LX470 H1 LED Bulb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello

I was in search of an LED bulb for my 2006 Lexus LX470. I found it, and it is awesome. You will need to buy H1 Led bulbs and new dustcaps. This is what I bought from Amazon. It does not require any kind of cutting or flickering devices. I just hope the bulbs last.

H1 Led Bulb: (HIKARI 2020, H1 LED Headlight Bulbs)
Amazon product ASIN B07XKSWSF6
Dust Caps: Car Rover Headlight Seal
Amazon product ASIN B076Q9D52Z
See pictures

thumbnail_IMG_6361.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6362.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6365.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6366.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6369.jpg

Edited:
Hi @baynam Welcome to the 100 Forum and hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!
Would you post a pic of the beam pattern on a wall or garage door please? (looks REALLY glaring from those front pics) Thanks!
As far as LED's in a LX470 with Factory Projector Lenses, the consensus here is that they don't work well in the LX and should be avoided.

Here's a couple threads with really good info and pics of the beam pattern
(you definitely want that "cut off" at the top to keep from blinding people on the road)

I chose to keep my lights stock and just got the best Halogen's that are DOT approved.
Again, Welcome and hope you enjoy your rig as much as we enjoy ours.
Cheers!

pic below courtesy of @Luke111 using his HID conversion and mad skills :)
1606572442818.png

Last edited:
Yikes, I see this time and time again, LEDs in projector housings. They just don't match and give off an insane amount of glare for oncoming traffic. I also hate LEDs because the beam gets lost whenever the road is wet.

Hope we never meet coming down the road.

The light output looks pretty good.
Can you take a pic from farther away.

Here is a picture of the beam pattern. It looks good, the Hikari 2020 H1 LED bulbs are DOT Compliant and Street Legal.

View attachment 2510693
thanks for the pic, I'd be interested to hear your experience in the rain at night. Have heard that led's can be washed out or lose power to cut through rain.
Here is a picture of the beam pattern. It looks good, the Hikari 2020 H1 LED bulbs are DOT Compliant and Street Legal.

View attachment 2510693
Interesting, I may just have to try a set for myself. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I bought these based on another user's experience and photos showing a clean cutoff. Forget who originally posted these:

Amazon product ASIN B07HWVDTBN
I have the same cutoff on my LED's that you posted, and have personally driven (in other vehicles) in front of and head-on and don't experience any visibility/LED glare issues. One thing I did was zip-tied the bulb once set in place so that it wouldn't move and would hold its cutoff placement. Haven't noticed negative side affects due to weather or anything, and keep them on 24/7 since I disabled my DRLs due to having an LED high beam.

LED's get a lot of hate around here...I'm guessing due to the lack of awareness around LED technology and its advancement over the past few years. There's definitely room for user error as well, especially if you don't check your cutoff and adjust as needed. HID upgrade is likely in my future.

I find these to be NOTHING compared to the annoying LED's you'll find on F150's/maybe some other trucks that are absolutely blinding ( didn't spend much time finding an example)

Hello

I was in search of an LED bulb for my 2006 Lexus LX470. I found it, and it is awesome. You will need to buy H1 Led bulbs and new dustcaps. This is what I bought from Amazon. It does not require any kind of cutting or flickering devices. I just hope the bulbs last.

H1 Led Bulb: (HIKARI 2020, H1 LED Headlight Bulbs)
Amazon product ASIN B07XKSWSF6
Dust Caps: Car Rover Headlight Seal
Amazon product ASIN B076Q9D52Z
See pictures

View attachment 2508351

View attachment 2508352

View attachment 2508353

View attachment 2508354

View attachment 2508355
How did they hold up?

Don't know about those, but the LED fog bulbs I bought for my LX looked good but they didn't produce really any light. The incandescent is way better.
I'm having a similar experience with my Auxito LED bulbs in aftermarket projectors. Nighttime mountain driving with the high beams in heavy use, and I added Ironman trail lights to the front bumper for good measure. Not sure what the solution is besides the full HID/housing conversion?

What has prevented me from playing with LEDs in my LX projectors, is a concern over “putting the LED in the right spot to focus the light, the same as an incandescent light”, and my experience of trying to find a duck blind, at 5am, with two (nearly) identical flashlights. Searching for the duck blind, a LED (converted) Surefire 6P put out a metric s***-ton of unfocused light, it seemed “super bright”, but was near impossible to find the blind. The incandescent equivalent, didn’t seem nearly as bright as the LED, but was able to locate the blind, with focused light, much faster/easier.

Has someone finally been able to “put the LED in the ‘right spot’ to focus the light correctly, for a projector expecting a H1 incandescent bulb” or is this more “scattered near light, that makes it seem brighter”?

Last edited:
What has prevented me from playing with LEDs in my LX projectors, is a concern over “putting the LED in the right spot to focus the light, the same as an incandescent light”, and my experience of trying to find a duck blind, at 5am, with two (nearly) identical flashlights. Searching for the duck blind, a LED (converted) Surefire 6P put out a metric s***-ton of unfocused light, it seemed “super bright”, but was near impossible to find the blind. The incandescent equivalent, didn’t seem nearly as bright as the LED, but was able to locate the blind, with focused light, much faster/easier.

Has someone finally been able to “put the LED in the ‘right spot’ to focus the light correctly, for a projector expecting a H1 incandescent bulb” or is this more “scattered near light, that makes it seem brighter”?
?? I think you're overthinking it. The LED bulbs whether Hikari or other brands are $60 for the pair. Put them in, adjust the level using the factory headlight leveling and you're good to go. If you don't like them then reverse and return. E Z. i'm telling you, the LED blubs in the LX projector factory housing focuses the light more than fine. I have an RX350 and it's brighter than the stock HIDs in that

?? I think you're overthinking it. The LED bulbs whether Hikari or other brands are $60 for the pair. Put them in, adjust the level using the factory headlight leveling and you're good to go. If you don't like them then reverse and return. E Z. i'm telling you, the LED blubs in the LX projector factory housing focuses the light more than fine. I have an RX350 and it's brighter than the stock HIDs in that
From my anecdotal experience above, what initially appears to be “whiter”, “brighter” light, from shoving an LED into a reflector/projector designed for an incandescent bulb, in actual practice it’s not always more useful light. I’m probably more interested in a LED/HID projector retrofit, that matches the bulb to the lens/focal length.

Sounds good, to each his/her own. I will say that I am amazed at how far and cheap lighting tech as come in the past 15 years.

I just put the best halogen bulbs I could in (based on input from Daniel Stern) and have zero regrets.

Tungsram +120 55w for H1 low beam
Toshiba HIR1 65w for high beam
Flosser 55w H3 Selective Yellow for fogs

This setup works great until I can find money to throw away on a SC430 retrofit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom