Builds 1972 FJ40 FST Restoration (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve seen a lot of cottonmouths, the above description doesn’t fit any of them that I’ve run across. Timber rattlers are shy. Cottonmouths are a different critter all together. But hey the Herptologists can have all of em they want.

When I lived in FL I thought the non-venomous water snakes were pretty ornery. I remember seeing some pretty big Eastern Diamondbacks too. We had a pond in front of the house filled with water moccasins and an alligator, we swam in it all the time. I am lucky I survived that place as a kid.

Sorry, back to pictures of your sweet 40.

72 FST

A57AE9CA-9DB8-42B9-A767-033937DFBC96.jpeg

3EF04C23-6F98-4671-8F13-E7C69068D44F.jpeg

When I lived in FL I thought the non-venomous water snakes were pretty ornery. I remember seeing some pretty big Eastern Diamondbacks too. We had a pond in front of the house filled with water moccasins and an alligator, we swam in it all the time. I am lucky I survived that place as a kid.

Sorry, back to pictures of your sweet 40.
F7BFC87E-0813-4784-A0D5-32CDC6E01F45.jpeg

Gabe. It was fun. Im not an OEM homer but I love to mix and match things that work and still look the part.

To me, a pre 73 truck with no rollbar and big jump seats should just remain topless. They are just dead sexy.

Bucket seats and roll bars look best with the hard top on the truck.

It’s like they are two complete different vehicles to me.

I love pre 68 trucks for the dash…..John has two.

I love the 68-72 for the no roll bar goodness.

He’s set.

And for the 73-78….what better one than the 12/78 John has?

What a collection. A+++

View attachment 3118393
@jomelo has a plane, multiple land cruisers, a restoration expert on retainer, and his own personal artist too? I want to be him in my next life… :)

Thank you!

Thank you!
My wife contacted them and was told they are not doing Landcruisers anymore. Was looking for one of the posters of the varieties like they show for the Bronco. Said they can do custom jobs is all.

I have decided to list the truck for sale. Nothing wrong it - maybe something wrong with me. I just have too many cruisers and not nearly enough time to devote to them.

Anyone got any leads on a FST top? A source to make one? Anything?

I would really like to actually put this setup on the truck minus the doors. I tried working with the woman in SC last year but that didn’t work out and it sounds like a lot of people had their money taken and no tops produced.

460805B9-B4A4-4BFE-BF4F-FA706E48386F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom