TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I cannot seem to resist buying more vehicles, so I feel everyone's DMV pain. I do my renewals online, but in the last year, I have bought a pickup truck, a boat (with trailer) and a car hauler trailer, all of which required tag and title work. Let's just say that I've spent many hours standing in line at the DMV this year already and I just bought an '18 Honda CRV and a '95 4Runner within the last month that will both need tag and title work. :frown:

I cannot seem to resist buying more vehicles, so I feel everyone's DMV pain. I do my renewals online, but in the last year, I have bought a pickup truck, a boat (with trailer) and a car hauler trailer, all of which required tag and title work. Let's just say that I've spent many hours standing in line at the DMV this year already and I just bought an '18 Honda CRV and a '95 4Runner within the last month that will both need tag and title work. :frown:
Don't get started on the NC DMV.... lol
Im sure there is worse out there but it was by far the worst from where I've lived.

Wow…I feel lucky. The tag office here is in the city hall annex building. I’ve been twice to register and renew 3 vehicles each time. Add in the separate office for my license and I’ve logged a total of about 12 minutes over the last year dealing with DMV related activities. Then again, we’re no where near the size of Fay/Raleigh.

To clarify
Normally I don’t have any complaints about the nc dmv. Like i said they usually are very effective and knowledgeable but that was at my local one, which according to the post above was closed abruptly due to shady stuff.

The issue was trying to find a new place to go to that wasn’t super busy and that provided the services that I needed.

Cut the cord yrs ago, so cant comment, but new Sequoia plus SAS will be a whole lot of fun.

I am on a mental health break from working on our Maytag washer, it's making noises I've not heard before. I'd like to slap the bone head that designed this thing. Taking apart a Land Cruiser top to bottom has less frustration. Rant over. :)

Anybody else depressed today when the sun set so damned early??? At least it was mostly cloudy all afternoon here to partially mask the transition.
Yes. Was in a headlamp at 545pm. BS.

Yea.....even on a good day there are more and more people that are driving along on a multi lane hiway and hit the brakes, slow their entire line down, and THEN get over, usually to catch an exit at the last second. How about working with the other 99.9% of people on the road instead of actively not caring.

I swear that most people are surprised by every passing second of their lives....its a completely new day with each passing second and no planning required

Literal WTF!
Screenshot_20221204-220401_Chrome.jpg

So you're going to ship it to me twice... why the F can a company that has one job not figure this out... like that literally is your job.

Literal WTF!
View attachment 3185530

So you're going to ship it to me twice... why the F can a company that has one job not figure this out... like that literally is your job.

Nice to see that is not just shipments to/from us ...
Recently, my bride has mentioned cases similar to this happening with her purchases and sales (she sells extras from her children's book collections as she scores better copies).

Work ships a lot of items next day air. I see things getting held up in Tennessee for days. It’s like they get a computer virus a few times a year that totally screw up the process.

Minding my own business going the speed limit on the right lane yesterday on the way home from the Christmas party.

I put my blinker on to pass on the left lane.

A car zooms past me. No big deal. I switch lanes behind him then before I can switch back to the right lane homeboy brake checks me hard. Yes I was close to him because I had my cruise control on but it was nothing out of the ordinary.

I braked hard to avoid ramming him. He then shoots me the bird.

I couldn’t really believe what he did because I was thinking what the hell is wrong with this idiot.

I moved over to the right line and got next to him.

He was yelling at me and throwing me the finger.

Not a problem.

As most of you know.
My Moto in life has always been

Be nice, be courteous, but always have a plan to kill a mofo.

I then noticed something even more strange the dude had a kid in the back seat.

So this dude brake checked me for no reason with a kid in the back seat.

I hate to think what would have happened to that back seat if I would have hit that car from the rear at 70 mph with my lifted f250 that also has an arb bumper.

I followed him for a few miles. He must of realized he effed with the wrong person because he slowed down alot and I just decided to go around him.

Believe me, that old dude is lucky I had to gas up or else he would have had a horrible day.

Remember folks it’s not worth road raging.
It’s not the internet. One day you might mess with the wrong person.

We need to install 1 million more 'slower traffic keep right' signs in multiple languages, and enforce it. Its obvious that rule/idea is not a thing in the rest of the world and however these people are getting their license, they are not being told that....or they are riding dirty which is more like it.

Last edited:
Well my Cruiser is forever in the right lane...not fast enough to hang with the speedy cars. Don't think I have ever been road raged. Some nasty glares when merging. Zero to 60 takes about half a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom