What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did an oil change today. I think this is my 4th time doing it on my 200, which is also the first vehicle I've owned from this century.

For the love of god, what is the deal with the new style filter? I hate using the stupid little plastic thing to drain the filter. I hate the socket to unscrew the filter housing. Oil gets everywhere no matter what. Why couldn't they use a regular filter -- housing and element all in one?
My least favorite part of the process as well. The amount of oil you get on your hand and forearm just from pressing that disposable plastic filter drain tool into place from below before it is fully seated is infuriating. I’m going to try some long, curved needlenose pliers on my next oil change. I also saw a guy set it in the mouth of a bottle or jug and use the jug to press it into place. Far less messy.

Any more pics??
496A6A82-4A9B-4CFE-B662-0482F0A24189.jpeg

My least favorite part of the process as well. The amount of oil you get on your hand and forearm just from pressing that disposable plastic filter drain tool into place from below before it is fully seated is infuriating. I’m going to try some long, curved needlenose pliers on my next oil change. I also saw a guy set it in the mouth of a bottle or jug and use the jug to press it into place. Far less messy.
I’ve never used the plastic one, so can’t compare. But this one works for me.

Oil Filter Drain Tool Oil Filter Release Hose Tube Pipe Fit for Toyota, Lexus, Scion 2.0L - 5.7L Engines with Cartridge Style Oil Filter System

Tilts away w/ hydraulic dampeners to clear the rear hatch and tailgate folds down as well
Can the bottom tail gate fold down with the rack in its upright position? I understand the upper tailgate needs the rack to fold back to clear, but was just wondering if the bottom could open with the rack upright.

View attachment 3185620

Pretty crappy photo, but I undercoated my 200. Ready for winter wheeling here in the northeast.
Being in Houston most of the year it's obviously not a requirement but do you take it to a shop or do it yourself? I see more trips north during winter months and curious as to where, when, what, and how much it costs. Thanks.

Being in Houston most of the year it's obviously not a requirement but do you take it to a shop or do it yourself? I see more trips north during winter months and curious as to where, when, what, and how much it costs. Thanks.
I run my own small undercoating business at my home shop and do it all on a lift. shoot me a message for more details! thank you

Suits that year wayyyyy better man, good job!

Yeah, the wife and I say the same thing. I am really loving this setup on it. Goes in for new TPMS sensors and an alignment tomorrow morning. Not sure it needs an alignment, I put about 100 miles on it yesterday after the switch.

It rides better.
It drives better.
No pulling/etc.

Just feels "right"....and looks much, much better.

Yeah, the wife and I say the same thing. I am really loving this setup on it. Goes in for new TPMS sensors and an alignment tomorrow morning. Not sure it needs an alignment, I put about 100 miles on it yesterday after the switch.

It rides better.
It drives better.
No pulling/etc.

Just feels "right"....and looks much, much better.
I did the same and was hoping the tundra TPMS would work but it didn't sync.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom