running vehicle provide enough power with one battery?

Im out there wheeling solo often and a front mounted winch won't help me if / when I slip off the road and I'm nose first In the ditch.
Someone had a post in the past few months with a winch in the rear like you describe. I tried looking but I couldn’t find it. Hopefully someone else saw it or that individual can provide some input.

Someone had a post in the past few months with a winch in the rear like you describe. I tried looking but I couldn’t find it. Hopefully someone else saw it or that individual can provide some input.
This one perhaps?

This one perhaps?

That’s the one I was thinking of!

I'm all for lightweight aluminium but a winch mount is not where I would choose to save weight.

Just so folks reading this thread don't get the wrong information. Although Asfir skids are aluminum, their hidden winch is in steel. Says it right on their product page.

Just so folks reading this thread don't get the wrong information. Although Asfir skids are aluminum, their hidden winch is in steel. Says it right on their product page.

I stand corrected. I was thinking about this post where an Asfir hidden winch mount was easily bent and I assumed the construction was aluminium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom