FJ45 Headache rack top loops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skills is not my problem. Time. Especially this time of year. Let me see what I can conjure up.

I have a good pressbrake guy to do this. Someone send me dimensions or an example.

Update on what I call the "dog ears" on the headache rack. I made a quick attempt to fabricate one....pics attached. Not impossible, but it took a bit of fiddling along the learning curve. However, my test piece is made w/ 18ga (.048") but I measured the thickness of the actual part at approximately 0.10 +/-" (with paint). I'm going to try to make one with 1/8" steel and see how it goes.

@cruisermatt - you would probably need to get an actual piece as a prototype...not sure if anyone has one cut off a rack to loan you. Lot's of curves in this piece.

@KT40 - I'm trying to be precise because the concurs judges may take off points for inaccurate bends ;).

dog ear 1.jpg

dog ear 2.jpg

dog ear 3.jpg

dog ear 4.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great Pete! I was thinking the same- 1/8th” thickness. How about the width? I recall 1” wide?

Looks great Pete! I was thinking the same- 1/8th” thickness. How about the width? I recall 1” wide?

Yes, it’s about 1” wide or just under an inch. There is one big spot weld on the top and bottom leg holding it on.

That’s some serious bending!

What are these for, to keep long stacked stuff in bed in place?

@middlecalf - 13 gauge is definitely stout to bend, but when there's a will there's a way :smokin:.

I have no idea what Toyota was thinking for the function of the ears.

@xtremeVA are you currently making these? If so I’d like a set as well. If you are please post or PM details on how to proceed. Thank you in advance!

@Unimogguy and others:

Yes, I'm going to make some additional ears and will PM all who have expressed interest for shipping/payment details when additional pairs are fabricated. Please be patient...It's good ol' fashion hand bending in the garage in my spare time. Shipping in USA will be via USPS small box. Price is $40 shipped per pair ($30 for fab and $10 for shipping in USA). I don't have experience with International shipping but can look into it if needed.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom