For Sale SOLD 1997 LX 450 Wisconsin Inexpensive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
rgba(209, 177, 50, 0.28)
SOLD. Going to a good home with another member.

It is time to part with my 1997 LX450 after about 5 years…I don’t drive it very often and someone should use the truck…It drives nice and starts reliably. Over the past few years I have left it in the parking lot of my job and cycled it into my driving rotation here and there. Previous long time owner was a female doctor from Green Bay and then sold to a small South Central WI car lot. I have 36 pages of Lexus service records.

The Good:

-It is reliable. The driving experience is great. I should have sold it a long time ago but every time I drive it, I really enjoy it and I keep it and title and insure it another year. I know it’s not worth a ton but it is a good straight driving reliable vehicle. My work has been patient enough to let me keep it in the lot for about five years and I don’t want to insure and title it any longer as I don’t drive it too much. The 80’s are truly a great truck with a driving experience like nothing else I have driven. You will look back at it as you walk away from it.

-It drives nice and straight. Does not overheat, burn excessive oil or coolant; it takes you wherever you want to go…Its good in snow, the tires are great. It is a reliable truck even after sitting sometimes for a month or more.

-Service records show that short block, timing chain, ect. were replaced with new OEM at about 75,000 miles under warranty (due to oil consumption, I believe) . The block has approximately 162,000 miles on it.

In my possession, I have done or have had done the following:

-front diff replaced by Master Toyota Mechanic found on this board

-front birfields rebuilt by Master Toyota Mechanic found on this board

-replaced Y pipe with Magnaflow unit

-replaced mid-pipe with Bosal unit

-typical new owner maintenance (oil in diffs and transfer case)

-usual maintenance (Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck produces minimal oil consumption)

The Bad:

-It has been in Wisconsin I believe its entire life…There is rust as pictured….It is most certainly a driver and is priced as such, I believe.

-The front passenger seat is currently stuck forward…I have not spent any time investigating this.

-AC does not work, I do not believe.

-The airbag light is on and has been for five years.

-There is fraying on the driver seat belt.

-The rearmost passenger belt is non operational. IE. over the jump seat. I have both jump seats they are in good condition. The condition of all of the seats but the driver seat are actually really nice…I have kept up with conditioning and cleaning them. The driver seat has a tear as shown.

I am looking for 3600$ and I am firm…I will keep it as a third vehicle at a lesser price.

I will add things as I remember them.

Email is best means of contact. I am listing it here for a few weeks before I venture out into the wilds of Craigslist.

IMG_3237.jpg
IMG_3239.JPG
IMG_3243.JPG
IMG_3245.JPG
IMG_3246.JPG

Last edited:
Seems to be an honest ad and a good price. Good luck to the seller and owner.

Thanks. Forgot to mention PHH replaced when the truck was purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom