fj40 5.3 swap exhaust with stock box ? oil pan rad hose ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what stock manifolds fit with stock location box with a 5.3 swap ?

or what headers ? prefer stock manifolds on this build though.

i searched but couldnt find with a stock steering box.

hose recommendations for stock rad to 5.3 ls ?

anyone made stock truck oil pan work for 2.5 inch lift ? or have
to go H3 or f body pan.

thank you

Bringing this back up for 2022. What is the go to set up? I have seen Hooker/Summit manifolds, center dump headers. What is everyone using and do you like it? I hate thin collectors that blow gaskets every other week. I want a good tight seal that will last.

This will be going on a GM LS 6.0 in a FJ40 mated to a H55f. I have seen what some people have used but do they work? Would you use something different.?

Thanks,
Rob

Mine is technically an LT but it looks like an LS. It’s an L83 GenV. I’m using Hooker swap manifolds. I tried the Summit manifolds but they dumped right in the middle of my frame rails. The Hooker manifolds dump relatively vertical within the frame rails.

A5C1755A-71C6-400A-A89F-92D9EC3277C5.jpeg

01722032-5849-42F8-A76E-7DA919FF3DFF.jpeg

I used a camaro pan and a camaro driver side manifold , I have a ls with a sm420 and I believe my set up would clear an oem steer box. As far as hoses go I used an oem radiator, custom shroud and found hoses by looking thru the rack at oriellys. JagsThatRun makes an inline piece for the steam vent hose that goes into the upper radiator hose. IIRC had to use a reducer found at Napa to get good seal, don't remeber which connection needed it tho, thermo neck IIRC to size it to match lower hose coming off radiator.

Thanks guys. I ordered the oil pan above yesterday. I pulled the tbi 350 out to install the LS. Here is the build thread:

During my now many years of retirement I have not kept up with the Sanderson Headers, but back in the day they made Block Huggers and Ultra Block Huggers. Most block huggers on market stuck out 4-5" from cylinder head, ultra block huggers only stuck out 3 -3.5" from head- - -really don't know what they are making now days.

Thanks guys. I ordered the oil pan above yesterday. I pulled the tbi 350 out to install the LS. Here is the build thread:

I just read through your build thread and holy A.D.D. Batman!!!
How do you keep everything straight, you have a lot going on! 😂
During my now many years of retirement I have not kept up with the Sanderson Headers, but back in the day they made Block Huggers and Ultra Block Huggers. Most block huggers on market stuck out 4-5" from cylinder head, ultra block huggers only stuck out 3 -3.5" from head- - -really don't know what they are making now days.
Jim,

Here is a photo of Sanderson’s shorty headers, they fit pretty tight to the block and provide plenty of frame and steering shaft clearance.

F992B58B-D5C6-4346-92BD-05D948907B7B.jpeg

FEDED2C5-E2A7-4AB7-931E-F82F6D5FFFBC.jpeg

I just read through your build thread and holy A.D.D. Batman!!!
How do you keep everything straight, you have a lot going on! 😂
I have a lot going on. Too many puzzles and too many pieces to the puzzles! I need to start putting them together!

what stock manifolds fit with stock location box with a 5.3 swap ?

or what headers ? prefer stock manifolds on this build though.

i searched but couldnt find with a stock steering box.

hose recommendations for stock rad to 5.3 ls ?

anyone made stock truck oil pan work for 2.5 inch lift ? or have
to go H3 or f body pan.

thank you
Camaro 2 bolt headers - i ceramic coated mine. Oem part. You need to buy the eBay flanges for the exhaust side

Hookers are great but Chinese casting.

My stock truck oil pan fit with zero problems.

Camaro 2 bolt headers - i ceramic coated mine. Oem part. You need to buy the eBay flanges for the exhaust side

Hookers are great but Chinese casting.

My stock truck oil pan fit with zero problems.
Got a pic?

Curious as to year as well ?, my camaro manifold driver side has the flange under the 3rd cyl where thats a rear dump.

2010 year range. M
You need these and ac delco gaskets.

Little hi-jack , i consider swaping my tpi 350 for a LS 5.3
For those that keep the manual trans , are you using some kind of vss or not ?
The 5.3 will need a 40 pulse VSS, if you have the 10 spline transfer-case I have the VSS you will need (see my ebay #255772114242). If you have the 16 or 19 spline transfer-case you will have to get the similar item from Stealth Conversions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom