What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Or use OEM bolts when I need a replacement
Well yeah, there's obviously a huge difference between fasteners with the same rating. Just like there's a huge difference between two identical handbags with different brands... Or so my wife tells me.

So, if the diffs are coming apart to install lockers (I’m leaning toward ARBs), do I have them reuse the stock ring and pinion, and do the both transfer case gears, or change gearing to 4.88 and only do the low range transfer case gear?
If you plan on rock crawling, like Rubicon, slick rock, barret lake, Johnson Valley. Where you need control while in low. I would do the transfer case.

Well, if you were paying attention here, you would notice that someone else has already laid these out in CAD and advised that they will publish the CAD file if requested.
I am paying attention and I've already reached out to see if he's willing to sell the CAD files. After doing a bunch of leg work for him over about a week to work out a trade, he completely flaked. So, that's why I'm making my own now. But, thanks for assuming I haven't. If you want me to put him on blast and call him out, I can do that also to let you know I've been paying attention.

Edit: to be clear, when I was trying to get the CAD files, it was to make the publicly available to the forum, not just for my own personal use.

Last edited:
I'm paying attention now! Want to PM me?

Also, how about getting the leather trim and cushion materials off the old cards and onto the new ones?
Applying a little bit of heat with a heat gun while removing the material where it is glued to the door cards will help prevent any material separation or tears while removing it from the old door cards. Not a guarantee, but it'll help.

Repainted my front bumper. Went pretty well. Going to cut / buff the peal out. Most likely slapping an Ironman on it in the spring like my 100 but still wanted to spruce it up for giggles.

2B5EDBE5-ADAF-4DAD-963D-56D5BFB44469.jpeg
D545CC86-C903-4A68-82B4-F2CB08CD3550.jpeg

Last edited:
I am paying attention and I've already reached out to see if he's willing to sell the CAD files. After doing a bunch of leg work for him over about a week to work out a trade, he completely flaked. So, that's why I'm making my own now. But, thanks for assuming I haven't. If you want me to put him on blast and call him out, I can do that also to let you know I've been paying attention.

Edit: to be clear, when I was trying to get the CAD files, it was to make the publicly available to the forum, not just for my own personal use.
Well that's great that you took the time to do that. Unfortunately, I missed your reference that you checked on the forum and someone chose to not share.

Not saying you should call anyone out unless you feel necessary.

If he didn't stand up for his statement then he shouldn't state such things.

Thanks for following up.

V2.0 coming along nicely, .050” titanium to be bonded on the inside for the rivnuts to bite onto, extra added strength is a benefit.

Mold manufacturing starts next week😉

C6CD6D77-CEC2-4C1C-A028-29F1DAA54236.jpeg

7637C57C-5B34-4A90-9D0D-5507CCC4EE3E.jpeg

V2.0 coming along nicely, .050” titanium to be bonded on the inside for the rivnuts to bite onto, extra added strength is a benefit.

Mold manufacturing starts next week😉

That fits Landcruiser perfectly...

Then they're the vocal majority
That cracked me up 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom