2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they risk introducing the 70 here just so they could reap the same dismal numbers Ford is doing with the Bronco?
Dismal? I had to google this. Perhaps a biased source that's not telling the whole story, but here it is:

"As most are well aware by now, the sixth-generation Ford Bronco remains in high demand with loads of unfilled orders that carried over from the 2021 model year. With Ford limiting 2023 Bronco orders to carryover order holders and dealer stock only, that means that anyone else looking to purchase the SUV must head to a local dealer and hope that they have one in stock. Unfortunately for those folks, 2022 Ford Bronco dealer stock seems to be practically non-existent at the moment, according to the automaker’s September sales report." https://fordauthority.com/2022/10/2022-ford-bronco-dealer-stock-practically-nonexistent/

the US will never see a 70 series or any other dual solid axle truck… it just doesn’t make any sense to sell it here. ............................Why would they risk introducing the 70 here just so they could reap the same dismal numbers Ford is doing with the Bronco? ................... Clearly, Americans are uninterested in off-road vehicles, and Toyota is wise to steer clear of the market.......

Uh, are we in the twilight zone? This has to be one of the most uninformed comments Ive ever seen posted on Mud.

There are at least 2 solid axle Jeeps at every intersection I come to. It will forever be a mystery to me why Toyota never built another competitor to the Jeep Wrangler. The FJ Cruiser was a fail in my opinion, AND YET there was still crazy demand for it. Still is. All they had to do was redesign that as a convertible, and they would have been selling millions of them.

But too late now, Ford did.

The words "dismal" and "Bronco" dont belong anywhere near each other. The launch of the new Bronco has been compared to that of the original Mustang. As in, one of the most anticipated and successful unveilings of a new vehicle ever. Not only are they selling everyone they can produce, over MSRP in many cases, they are selling ones they wont be able to finish building for another year or more.

The FJ Cruiser was a fail in my opinion, AND YET there was still crazy demand for it. Still is. All they had to do was redesign that as a convertible, and they would have been selling millions of them.

There was a FJ Cruiser convertible. It was butt ugly.

253874FB-387B-42E6-AB6F-314FB27D3445.jpeg
3195A186-FA74-440E-9639-6DB57EE75987.jpeg

Uh, are we in the twilight zone? This has to be one of the most uninformed comments Ive ever seen posted on Mud.

There are at least 2 solid axle Jeeps at every intersection I come to. It will forever be a mystery to me why Toyota never built another competitor to the Jeep Wrangler. The FJ Cruiser was a fail in my opinion, AND YET there was still crazy demand for it. Still is. All they had to do was redesign that as a convertible, and they would have been selling millions of them.

But too late now, Ford did.

The words "dismal" and "Bronco" dont belong anywhere near each other. The launch of the new Bronco has been compared to that of the original Mustang. As in, one of the most anticipated and successful unveilings of a new vehicle ever. Not only are they selling everyone they can produce, over MSRP in many cases, they are selling ones they wont be able to finish building for another year or more.
Um, @Land Stalker 's post was pretty clearly overflowing with sarcasm... I'd suggest reading it again :).

Ive lost the plot to be honest on the above 👆 but…

I wonder how well the bronco will do in the long term. There was massive pent up demand, and women looooovvveee them. Im curious if the overland craze will stop growing in general too.

But, all this kinda takes me back to the 4 runner / gx.
its as this convo conveys, kind of a pivotal release for the T badge.
im also willing to bet if trims were available outside of soccer mom edition for the 4 runner, and Toyota would grow a pair like they’re pretending to do at sema, they could take an aggressive build 4runner to the next level and give the bronco a run for its money.

As far as Bronco, its got the chops out the factory, something toyota has yet to do in the states, a la missing 76 story…

1670026718747.png

Fill the gap? Lol

Wheres the 300? s*** like this is why i Toyota bash daily.

I spoke with a salesman who informed me the sales manager at the dealership has seen the new Land Cruiser in person that is coming to the US in 2024. I also confirmed that this is NOT the compact electric cruiser which has been floating around. It is supposedly going to be a “retro” version with stripped down/barebones options. Since the current LX has a 2 year wait in the US, I decided to place a $1,000 deposit down with them to get first dibs on their first allocation when it is released. It’s fully refundable so no harm no foul if it doesn’t pan out.

I spoke with a salesman who informed me the sales manager at the dealership has seen the new Land Cruiser in person that is coming to the US in 2024. I also confirmed that this is NOT the compact electric cruiser which has been floating around. It is supposedly going to be a “retro” version with stripped down/barebones options. Since the current LX has a 2 year wait in the US, I decided to place a $1,000 deposit down with them to get first dibs on their first allocation when it is released. It’s fully refundable so no harm no foul if it doesn’t pan out.
I read somewhere said something like that. Retro version of 70 series or something like that. That would be pretty sick imo. Guess we shall see this time next year.

So is there one already in the USA or did he see it in Japan? 🙄

Last edited:
The GX550 will be boxy like old Prado and current Defender.

No way T will make a “different” looking LC for US market on such a low volume SUV as is.I have a 2020 Defended and it.is.awesome.
I have a 2020 Defender and it is amazing. Very cool interior, the drive is really nice. And the tech is impressive. But…it was almost 30,000 miles now and I don’t know how long this new vehicle can go before becoming problematic. Now that they’re built in Slovakia the build quality is supposed to be different. But only time will tell and I have a year left to figure out if I wanna be a guinea pig for that or not. The Defender is cool…but maybe not that cool...a boxy GX or LC would be the solution.

What's really going to happen?
:hmm:

Current new rumor is prado.
Kind of makes sense, kind of doesn’t.

Personally think the 300 still wont sell in USA and itd be a mistake to bring it back.
Biggest reason being the sequoia. Its pretty good for what the typical person was buying the LC 200 for.

the US will never see a 70 series or any other dual solid axle truck… it just doesn’t make any sense to sell it here. The reason those trucks are sold in Australia is simple… Australia has much more challenging terrain than the US. Well, except for the equally challenging terrain in the rural areas of almost all states, and the more challenging terrain in states like Alaska, Wyoming, North and South Dakota, California, Washington, Oregon… okay, so that point may be wrong. The number of people who need it, that’s the point I meant to make! As everyone knows, almost everyone in Australia is basically Crocodile Dundee, and… oh wait. My wife, who is Australian, is telling me most people live in cities, and dedicated off-roaders are really only needed in the Northern Territories, and like sixteen people live there. But that number still dwarfs the number of Americans who live in rural areas and routinely navigate challenging terrain… let me just check the census here to be sure… one minute… okay, so maybe “dwarfs” is an overstatement, it’s something like seventy million, but don’t let raw numbers fool you, those sixteen Australians in the NT buy an absolute s***-ton of trucks. The market there is easily larger than what Toyota could ever hope to sell in the US, as long as each of those Australians buys, um, let’s see… four million, three hundred and seventy-five thousand trucks. Each. Which they definitely do, otherwise Toyota obviously wouldn’t focus on that market for their serious off-road stuff while ignoring the US. I mean, they aren’t stupid, right? It just makes sense. Why would they risk introducing the 70 here just so they could reap the same dismal numbers Ford is doing with the Bronco? Or Land Rover with the new Defender? Clearly, Americans are uninterested in off-road vehicles, and Toyota is wise to steer clear of the market. I think what everybody wants is at least three more years of the current model 4Runner and no more LCS, please! Certainly not the 70.

Not sure why the sarcasm is flying over everyone’s heads. Great post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom