Cross country expedition part deux or whatever (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well Alan aka Josie's Cruisers has taken the case to Utah from Seattle and successfully passed it to Kurt. Maybe Alan can check in about the trail he took and give us a post. Meanwhile Kurt has taken it to Baja. Maybe he will check in as well.
Updates to follow.

Well Alan aka Josie's Cruisers has taken the case to Utah from Seattle and successfully passed it to Kurt. Maybe Alan can check in about the trail he took and give us a post. Meanwhile Kurt has taken it to Baja. Maybe he will check in as well.
Updates to follow.

It made it to Baja, got it's photo taken with the 2022 Baja 1000 Stock Full Champion (200 Series Land Cruiser) and made it home to Plano, TX with a Toyota HQ employee, major Cruiserhead and Canguro team member. I'll post some pics as a follow-up to Alan.

Cool to see this happening again! I was part of the original trip and I designed the stickers! Still looking for the payment from people for those 😂

I think there was a plan and a lot of coordination - but still needed flexibility to make it happen. Seems like it is already past me but I’m open for some driving… :)

Cool to see this happening again! I was part of the original trip and I designed the stickers! Still looking for the payment from people for those 😂

I think there was a plan and a lot of coordination - but still needed flexibility to make it happen. Seems like it is already past me but I’m open for some driving… :)
I'm still rocking the first sticker. If I had saved a few I would mail you one of the new ones

It made it to Baja, got it's photo taken with the 2022 Baja 1000 Stock Full Champion (200 Series Land Cruiser) and made it home to Plano, TX with a Toyota HQ employee, major Cruiserhead and Canguro team member. I'll post some pics as a follow-up to Alan.
Did you get the map? It looks like it is trailing the case. Make sure you trace your route on it before sending it out.
Thanks again

Did you get the map? It looks like it is trailing the case. Make sure you trace your route on it before sending it out.
Thanks again

Not yet. I'll toss my route on there and then forward to Will C in Texas to do the same and reunite it with the case.

I'm still rocking the first sticker. If I had saved a few I would mail you one of the new ones
I might have saved one for myself lol.

105C0F67-9968-4B57-BCF4-1E0013398B7C.jpeg

Well maybe Will C in Plano can find a ride towards Key West?

Looking to see if Will C in Plano has found a ride to Key West or at least in that direction?
Any updates? Pictures?

Looking to see if Will C in Plano has found a ride to Key West or at least in that direction?

Nothing I've seen. Anyone in the Plano, Texas area able to start heading east with it?

Any updates? Pictures?

Baja 😎

20221120_002823.jpg

20221120_002829.jpg

20221120_080321.jpg

That is Koyari-San, the Chief Engineer of the LC200 and late model 7x Series. He's a total Cruiserhead and was pumped to get a sticker (I'll cover his fee :D)

What about up through the Prairies - I know there was interest in fly-over-country to partake. Salt keeps us off this time of year - but a handful of consecutive dry days - don't see why not. For me specifically, my headlights don't work and I need to figure that before I will venture real far. It is 9 hrs to Plano from here - willing to go get it, once I think my rig is good enough (or I have enough spare parts and/or firewood to take with me). Realistic for me?? end of Jan - or so??? And not saying hold the show for me since I can't commit to today or tomorrow.

Could go, do a hand off in Des Moines to a someone who posted in this thread- then on to Ohio then down?

What about up through the Prairies - I know there was interest in fly-over-country to partake. Salt keeps us off this time of year - but a handful of consecutive dry days - don't see why not. For me specifically, my headlights don't work and I need to figure that before I will venture real far. It is 9 hrs to Plano from here - willing to go get it, once I think my rig is good enough (or I have enough spare parts and/or firewood to take with me). Realistic for me?? end of Jan - or so??? And not saying hold the show for me since I can't commit to today or tomorrow.

Could go, do a hand off in Des Moines to a someone who posted in this thread- then on to Ohio then down?
Heck, it's the destination not the route. It could feasibly go to New England before it hits Key West. That would look much cooler on the map, wherever it is. Maybe someone can help get it in your direction?

Heck, it's the destination not the route. It could feasibly go to New England before it hits Key West. That would look much cooler on the map, wherever it is. Maybe someone can help get it in your direction?
I would even do another leg in New England - I plan on going to the Pilgrimage out there (was the perfect New England fall for 2022 event - sans my rig - I saw and met about seven FJ40 there - (Event Overview 2023 - The Pilgrimage Overland - https://the-pilgrimage.com/event-overview-2023/) - maybe a place to hand off or meet???

I'm still in shakedown mode but determined to complete it quick as I can.

ok, the Fla leg would prob be solid,based on the participation from the first rally--with my newly o'hauled engine, I could prob still make the same trip up to Ga and back down to Ft. Myers, Fl. from there, would prob need to hand off to Naples or Miami folks--any connects?

ok, the Fla leg would prob be solid,based on the participation from the first rally--with my newly o'hauled engine, I could prob still make the same trip up to Ga and back down to Ft. Myers, Fl. from there, would prob need to hand off to Naples or Miami folks--any connects?
Let's see if we can get it out of Texas and headed east?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom