Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Program Discussion (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cool to see Justin bring that over to SEMA but what does that actually mean for future Toyota vehicles? probably nothing. I keep hearing a new "land cruiser" is in the works for USA from actual Toyota Dealers but nothing more than that. Do you know something we don't know Kurt? Its like the Land Rover commercials using old Defenders to promote the new one, they couldn't be more different vehicles. I don't know man. The passion for the heritage wheelers is so strong and other brands are reading that vibe but Toyota doesn't seem to get it. Toyota could make some serious waves if they tried again and got it right. Something similar to 70 series in a 2 door, 4 door and 4 door truck variant.

Why bother going that far, just import a basic stripped 70 series with low tech and it will probably sell better than the FJ Cruiser. Profit per unit wouldn't match that of 4Runners and Tacoma.

In 1993 when I was looking for a FJ62 I checked out a 87 FJ60 at a Toyota Dealer. While a nice cruiser really need an automatic my wife would drive. Talking to the salesman I said if I could order a stripped 80 series minus the $500 option for diff locks I would order one. Salesman said no problem and went to get his manager. Manager showed up and first thing he did was asked if I liked the FJ60. When I asked about ordering a stripped 80 series no they can't do that. Sticker was over $50K. Minus all the listed options it was around $35K. Toyota USA isn't concerned what customers want as how much profit they can make per unit. On the 93 the list price option for leather was $5,000 compared to $500 for diff lockers. How many leather package 80 series were imported in 93 compared to lockers? Shows where their mind set was at.

Last edited:
Why bother going that far, just import a basic stripped 70 series with low tech and it will probably sell better than the FJ Cruiser. Profit per unit wouldn't match that of 4Runners and Tacoma.

In 1993 when I was looking for a FJ62 I checked out a 87 FJ60 at a Toyota Dealer. While a nice cruiser really need an automatic my wife would drive. Talking to the salesman I said if I could order a stripped 80 series minus the $500 option for diff locks I would order one. Salesman said no problem and went to get his manager. Manager showed up and first thing he did was asked if I liked the FJ60. When I asked about ordering a stripped 80 series no they can't do that. Sticker was over $50K. Minus all the listed options it was around $35K. Toyota USA isn't concerned what customers want as how much profit they can make per unit. On the 93 the list price option for leather was $5,000 compared to $500 for diff lockers. How many leather package 80 series were imported in 93 compared to lockers? Shows where their mind set was at.
I mean, from a profit standpoint, can you blame them? I read somewhere they've made some minor changes and updates to the 70 series, one would think that means a commitment to continue producing them for a while at least in certain markets. 4 door wagons and 4 door pickups would be awesome in the USA. The argument goes that they are inefficient and expensive to build and would have to charge $70-80k+ and people just wouldn't buy them for that price being so rudimentary. @Living in the Past would you pay that much for a new 70 series?

If they could build the 70 series in the US and update them, offer more variants, maybe they could actually have a competitor for the Wrangler and Bronco in a similar price range. Shoot, even a PX10 type model would have been a way better move than the FJCruiser imo. Toyota could literally update for safety standards a PX10 type model in the $38-50k range and sell the ever living piss out of them taking advantage of their 4x4 heritage and offering real offroad competition. I think we might all be "living in the past" tho, they'll probably offer some lame new EV and call at a ECruiser. I suppose we are getting off topic a bit here, probably a better thread for this discussion.

PX10.jpg

Last edited:
I mean, from a profit standpoint, can you blame them? I read somewhere they've made some minor changes and updates to the 70 series, one would think that means a commitment to continue producing them for a while at least in certain markets. 4 door wagons and 4 door pickups would be awesome in the USA. The argument goes that they are inefficient and expensive to build and would have to charge $70-80k+ and people just wouldn't buy them for that price being so rudimentary. @livinginthepast would you pay that much for a new 70 series? If they could build the 70 series in the US and update them, offer more variants, maybe they could actually have a competitor for the Wrangler and Bronco in a similar price range. Shoot, even a PX10 type model would have been a way better move than the FJCruiser imo. Toyota could literally update for safety standards a PX10 type model in the $38-50k range and sell the ever living piss out of them taking advantage of their 4x4 heritage and offering real offroad competition.

View attachment 3170565

For the record the PX10 is a modified 70 series. Haven't checked but think a non premium SR5 4Runner could be bought for less than $50K. That still pretty loaded compared to how I would want a simple 70 series. Manual windows, cloth non electric seats, steel wheels and of course a manual transmission. Interesting you can buy 79 series bodies in the northeast. If they are being made in to armor vehicle or mine vehicles I'm not sure. But someone must feel the frame and drivetrain is worth it. Haven't followed the 70 series markets but can see some middle east markets getting the fully loaded version. If still sold in any third world markets can't see them selling for $70K. The biggest put fall is safety and emissions requirements for the US. Toyota feels it worth for the 4Runner and Tacoma but not the 70 series. If Toyota really wanted to they could bring in the 70 series but they are content. Can't help they also feel most Americans are soft and would not except the 70 series. Even the current jeep is not the utility vehicle it was. Certainly not something you would want to have the top off in the rain. Jeep sells on the image. Little I looked at the new Bronco if you want one for more than the image your going to pay for.

For the record the PX10 is a modified 70 series. Haven't checked but think a non premium SR5 4Runner could be bought for less than $50K. That still pretty loaded compared to how I would want a simple 70 series. Manual windows, cloth non electric seats, steel wheels and of course a manual transmission. Interesting you can buy 79 series bodies in the northeast. If they are being made in to armor vehicle or mine vehicles I'm not sure. But someone must feel the frame and drivetrain is worth it. Haven't followed the 70 series markets but can see some middle east markets getting the fully loaded version. If still sold in any third world markets can't see them selling for $70K. The biggest put fall is safety and emissions requirements for the US. Toyota feels it worth for the 4Runner and Tacoma but not the 70 series. If Toyota really wanted to they could bring in the 70 series but they are content. Can't help they also feel most Americans are soft and would not except the 70 series. Even the current jeep is not the utility vehicle it was. Certainly not something you would want to have the top off in the rain. Jeep sells on the image. Little I looked at the new Bronco if you want one for more than the image your going to pay for.
Jeep Wranglers and Gladiators are still solid axle and can be had for 40-50k and they are quite refined on the interior now. I'd argue way more comfortable and updated than the 70 series, even though the 70 series is legendary in its own way. (I own an import). I don't think *most Americans would line up to buy them for the high prices due to the compromise in comfort and safety as is. Just my opinion. A revised version, still somewhat simple and affordable that looks cool would do well though imo.

i was initially puzzled and surprised to see this on the new offerings of the heritage program ?

- my fellow T-TEN classmate who still works for TOYOTA at the new PLATO TX . head quarters told me it's because :

" ALL you Land Cruiser People don't turn in your Cores " ?

- this then made total sense to me ..

- is this in part or whole a fact Kurt / @cruiseroutfit 🤔

1668737899571.jpeg

i was initially puzzled and surprised to see this on the new offerings of the heritage program ?

- my fellow T-TEN classmate who still works for TOYOTA at the new PLATO TX . head quarters told me it's because :

" ALL you Land Cruiser People don't turn in your Cores " ?

- this then made total sense to me ..

- is this in part or whole a fact Kurt / @cruiseroutfit 🤔

View attachment 3171145

I can certainly ask. With the man himself in Mexico for a few days. Koyari-san is the man behind the heritage Land Cruiser parts program.

Screenshot_20221117_190308.jpg

I can certainly ask. With the man himself in Mexico for a few days. Koyari-san is the man behind the heritage Land Cruiser parts program.

View attachment 3171206

oh wow Kurt , far out brother ! :D

please let Mr. Koyari-san know that i wish to meet him in-person one day along with you and share some of my yet to be brought to manifest TEq Pipe dream ideas ,
some of witch you and i have chatted about in the past as well too .........

- also , convey my strong positive feelings about and on the whole broad-brush Vintage TOYOTA Updated Reproduction HERITAGE Seat Belts safety topic too .......
that the TORKAIRIKA Corp. could easily make a realty that would benefit all Land Cruiser owner operators and passengers globally too ........ :)

- let Him and other HERITAGE Parts Program officials know where the worlds ONLY 2005 UCK41L SUPER HILUX finally wound up ..:idea:

Kindly
Matt .......

201A54F0-EE48-4661-A47D-6A93D53E8A78.jpeg
8FAA32BE-77B5-44B4-8348-FABB027FF610.jpeg

1.1 Copy (8) - Copy - Copy.jpg.png

Last edited:
Excited at the future of the program. Likely not something we'll be ordering at our local dealers, but neat stuff.

I did have a few more heritage parts arrive from Japan and just got confirmation on some others, 84111-20031, 84222-60020 and some other small items are inbound.

Excited at the future of the program. Likely not something we'll be ordering at our local dealers, but neat stuff.

I did have a few more heritage parts arrive from Japan and just got confirmation on some others, 84111-20031, 84222-60020 and some other small items are inbound.

don't get me wrong Kurt ,

the re-Issue of the made in JAPA
N 84111-20031 is HOT HOT HOTTER then HOT awesome ! 🦄

- my 3 professionally restored examples below can get folks all jazzed up for the upcoming - incoming TEq when they finally land ashore

but ,

and however .....?

how come my suggestion box submission , of the totally HOTTER Saudi-Spec 84111-20032 with it's ring around the crescent moon international language logo in

my NOS specimen parts bag below was not re-issued also or instead of 🤔

:idea:

DB4D69F6-0DFF-48C5-BA46-D05BCCF882A6.jpeg

41D161D8-ED2C-45A4-8583-46271EFA2129.jpeg

How exactly do we find a list of parts that are available to use here in the US? I trust you would be fair on pricing these parts just wish it wasn't so complicated finding which parts are available?

View attachment 3171206

Since you seem to have the right ear to listen is there anyway he could be convinced to import 17410-61090 since 1741061051is NLA. Could not see that changing the emissions. Can only figure Toyota ran the exhaust under the frame 1/79-7/80 is because of the extra high temperature in the exhaust created by the CAT. 8/80 Toyota solved the problem by adding a heat shield to the cowl outside the foot well. Not to hard to add a heat shield, especially if you already have one available. Toyota advertises keep your Toyota by using Toyota parts. This would be a good substitute part to do just that.

How exactly do we find a list of parts that are available to use here in the US? I trust you would be fair on pricing these parts just wish it wasn't so complicated finding which parts are available?

Since you seem to have the right ear to listen is there anyway he could be convinced to import 17410-61090 since 1741061051is NLA. Could not see that changing the emissions. Can only figure Toyota ran the exhaust under the frame 1/79-7/80 is because of the extra high temperature in the exhaust created by the CAT. 8/80 Toyota solved the problem by adding a heat shield to the cowl outside the foot well. Not to hard to add a heat shield, especially if you already have one available. Toyota advertises keep your Toyota by using Toyota parts. This would be a good substitute part to do just that.

as of late last week kurt my local Dealer , parts manager , and my commerical HUB rep know notta darn thing at all about how or what ?

there dealer code is 19026

is there a reason , they get a big PHAT Disc. / NLA on the first offering the LH and RH metal 40 rock shields too ?

i asked the both of them to contact CAT ( Central Atlantic TOYOTA PDC and mid Atlantic headquarters in glen Burnie Maryland , the facility i spent my last 2 official years

out of as the Baltimore and Washington parts and service communication liaison dealership ROVER ...or " SHOP COUNTER Parts and Service personal REFFEREEE " back

in 2013-2014 circa .......

i was told there contact , i don't know his titel ? never heard of any such " Heritage Parts Program " but had heard of Gazoo Racing ?

i feel like many among us , what is pretty clear to understand via : GR HERITAGE PARTS | GR | TOYOTA GAZOO Racing - https://toyotagazooracing.com/gr/heritage/

is not when , for me at least , i approach my local dealer i have both worked at and do business with since age 15 , 1990 and get the i have no clue what your talking about reply each time i bring up the topic

they use Dealer Daily as there software main stay , and the TIS network

is there a key word like those they need to access like a Portal to Gazoo or the like ?

this all may sound dumb a bit , but those are the solid facts i have personally had since day 1 till now ?

the heritage gazoo web page lets you add parts to a cart , like my own online store , however ........

the next step what to do with your cart to me at least is simply un-certain ?

thanks for letting me share here .......

kindly
matt

I've not started stocking any of it for re-sell at this point. I want to get the bulk of it here for personal passion/interests and then see which would make sense to retail stateside. Some we already had reasonable solutions such as the 24V lights, t-case flange. Some will make sense to have here, the tail light covers for example. Quality looks great and we bought them in quantity so I'm sure that will end up in our system eventually.

Re: 17410-61090 - Let me look into it.

as of late last week kurt my local Dealer , parts manager , and my commerical HUB rep know notta darn thing at all about how or what ?

there dealer code is 19026

is there a reason , they get a big PHAT Disc. / NLA on the first offering the LH and RH metal 40 rock shields too ?

i asked the both of them to contact CAT ( Central Atlantic TOYOTA PDC and mid Atlantic headquarters in glen Burnie Maryland , the facility i spent my last 2 official years

out of as the Baltimore and Washington parts and service communication liaison dealership ROVER ...or " SHOP COUNTER Parts and Service personal REFFEREEE " back

in 2013-2014 circa .......

i was told there contact , i don't know his titel ? never heard of any such " Heritage Parts Program " but had heard of Gazoo Racing ?

i feel like many among us , what is pretty clear to understand via : GR HERITAGE PARTS | GR | TOYOTA GAZOO Racing - https://toyotagazooracing.com/gr/heritage/

is not when , for me at least , i approach my local dealer i have both worked at and do business with since age 15 , 1990 and get the i have no clue what your talking about reply each time i bring up the topic

they use Dealer Daily as there software main stay , and the TIS network

is there a key word like those they need to access like a Portal to Gazoo or the like ?

this all may sound dumb a bit , but those are the solid facts i have personally had since day 1 till now ?

the heritage gazoo web page lets you add parts to a cart , like my own online store , however ........

the next step what to do with your cart to me at least is simply un-certain ?

thanks for letting me share here .......

kindly
matt

Again, "...not something we'll be ordering at our local dealers, but neat stuff"

I don't personally think we'll see any of these stuff via the US parts system. I'll be in Plano in a few weeks and plan to ask again if the atmosphere allows.

Again, "...not something we'll be ordering at our local dealers, but neat stuff"

I don't personally think we'll see any of these stuff via the US parts system. I'll be in Plano in a few weeks and plan to ask again if the atmosphere allows.

i have faith Kurt ,

i know we are in Benchmark Level Status hands here with you pulling for all the MUST-HAVES here on
MUD , that MUST HAVE , " MUST-HAVES " ........

Untitled9.png

i have faith Kurt ,

i know we are in Benchmark Level Status hands here with you pulling for all the MUST-HAVES here on
MUD , that MUST HAVE , " MUST-HAVES " ........

Don’t get me wrong, I too would love to see the program aimed at US spec or even more LHD. Never say never. Future phases may yield even getter crossover.

how come my suggestion box submission , of the Saudi-Spec 84111-20032 with it's ring around the crescent moon international language logo

I did some checking and the 8/80+ Australian market HJ47 shows having the same knob. Now I'm curious about parts I stripped off a 84 HJ47RV from Australia. One of them was the light switch.

Next year hoping to organized my parts. I know at least four of these boxes have parts off that troopy.
PXL_20221107_214912781.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom