What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm retired, plus I sold my home during the COVID real estate boom. I struggled on the idea of spending money on a second LC, but the deal was too good to pass up, especially with trading in another vehicle that I couldn't sell privately. A second LC is better than the money in the bank that is becoming more worthless everyday.
I’m more interested in what allowed you to travel so much.

51862.jpeg

I’m more interested in what allowed you to travel so much.
Since you asked, I have to tell a funny story. I have multiple stuck/recovery stories, but this is kind of a funny one and didn't involve any effort on my part, except wasting my time, and someone else's money.

IMG_20180815_154313526_HDR.jpg

I had already retired, but agreed to come back to do some part time work. Since I didn't have a company vehicle assigned to me anymore, I had to rent a 4X4 truck, as I didn't want to tear up the tires on my personal vehicle.

Day before I got a flat from a sharp rock puncturing the tire coming down off a mountain site. Rental car company wouldn't authorize me getting the tire repaired locally (Salida, Colorado), and said you can continue driving it as is.

Going up to the above pictured site, over 12K feet above Leadville, Colorado. I get another punctured tire. Two cans of fix-a-flat do nothing for it. No cell service available, so I had to drive back down about 7-miles before I could get cell service and call a tow truck.

IMG_20180815_202626822.jpg

That was a Goodyear Wrangler AT Kevlar reinforced tire. I'm surprised the rim didn't have more damage as it was a pretty nasty trail down. Lots of full articulation, and some scraping underneath.

Good thing I had full coverage insurance.

Last edited:
I ordered the Nokian Outpost AT in LT275/65-18.
I'll be really curious as to how these work for you. Please keep us updated. Our prior experience with Nokian road tires have been exceptional.

I'm in Colorado too, but the Front Range. I'm super happy with my bilstein 6112/5160 combo. Currently I haven't lifted the truck, just used them to level it out. You can get a 2" lift out of them pretty easily tho. I've got a Rhino front bumper sitting in my basement right now, currently undecided if I'm going to put it on or not...
im glad to see that I'm not the only one that purchases stuff prior to deciding whether to install.

im glad to see that I'm not the only one that purchases stuff prior to deciding whether to install.
lol. Part of it is the 200 is my sole winter driver, so I don't want to start the installation and then run into a snag midway thru...

Got my new headlights from Teq Customs installed yesterday. Took advantage of the huge Toyota parts sale back in the spring to get new OEM housings, sat on them while trying to decide what I wanted to do. Sent them to Teq in August and got back a couple of weeks ago. Bi-led projectors with Apollo 2.0 shrouds, and upgraded all of the other bulbs in the housings to LEDs. Still need to get some output shots but the difference is incredible with a great cutoff. Install was a straight plug in play to the factory harness.

1E25F144-5983-4685-987F-A46FF3E7E472.jpeg

2357CCE3-D362-4E2D-8717-868949A7117F.jpeg

A6E772ED-5981-4EA0-9996-70C19EE4705C.jpeg

Last edited:
Shoot I have tires and an engine for a future vehicle project I don’t even have. I just have them in hopes one day I’ll have that project 🤪

My kind of guy lol. I need you to tell my wife that this kind of activity is totally normal and acceptable.

You tell your wife? I hide the parts at the shop 🤣

It's hard to hide any purchases when you're married to a forensic accountant lol. I swear she knows what and how much I am going to spend before I even know myself sometimes lol.

It's hard to hide any purchases when you're married to a forensic accountant lol. I swear she knows what and how much I am going to spend before I even know myself sometimes lol.
I think your wife must know my wife. Probably took the same accounting class for future husbands. God love her but if she could squeeze out a penny she would. Granted she can keep shipping companies busy with incoming packages from Amazon like a pro. :deadhorse:

My kind of guy lol. I need you to tell my wife that this kind of activity is totally normal and acceptable.
I'll happily send you a photo of my garage...boxes on boxes of uninstalled gear for 4 different vehicles. They'll give up eventually, just keep on accidentally bringing new things home

I think your wife must know my wife. Probably took the same accounting class for future husbands. God love her but if she could squeeze out a penny she would. Granted she can keep shipping companies busy with incoming packages from Amazon like a pro. :deadhorse:

I jokingly gave my wife the nickname "Mitzi" because she's so tight with money lol. No offense to any Jewish folk on here, all in good fun.

I jokingly gave my wife the nickname "Mitzi" because she's so tight with money lol. No offense to any Jewish folk on here, all in good fun.
LoL! No offense, I’m a Jew for Jesus convert. The funny thing is, my wife who is not a Jew makes me look like the frivolous spender. It’s hilarious when I say a kind of money related Jew joke and my wife acts a little offended. If you can’t make fun of yourself, who can :D Fyi, you’re not wrong and Mitzi is a good call. May have to use that name for my wife :rofl:

Did an oil change today. I think this is my 4th time doing it on my 200, which is also the first vehicle I've owned from this century.

For the love of god, what is the deal with the new style filter? I hate using the stupid little plastic thing to drain the filter. I hate the socket to unscrew the filter housing. Oil gets everywhere no matter what. Why couldn't they use a regular filter -- housing and element all in one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom