RE: Advice from FJ25 'ers' for my 1964 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I rarely visit the 25 section and haven't followed this thread. Question why does the exhaust exit on the right side? Air cleaner used in 64 was different than the earlier air cleaners. Thought oil bath was rare in Australia? US got the oil bath and hub caps which were actually options but seem to be standard in the US.
IMG_20210226_102908754.jpg

Also I would be sure the B pillar bow in long enough to reach the second hole down in the tub. Can't tell if it as long as stock. I was guilty of cutting one of mine a little short on my 68 hard top. I was a little younger back in 1974 when I did it.
IMG_20200912_133952339.jpg

IMG_20200912_134008721.jpg

Okay I read a few pages back and see the right side exit. It looks to exit straight out the side which is what the LHD did up 75 on LHD. I have FSM for 62, 63 and 66. I also have some parts micro-fiche for a few years in the early sixties. Those are all another location we are usually at by mid October. Where we summer it prone to forest fires and leave all my literature at our other home for that reason.

Okay I read a few pages back and see the right side exit. It looks to exit straight out the side which is what the LHD did up 75 on LHD. I have FSM for 62, 63 and 66. I also have some parts micro-fiche for a few years in the early sixties. Those are all another location we are usually at by mid October. Where we summer it prone to forest fires and leave all my literature at our other home for that reason.
Yes, I'll be getting the angle of exit of the rear pipe altered to come out at 90dg to chassis. This was an error.

Congratulations!! :clap: Such a good feeling to finally get to drive them after all that work.

What part is warped, the top or bottom half?

I have seen them resurfaced by sanding with fine emery with the sheet of sand paper on a 1/4” piece of glass. Has to be a very flat surface and glass will suffice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom