Jackass 55 Chronicles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They're not really "production" ready and not high enough quality that I'd feel comfortable taking money for them.

I've given stuff away on this forum for the cost of shipping, just to have the recipient bitch about what they received, then ended up covering the shipping cost... :rolleyes: .
Hopefully that is a very very small number of people, especially in this forum...

You wont find me complaining about all the energy that comes from this groups efforts to keep or hobby alive.

I thank all that make even the slightest effort to supply us with parts.

I've given stuff away on this forum for the cost of shipping, just to have the recipient bitch about what they received, then ended up covering the shipping cost... :rolleyes: .
Are you kidding me? That is un-sat!

We should chip in and send them a bag of d**ks...

Are you kidding me? That is un-sat!

We should chip in and send them a bag of d**ks...

They're not really "production" ready and not high enough quality that I'd feel comfortable taking money for them.

Send me any Land Cruiser parts you want to for "Free" and I promise not to complain!!!!

I was trying to keep my 55 from rotting by driving it a couple times a month, also trying to keep the City Code Official from tagging it for towing by moving it every week or so as we've had some new neighbors in the hood that don't seem to appreciate that my vehicles don't move often enough...anywho...this winter seems to have been hard on my battery and need to replace it.

I swear I just got this battery a few years ago at my local NAPA, Legend 75 Group 24 (I think a 24F is what I should have in there though), turns out the date code (found on the side as the 'scratch-off' dates were almost all scratched off) is September/'08...which I think is about 2X 75 months or almost 15 years. Don't think I'll get anything out of the warranty.

New batteries have gone up appreciably since I last purchased one, $189.99 with core for a basic replacement with a 2-year warranty.

Debating if I should continue to jump-start myself with my new jump-pack until prices come down, or just bite the bullet and get a new one. She seems to start for me every other time...esp. when warm out. I have one other dead battery in the garage. Probably use that one as a core and keep this one as my spare.

I was trying to keep my 55 from rotting by driving it a couple times a month, also trying to keep the City Code Official from tagging it for towing by moving it every week or so as we've had some new neighbors in the hood that don't seem to appreciate that my vehicles don't move often enough...anywho...this winter seems to have been hard on my battery and need to replace it.

I swear I just got this battery a few years ago at my local NAPA, Legend 75 Group 24 (I think a 24F is what I should have in there though), turns out the date code (found on the side as the 'scratch-off' dates were almost all scratched off) is September/'08...which I think is about 2X 75 months or almost 15 years. Don't think I'll get anything out of the warranty.

New batteries have gone up appreciably since I last purchased one, $189.99 with core for a basic replacement with a 2-year warranty.

Debating if I should continue to jump-start myself with my new jump-pack until prices come down, or just bite the bullet and get a new one. She seems to start for me every other time...esp. when warm out. I have one other dead battery in the garage. Probably use that one as a core and keep this one as my spare.
You can get a Walmart battery for 150.00 it’s a lifetime warrant..

I’m brutal on batteries, not charging the sitting ones often enough, I’m lucky to get 5 years if not in the daily drivers.
I like Bob’s swap idea, just keep one on the charger and rotate

Broke down and bought a new battery last night. Kept the old one and put it on the charger in the garage, but doubt it will hold. I had to jump start myself leaving work and when I got home, shut it down, tried to re-start and nothing...hope I get 15 years out of this one, but I doubt it.

And just 'cause...already shared this pic in another thread, but here it is again. Drove up to the local ski hill on Sunday. Haven't taken this up there in a few years. Got a few thumbs-up and waves. Guy who parked next to me at the end of the day said "Now there's an old-timer" and I thought 'speak for yourself you old gray-hair' then realized he was talking abut the 55 and not me.

IMG_20230129_080359249.jpg

Broke down and bought a new battery last night. Kept the old one and put it on the charger in the garage, but doubt it will hold. I had to jump start myself leaving work and when I got home, shut it down, tried to re-start and nothing...hope I get 15 years out of this one, but I doubt it.

And just 'cause...already shared this pic in another thread, but here it is again. Drove up to the local ski hill on Sunday. Haven't taken this up there in a few years. Got a few thumbs-up and waves. Guy who parked next to me at the end of the day said "Now there's an old-timer" and I thought 'speak for yourself you old gray-hair' then realized he was talking abut the 55 and not me.

View attachment 3234813
What did you end up buying?

Same one I had before, NAPA Legend. I tried the 'economy' Interstate batteries from Costco on my Troopy (24v, so I had to buy two at once) before and they didn't last at all. Had to warranty one shortly after purchase, then the other one crapped out right at the warranty period. I'm not sure if the Walmart battery would be the same quality or not, seems like they have to sacrifice something to sell stuff as cheap as they do. NAPA is close to my house (short bike ride) and it's a trip to go to Walmart.

Took my upper driver's side door hinge off to change out the pin. Bought a universal kit from NAPA, with the intention of 'making it fit', then realized that the bushing are similar, if not the same, as some other bushings I had in my parts stash. So I just put the old brittle stashed bushings in and will order up some new ones next time I make a parts order.

Supporting the door with the crane.
IMG_20230923_131622735.jpg

Had to remove this panel to access the hinge.
IMG_20230923_122419297.jpg

Got some rust to deal with...surprise, surprise (not really)
IMG_20230923_124016105.jpg

Beat the pin out with a BFH, need to buy one of these before I do the rest of the hinges.
IMG_20230923_134110504.jpg

And in pieces with 'donor' bushings shown in the upper left of the pic. Not sure what part that is from, 100% sure its a cruiser part of some kind though.
IMG_20230923_134339304.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom