Restoration project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 100 series I bought for Farley cheap, this was a ny car and they had the frame undercoated but I think it was a bit late.

My question is about the frame, I have found a brand new frame and a good condition used frame. I know for the cost of the new frame I could just buy another cruiser but the only reason I got this one was the color combo and body is in good shape except a rocker I plan on having fixed.

What title issues will I run into by switching frames to new vs. used?
I have already ordered a lot of parts for the switch, all new hard lines and ac lines I’m very ocd and always have to be working on projects to keep myself busy so don’t worry about the work involved that’s why I bought it, to bring it back.

Any suggestions on going with new vs. used?

i know there is a thread on here when someone did a frame-off / frame swap. it looks like a very big job - you will need a lift for sure. I don't think it's a difficult job, but you will need the lift. I cant imagine any title issues, the VIN assigned to your body will be the VIN of the finished truck, i think.

i know there is a thread on here when someone did a frame-off / frame swap. it looks like a very big job - you will need a lift for sure. I don't think it's a difficult job, but you will need the lift. I cant imagine any title issues, the VIN assigned to your body will be the VIN of the finished truck, i think.
I did see a couple of threads, one rebuilt his existing frame. I’m wondering if you buy it new from Toyota can they stamp your vin? That would be best case

You’ll need to contact your state/DMV, typically vehicle is registered by the vin# on the frame if there’s some sort of body swap etc. Your state may require you submitting both vins as to insure they’re not stolen.

Oh wow perfect thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom