SDI E-CLIK active suspension - what wizardry is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So far totally love the system.

It's by no means necessary, but I can't think of a better use case than a tall, top-heavy rig that experiences wildly different weight loads and driving terrains.... and also used as a family expedition rig where the more comfortable the wife and kids are, the less complaints I get and the further/faster I can go!

A few of my typical uses include:

- Driving on the road, rig is way less wallowy. Less body roll, braking dive, etc., on winding roads while still remaining compliant over bumps. I'd say can drive 20% faster on winding roads with same comfort/control level.
- Bombing fast through desert, the suspension is still soft but tightens up on big hits and kind of auto-levels the rig. Almost feels like a plane flying or magic carpet ride. When you come up too fast on a wash or rut you can hit compression override switch for instant full compression damping and just float over the obstacle without big bottom out or aftershocks.
- When crawling slow over super bumpy terrain can go full soft on compression and get a nice squishy, comfortable ride.
- When loading up heavy for a long trip can adjust rear weight bias from the cab.
- Random side benefit: I just ripped my rear swaybar off in the Mojave. The 7 hour drive home would have been way more of a hassle without the SDI system replicating a lot of the anti-sway of the swaybar that was riding home in the back of a friend's truck!

Man. If I didn't just go full MRR, I would give this a hard look. Thanks for taking the plunge and updating us.

We have this on one of our F250 chase trucks with a Carli lift and it rides awesome. We did have one leak, which they fixed promptly.

EDIT: just searched on their site.. I see a video where they swapped existing King resis for their universal resis.. maybe this is a cost-effective/simple way to upgrade the MRR shocks?

Having sway control and loaded/unloaded modes is very appealing.

Last edited:
Man. If I didn't just go full MRR, I would give this a hard look. Thanks for taking the plunge and updating us.

We have this on one of our F250 chase trucks with a Carli lift and it rides awesome. We did have one leak, which they fixed promptly.

EDIT: just searched on their site.. I see a video where they swapped existing King resis for their universal resis.. maybe this is a cost-effective/simple way to upgrade the MRR shocks?

Having sway control and loaded/unloaded modes is very appealing.
Yeah, mine are just Icon 2.5"s with SDI resis. I had SDI swap them on but any shop or person could do it I guess.

They were just excited to do mine since it was a first and they wanted to experiment a bit.

Yeah, mine are just Icon 2.5"s with SDI resis. I had SDI swap them on but any shop or person could do it I guess.

They were just excited to do mine since it was a first and they wanted to experiment a bit.

How do you like the range of adjustment? Hard to get a universal system "right" I would guess. But still have base valving the same I suppose.

Man, I don't know how I never saw this thread??? I probably really didn't need to see this to continue the money pit but my MRR's are feeling way soft and I was looking at a re-valve anyway, now I need to dig into this more. Thanks, I think, LOL.....

How do you like the range of adjustment? Hard to get a universal system "right" I would guess. But still have base valving the same I suppose.
I think Icon
If you like your valving just throw the SDI on. My rear rebound was always very soft on the Icons and I had SDI play with the shim stack when they had it apart. They bumped the baseline compression a bit too at my direction in the rear and I think at the front.

One thing learned from experience though, is that with the active valves, you can run the baseline compression a lot softer since the system will respond dynamically when needed - and then you have the full compression trigger button as well on top of that. So you can have way more cushion/compliance, and the SDI active system takes out the wallow and bottoming you'd normally experience with those static settings.

20/20 hindsight... or next time I have them apart, I'd probably go 15-20% lighter on baseline compression.

I think Icon

If you like your valving just throw the SDI on. My rear rebound was always very soft on the Icons and I had SDI play with the shim stack when they had it apart. They bumped the baseline compression a bit too at my direction in the rear and I think at the front.

One thing learned from experience though, is that with the active valves, you can run the baseline compression a lot softer since the system will respond dynamically when needed - and then you have the full compression trigger button as well on top of that. So you can have way more cushion/compliance, and the SDI active system takes out the wallow and bottoming you'd normally experience with those static settings.

20/20 hindsight... or next time I have them apart, I'd probably go 15-20% lighter on baseline compression.

Thanks for that. So I could probably leave the MRRs alone and just swap the resi's.

Thanks for that. So I could probably leave the MRRs alone and just swap the resi's.
Yeah, I'd think so. But check in with the SDI guys. They're super helpful and awesome to work with. Seem pretty eager to help on projects and gather info for crossover applications that can help expand their market reach.

I had the opportunity to view your truck last Thursday, Jan 26th, when we gathered at Faultine Brewery in Sunnyvale, CA. There is so much going on, that it is a gearhead, tinkerer, gadget-hound's dream. Your innovations

I have a '97 LX450 with the Slee HD 4" lift and the Whiteline HD rear sway-bar. I run 315/75r16 BFG ATs on the stock rims. Dampening is OME HD shocks. The sway-bar is two years old now, but I've been running this way since 2008 on the truck.

Everything has been fine until I mounted the Alu-Cab v3.0 RTT. Now, things are a bit sketchy on the trail :)

I'd would love to have this system in my rig!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom