Builds Work In Progress aka: Badass (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made it to NH. No breaks. Had fun. Foliage was awesome. Saw the kid for a few minutes every few hours. He loves the wild aloofness being at the campground allows.

A845C082-BB51-4DA5-A07D-63B385A0E00D.jpeg

B31D468B-2CE1-4455-A04E-C75C7567C5CC.jpeg

6263EBF4-B688-4CEB-8CC2-B402B51F8FE3.jpeg

89FF541C-81F4-4960-9691-5659B2D827C0.jpeg

B801C0AA-DDCB-4ECE-B32C-40F4A9405D69.jpeg

Last edited:
The class VI have become more popular… New England terrain gets harder every year. Field and Forest has become very busy… lots of clubs w/ big wheeling buggy’s.

38D0E2CB-EF00-4D91-A30C-ADEF352AA2A0.jpeg

Sal kept joking around about the Prius stuck in line w/ us… “I’ll bet someone could modify a Prius to wheel…”

6714D4A0-3A3D-499E-A805-1A4F43322961.jpeg

5298EA1C-CF8D-4B45-9025-C1220EBE4013.jpeg

Name of the lake escapes me… same place we stopped for lunch last year.

EDCEE223-7D40-4E3E-99D6-7026CD5AF7BD.jpeg

The near full moon both night was spectacular.

2A5D7C3E-8AAD-4DEA-82A5-2D8B02220149.jpeg

I have little to say… I need to do a valve adjustment and I need to replace my acc plunger because I get a hesitation right off the gas at a full stop. I can push through it tho so not super worried.
Can’t recall which rebuild kit… I think both Napa’s Gates kit at $40 (price in my or O’reilly at $60+ have the leather plunger. Or the dealer if they still have it.
Bueler? Anyone know? I don’t want to flip through my huge thread. @mattressking, Nate, do you know?
A few pics for fun.
Feeding bees even though I really don’t want to be anymore… guilt got the best of me.
EEF503EC-A119-46D9-A7A5-D19BF134B3C5.jpeg

Cute little Isuzu the other day while w/ kid. Sal looks big enough to be the driver these days!
7C608DEC-416A-4A7F-9E9B-D3BA301F7267.jpeg

Honestly? Not even a new engine or 5 speed in that asking price.
0E1C811F-472D-4FF7-B207-6C563CB8AB7F.png

My kids favorite YouTube guy showing off a 60 now in the list of vehicles to run in the Snowrunner Xbox game.
61E5993D-8AD6-479A-A15A-C14617EE5C26.jpeg

Howdy - I use Napco rebuild kits now, if you want I can send you one, it has a leather plunger. Keyster is good but no leather AP like you mentioned. Hygrade is good for the vac secondary’s.

Shoot me a pm if you want one, I have a few.
Leather is defintely the best. I tried the Keyster, and the plastic/rubber fell apart quick and went back to using the original leather.

Leather is defintely the best. I tried the Keyster, and the plastic/rubber fell apart quick and went back to using the original leather
Leather is the only way to go. Soak in 90wt for a few hours prior to install.

Time for a tree.

026348E5-5984-4198-BE56-7FFA3E20C63C.jpeg

4A4D9AF5-5988-4A7E-870E-9B52AEEC82B4.jpeg

Not thrilled. Waiting for a tow 200’ to my house. New Kyosan fuel pump (yes I added the spacer) went kaput. Willing to bet the actuator arm is broken. Is there a difference from 86 to 87 in the part numbers?

IMG_5615.jpeg

IMG_5616.jpeg

Not thrilled. Waiting for a tow 200’ to my house. New Kyosan fuel pump (yes I added the spacer) went kaput. Willing to bet the actuator arm is broken. Is there a difference from 86 to 87 in the part numbers?

View attachment 3381795

View attachment 3381796
I’m pretty certain 86-87 are the same. If I recall the cam is different on the 3F because fuel injection and the fuel pump is different to accommodate the difference.

I’m pretty certain 86-87 are the same. If I recall the cam is different on the 3F because fuel injection and the fuel pump is different to accommodate the difference.
If I pull this pump and the arm is broken I’m going be rippen pissed. It made the same noise a s***ty aftermarket one made years ago. I replaced it with the Kyosan in maybe ‘17 and it checked out a few weeks back.

If I pull this pump and the arm is broken I’m going be rippen pissed. It made the same noise a s***ty aftermarket one made years ago. I replaced it with the Kyosan in maybe ‘17 and it checked out a few weeks back.
The Kyosan is good for 81-87. Replaced my fuel pump few months back.

My 60 died in the garage....only good place to gave it die....hopefully covered by a warranty?

The Kyosan is good for 81-87. Replaced my fuel pump few months back.

My 60 died in the garage....only good place to gave it die....hopefully covered by a warranty?
The pump? Will see. Not sure I’ll trust another Kyosan now. A bit alarming if it did break.

That’s a bummer. I dunno…. Maybe you got unlucky and installed a bad one? I guess we gotta see what the carnage is to say for certain.

The pump? Will see. Not sure I’ll trust another Kyosan now. A bit alarming if it did break.
Now, I’m curious about the pump I have waiting for my rebuild. I forget which one it is…

I won’t be pulling it tonight. Still waiting for tow. Throwing off my evening. Gotta get dog food made. I’ll pull the pump in the AM before work.

You’ll get it sorted. You always do.

Question for you: when you did your rebuild what did you do for a camshaft and lifters? I highly doubt a cam lobe would cause the pump to fail unless it’s been reprofiled such that it caused excessive wear to the pump arm.

I ask because I’m having a hell of a time finding a new cam and I think I’m going to have to salvage the original one.

You’ll get it sorted. You always do.

Question for you: when you did your rebuild what did you do for a camshaft and lifters? I highly doubt a cam lobe would cause the pump to fail unless it’s been reprofiled such that it caused excessive wear to the pump arm.

I ask because I’m having a hell of a time finding a new cam and I think I’m going to have to salvage the original one.
Yeah I used the old one. It was in decent shape. Blanking on the name but I did get one sent to me from Cali someone here on mud but mine was in better shape than his. I simply used Emory tape to smooth down some rough spots from when that cam bearing walked. I measured it w/ my calipers… I didn’t have a mic but compared to the one I was given mine had lots more meat left on it.
Same lifters too. They were in good shape too.
This pump was literally brand new. I only drove the truck across the street in the church lot since install. It acted just like when the aftermarket one blew its arm…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom