What did you do to your pig today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj62; yes. Plan is to make a clay model adapter, render in cad, then 3d print. Paged Doublenickles as I figured he’d probably beat me to the punch…

Sure, seems pretty straightforward. I'd reach first for a contour tool, which is exactly what you did in your next post. Dan (@Owyhee Jackass ) - rivet nuts are the way to go there, too. Highly unlikely that the holes line up - hopefully they're far enough off that you can install the rivnuts without issue.

If Dan can check the holes I can actually do the rest (grab a contour of the pig, reverse engineer the 60-series mount, and model up and print an adapter).

Forewarning: pretty damn pegged at work right now, so it might cause a delay. But glad to help!

Calvin

Last edited:
Sure, seems pretty straightforward. I'd reach first for a contour tool, which is exactly what you did in your next post. Dan (@Owyhee Jackass ) - rivet nuts are the way to go there, too. Highly unlikely that the holes line up - hopefully they're far enough off that you can install the rivnuts without issue.

If Dan can check the holes I can actually do the rest (grab a contour of the pig, reverse engineer the 60-series mount, and model up and print an adapter).

Forewarning: pretty damn pegged at work right now, so it might cause a delay. But glad to help!

Calvin
Awesome possum!!!

I feel your work pain, right now; life on hold for the MJBiz con trade show in Vegas next week.

neither OEM mirror mounting holes are useful- too far back on the door, so new mounting locations using rivnuts seems easily enough do-able.

My crappy CAD skills are highlighted with these fancy contours, and I have not made any forward progress in rendering an adapter base.

I will revisit this following the holiday, but am certain that anything you come up with will be superior to anything I come up with!!!

Hopefully they stop chewing on your ass at work, just so you can get some you time.

Lastly- the 62 mirror does not have full adjustability like the 60 series, so the angle of the mirror side adapter pad needs to keep that in mind; but I'm sure I'm preaching at the choir.

Good on ya, Cal!!!

Thanks!!!

Lambcrusher .... If you make an extra set I'll buy them !!
Thanks
Steve
Hey Steve!!!

Thanks!!!

The idea would be that a CAD file can be shared, and then it can be run by any reputable 3rd party 3D printer, in the material of choice.

Full disclosure: @DoubleNickels is a much better CAD artist than I am, and given time affordances, he may be offering a version in the future. If he does, I would happily pay him for his.

#communitysupport

Cheers!

Payment schmayment, it's not important to me to make money off this. I'm lit up by helping the community!

I'll take a stab at this - likely after the holiday.

Calvin

Guess it’s been awhile since my pig has had any attention,☹️ Maybe soon…

817F55AE-1508-4C0B-B5E0-F897F423F767.jpeg

Payment schmayment, it's not important to me to make money off this. I'm lit up by helping the community!

I'll take a stab at this - likely after the holiday.

Calvin
Good thing, we wouldn't be able to afford the likes of you!

Got the pilots' side of the rocker panel repair installed.
MAN DO I HATE BODY WORK!
It's about 2" higher than stock and about 3 times thicker and wider.
It has an integral slider bar which should also serve as a door ding protector.
The floor pan is protected on the bottom with stainless steel 0.060" plate.
New (4Runner) body mounts and 1/2" hardware is installed.
My original plan to use pieces from an 80 series rocker did not pan out.
Since I am poor, and I think I'm clever, I use materials that I have around the house.
I used some industrial shelving horizontal steel beams for the rockers and some 2" pipe for the sliders.
Welded together full length they are so strong I can stick a hi-lift jack under the slider anywhere and lift the side of the vehicle up with it.
Don't recommend tho, due to the stress on the body mounts.
Working on sealing up the underside today.

IMG_5138.JPG

IMG_5140.JPG

IMG_5143.JPG

Got the pilots' side of the rocker panel repair installed.
MAN DO I HATE BODY WORK!
It's about 2" higher than stock and about 3 times thicker and wider.
It has an integral slider bar which should also serve as a door ding protector.
The floor pan is protected on the bottom with stainless steel 0.060" plate.
New (4Runner) body mounts and 1/2" hardware is installed.
My original plan to use pieces from an 80 series rocker did not pan out.
Since I am poor, and I think I'm clever, I use materials that I have around the house.
I used some industrial shelving horizontal steel beams for the rockers and some 2" pipe for the sliders.
Welded together full length they are so strong I can stick a hi-lift jack under the slider anywhere and lift the side of the vehicle up with it.
Don't recommend tho, due to the stress on the body mounts.
Working on sealing up the underside today.

View attachment 3184990

View attachment 3184992

View attachment 3184994
That’s what i need to do next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom