Quality differences between Yoshiwara and Tahara? (1 Viewer)

Where was your 200 made?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2017 Yoshiwara,
Rattles everywhere.

2013, Yoshiwara, 185k miles, other than the passenger headrest zero rattles.

The only things beyond PM were a radiator (105K), one of the horns died, one rear axle bearing, and the headlight sprayers leaking internally, but were fixable.

It does also have an oil weep at the top driver's side of the timing chain cover. I clean it up every 5k OCI and so far it isn't hitting the ground.

No valley plate leak, no flashing CDL.

‘21 HE Yoshiwara.

Too early to tell. All I can say with certainty is the fit, finish, and quality exceeds my KY built Navigator… but that’s a low bar.

'21 HE, Yoshiwara, 81K miles

recently developed an intermitent rattle that sounds like it's in/near passenger footwell or glove box. otherwise, quality is excellent and it's has been remarkably trouble free

Very interesting topic.
I for some reason thought all LCs were built in Yoshiwara.

It got me thinking so I dug through some of my old insurance emails to get the VIN numbers of all the 200s I have owned over the years.
Of the 5 200s I have owned or will own come tomorrow when I pickup my 2018.

3 were built at the Yoshiwara plant These are the 11 LC I still own , the 11 LX I use to own, and the 2018 that I am about to own.
1 was built at the Tahara plant This was one of my 2011 LCs
1 was built at plat X (not sure what X means) This was my 2010 LC

4 = Yoshiwara
5 = Tahara
X= ?????
What would an X mean. My 2010 has an X as the 11th digit a 0 is after that.
X is TMMTX, San Antonio, TX

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 11.47.09 AM.png

My '10 was built in Tahara, coming up on 200 thou, CD player quit working, had to replace module for passenger seat heater, Toyota replaced the valve train on engine driver side bank and the CDL and 4LO actuators are in need of serious work. Other than these and regular maintence issues, its a far better truck than all the Ford/ GM/Jeep stuff I've owned. Mitch

2016 - Yoshiwara - just rolled over 97k.

Changed the radiator at 80k proactively otherwise troublefree.

My 2008 LC is from Tahara. It did have the valley plate leak...190k, no other issues so far.

2011 LX - Yoshiwara

160k Radiator and belt tensioner (pulley started shredding belts due to awkward angle of the tensioner spring) prophylactically a starter.

Just took a trip to the Yoshiwara Plant this afternoon. Not open for tours but the staff was nice enough to show my taxi driver where we could see the 70 and 300 series coming off the assembly line, driven out to the lot and put on car carriers. It was a fun trip for sure but definitely not set up for visitors at this time (all Toyota Factory Tours are still on hold) and the staff asked me not to advertise it as a destination- although they seemed pretty delighted to know that an American Land Cruiser geek would hire a taxi to drive out there from Nagoya with wife and kid in tow. It was a blast to watch the Land Cruisers driving out of the factory one after another.

464FAAF2-27F3-4431-A1EE-12DAE581DA94.png
CEA28E37-A191-4D18-9C3D-06C1084ACD19.png
EE41B515-DB52-44ED-BDB2-08EC11FDA577.png
62866B1B-18A6-4E6D-A98C-7EA0101ED94C.png
A7211FFF-613C-466F-8077-D2236C7CA71B.png
0244E7C3-D35A-400B-B0E4-D3DC825D9262.png

Last edited:
Just took a trip to the Yoshiwara Plant this afternoon. Not open for tours but the staff was nice enough to show my taxi driver where we could see the 70 and 300 series coming off the assembly line, driven out to the lot and put on car carriers. It was a fun trip for sure but definitely not set up for visitors at this time (all Toyota Factory Tours are still on hold) and the staff asked me not to advertise it as a destination- although they seemed pretty delighted to know that an American Land Cruiser geek would hire a taxi to drive out there from Nagoya with wife and kid in tow. It was a blast to watch the Land Cruisers driving out of the factory one after another.

View attachment 3183517View attachment 3183520View attachment 3183518View attachment 3183522View attachment 3183519View attachment 3183521
Go back with a tool kit and some portals and you could clear those bollards with one.

Just saying.

Toyota Auto Body has never been open to public tours.

Last edited:
Toyota Auto Body has never been open to public tours.
Thanks. That’s true, but I’ve been interviewing for an international position under the larger Mr. T umbrella this month and had hoped to get a tour arranged through that connection. The tour offer didn’t come to fruition when I inquired, so I made do. Did you and @OGBeno get a tour there as part of your professional connections?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom