The MUD 100 series Photos thread (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yesterday in Morocco.

Today I just about got stuck in mobs celebrating their World Cup victory over Canada…no footage, as I was freaking out wondering if I’d be able to make it back to camp with the fruit and veggies I drove into town for….

1349D5C7-D3A3-4088-9E42-147BC0B445FA.jpeg

Last edited:
Thought about selling it since the end of summer but driving down to Portugal made me fall in love with it again.
Got a little scare with a boost leak on the last 50km of the trip down, turns out my intake manifold bolts were loose (common issue on the FTE)
A949BB4A-F499-4F01-831E-E6F94A4CE89D.JPG

French HDJ100 showed up at our campground in Fes, Morocco last night. It’s super well kitted out—auxiliary water and fuel tanks and everything! The owner and I are going to exchange vehicle tours tonight.

024DE08D-1041-499D-84BD-9C7FDF6B4F77.jpeg

841185C4-836D-4B11-AC31-EBA0DE246C02.jpeg

French HDJ100 showed up at our campground in Fes, Morocco last night. It’s super well kitted out—auxiliary water and fuel tanks and everything! The owner and I are going to exchange vehicle tours tonight.

View attachment 3184328

View attachment 3184329
Love how cean that setup looks. Not to beefy but we'll equipped. How did the water storage setup look ?

Apparently, I'm at EOL. Or no more oil changes are ever required. I suppose the latter would ultimately result in the former.

1670107111596.png

Love how cean that setup looks. Not to beefy but we'll equipped. How did the water storage setup look ?
Ha! I forgot to ask him where/how that works. I think it’s underneath, as is his aux fuel tank. He said the PO built it and he bought it, so he might not even have known many specifics had I thought to ask…

724E8722-573A-4BB2-9306-AEE47FD5F7C0.jpeg

Had some fun in the snow today. KO2 handle great, don’t know why I’ve been seeing so much hate on them.

Question: pulled into 4Lo for a small section today, But there was no light to indicate it was so. Do you guys have 4Lo indicator lights? Yr 2000

View attachment 3185569

Had some fun in the snow today. KO2 handle great, don’t know why I’ve been seeing so much hate on them.

Question: pulled into 4Lo for a small section today, But there was no light to indicate it was so. Do you guys have 4Lo indicator lights? Yr 2000
There isn't an indicator light for transfer case on our trucks.l

There isn't an indicator light for transfer case on our trucks.l
Unless you leave the transfer case in neutral and try to put the transmission in gear...

View attachment 3185569

I think for folks who are used to dedicated snow tires KO2s might seem less than. My rig came with Blizzaks (or however that’s spelled) and it was pretty much unstoppable . But I’ve run 2 sets of KO2s now and guess what- my rig is pretty much unstoppable. Can I break traction if I get rowdy? Yes. But I can also pass lines of traffic in the snow, on snow packed or slushy roads without any loss of traction or vagueness. I also plow snow for our local government, so I come into work in the middle of the night on every crappy condition you care to mention and have never been held up by my tires. One more thing- our fleet manager runs KO2s on all of the plow trucks, mostly 3/4 and 1 ton 4wd pickups with 8’ blades. No one is complaining about traction.

00CA1ECF-5E05-4159-B380-3C6C2EA48B71.jpeg

I think for folks who are used to dedicated snow tires KO2s might seem less than. My rig came with Blizzaks (or however that’s spelled) and it was pretty much unstoppable . But I’ve run 2 sets of KO2s now and guess what- my rig is pretty much unstoppable. Can I break traction if I get rowdy? Yes. But I can also pass lines of traffic in the snow, on snow packed or slushy roads without any loss of traction or vagueness. I also plow snow for our local government, so I come into work in the middle of the night on every crappy condition you care to mention and have never been held up by my tires. One more thing- our fleet manager runs KO2s on all of the plow trucks, mostly 3/4 and 1 ton 4wd pickups with 8’ blades. No one is complaining about traction.

View attachment 3185875
Having run KO2s through a couple of winters on my 98 (no traction control, 3 channel ABS etc) - I concur the KO2s do great in snow, slush etc. Where they absolutely pale in comparison to the dedicated snow tires is icy surfaces. Going down a steep icy grade with switchback type turns, a snow tire can be the difference between getting home or sleeping in the truck in a ditch!

Clarification: I am mostly agreeing with @changingground and not challenging his assessment of KO2s, just adding my tuppence abt snow tires.

20200111_150121.jpg
Woods1.JPG

View attachment 3185569

I don't get it either. I've been very happy with my KO2's in everything short of nasty mud that anything but a M/T would struggle in. :meh:

Having run KO2s through a couple of winters on my 98 (no traction control, 3 channel ABS etc) - I concur the KO2s do great in snow, slush etc. Where they absolutely pale in comparison to the dedicated snow tires is icy surfaces. Going down a steep icy grade with switchback type turns, a snow tire can be the difference between getting home or sleeping in the truck in a ditch!

Clarification: I am mostly agreeing with @changingground and not challenging his assessment of KO2s, just adding my tuppence abt snow tires.

View attachment 3185915View attachment 3185916

Agree, even a hint of ice and they are scary. They are not pretty, but the LTX is a much better winter option. I have LTX the 100 and KO2 on the 200. We get more ice than snow in this part of the country and I will only drive the 100 in those conditions.

Agree, even a hint of ice and they are scary. They are not pretty, but the LTX is a much better winter option. I have LTX the 100 and KO2 on the 200. We get more ice than snow in this part of the country and I will only drive the 100 in those conditions.
Related, she may be driving her LC still if she had winter tires instead of General Grabbers for this arctic expedition

Or if she slowed down. I've driven that road and it's ez to get lulled into driving to fast for the conditions.

I now have the engine and transmission from that truck sitting in my garage, haha. Engine has been torn down and refreshed and is sitting on a stand waiting to go in my 03 if the need ever arises. Likewise with the tranny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom