For Sale SWB Fixed Cab Rear Split Window Rubber Extrusion Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll take a lock with me like I said this coming week and see what I can come up with from a buddy with a fab shop. Could always go something this route as well maybe take the rubber stopper off shorten the thread to what just locks and doesn't stick out as far then reinstall rubber end

Screenshot_20221201-072718.png

@sofj45 that might be another good option. Have to see if the 7/8” dimension is tall enough.
8B7F4390-F913-4488-81C6-728F123D1763.png

on edit: nope, not tall enough to clear rubber. Needs to be 1-3/8 to 1-1/2” tall. But the pattern/concept might be a good option to duplicate.

Last edited:
Went for a drive today, no pics - too boring 🥱 - but first drive with closed windows and the heater on - it was 25-deg F outside! Nice and toasty after the rig warmed up, and I can’t hear my tailgate rattle now 👏. Thanks @Racer65 and @Ndisgyz (and anyone else helping) for getting this done!

Don’t know why this just dawned on me, but it did, and I’m not sure if it could even be verified. We’d need an original set from before mid-‘63 to compare to the post mid-‘63 that these repros were templated from. The design change are those drain holes in the bottom of the rubber and the drain slots in the sill. If you have the slots in the sill (post mid-‘63) you’re good to go with drainage. If not, then those drain holes will drain into the cab, so they need to be plugged. Toyota must have had enough issues/complaints to change the design. Pics as part of evidence:
I think those indentations are for drainage, my 64 had them, but my 63 doesn't. Fixed tops had two different back cab panels, would have thought the newer one would get the drains, but the indentation is on a early back in your first picture?? so not sure when drains or what ever they are showed up.

Rubber is held in by screws that counter sink into the rubber into the window frame.

Here is my 64 with the different back cab panel for reference. Older has 6 ribs, newer has 4 indentations..

View attachment 2528944

EDIT: sorry got off subject

Curious, looks like the drain hole will be on the inside of the cab, if I’m looking at the orientation correctly.
View attachment 3127648

Anyone have a picture of the bare sill in the area of one of those slots? @sofj45 any pics? Does your early seal have those drain holes? @tahoe40/45 ?

Last edited:
Don’t know why this just dawned on me, but it did, and I’m not sure if it could even be verified. We’d need an original set from before mid-‘63 to compare to the post mid-‘63 that these repros were templated from. The design change are those drain holes in the bottom of the rubber and the drain slots in the sill. If you have the slots in the sill (post mid-‘63) you’re good to go with drainage. If not, then those drain holes will drain into the cab, so they need to be plugged. Toyota must have had enough issues/complaints to change the design. Pics as part of evidence:

Anyone have a picture of the bare sill in the area of one of those slots? @sofj45 any pics? Does your early seal have those drain holes? @tahoe40/45 ?
This is an old photo but my truck doesn’t have those drain ports.
Hope that helps.
075858DF-B875-4F84-88EE-A2352BD6DE8F.jpeg

Here’s pics of my ‘63 VIN #13529
Looks like I have the drain holes.

C9113459-4CFD-4F93-84F7-3BBD954B75AD.jpeg

886AD52C-69EE-4CAD-B59B-03E2821A165F.jpeg

Paul it looks like your 45 doesn’t from an early pic before your restoration. VIN #13048
88C5E3C1-873F-4C9B-BE61-E7D1E06AAB8E.jpeg

Here’s one from a early 45 I was considering purchasing several years ago. I don’t know the VIN tho but the inner door lock mechanism and angled tool box is early ‘63. It appears to have a later model gasket with drain hole on an early window sill.

81EA07B4-9302-460F-AE0A-16F2F4890E7D.jpeg

66F906C8-762F-431F-846E-8431AF347DFB.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for posting your pics gents! Yeah I don’t have those drain slots/ports/holes. I think they showed up mid-‘63, and I’m guessing that’s also when the rubber seals got the drain hole in it, before that I‘m guessing there were no drain holes. @Unimogguy (on edit) the rubber holes aren’t visible from outside, they drain downward into the drain slot (if it’s there). I think that is a missing chunk of the gasket shown in the passenger side rubber of the blue truck, it’s also not outboard enough to where the later drain slots and drain holes are.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for posting your pics gents! Yeah I don’t have those drain slots/ports/holes. I think they showed up mid-‘63, and I’m guessing that’s also when the rubber seals got the drain hole in it, before that I‘m guessing there were no drain holes.
Maybe Paul @3_puppies could post a pic? He’s got a VIN #13059 between us. Or maybe Mark @cppilot with VIN #13383. Curious now when the change over occurred?

I'll try and get some pics later today.

here are some pics, no drain showing

DSCF4848.JPG

DSCF4849.JPG

DSCF4850.JPG

DSCF4851.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom