1997 LX450 driver seat bumps forward and backward (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive noticed my driver seat will "bump" forward or backward slightly when braking and accelerating from a stop.
It moves only slightly, probably 1/8".
The only maintenance Ive done is replace the plastic screw cover/p;ug on the front seat slide housing.
Any ideas of how to tighten up this slack movement?
Thanks Matthew

You might need to take the seat out and inspect the underside. Perhaps the bracket attaching the slider to the threaded drive mechanism is loose. Check the tightness of the two bolts on both sides holding it down, as seen in attached photo. That’s all I can think of.

7E520DFE-C7EE-4044-A4A1-C99A2B7A2915.jpeg

I just went through this with my LX450. Seat would move forward and back while driving. I pulled the seat and tightened the two bolts shown by the arrows. I may have tightened more than I should have but it solved the problem.

1664994205044.png

In addition to tightening the screw drive bracket bolts (left/right). Which could be the root cause.

Or.

The screw drive nut inside the bracket (blue scribble) can move back and forth. You can shim the screw drive nut with nylon or rubber washers eliminate the back and forth movement. just make sure both sides have the same number of shims.

1665889815233.png

Ok. Life slowed down for a minute this Sunday and I was able to get a little bit of work done.

Found a video

Gamiviti cap and gear install.

I did exactly what he shows to replace and lubricate the gears and threads.

He describes the short shift back and forth as I mentioned prior.
His fix was to pull a small amount of tension on the tracks and tighten the screw drive bracket bolts.
Worked like a charm!!

I used a bit of marine grease as it’s what I had on hand. Would not recommend as the aroma is obvious.

When I find another free afternoon I plan to pull them out again, clean the grease off and use a more benign lubricant. Otherwise very pleased with Gamiviti gears and replacement.

Couple of pics after recovering first and second row with Lseat covers.
Read a few comments which were disappointed with durability so we will see.

Now…to work out some electrical gremlins.

EAD3A00B-90A6-4C0D-951C-275B77BDF2F5.jpeg

E7FF9EBD-967F-4EA0-8141-8A08D4072AEA.jpeg

1CD13F27-F47A-449F-812B-B7EE8DBB688E.jpeg

F040F078-8A50-4ED5-9856-65C4E64C64AE.jpeg

B2CCEF2C-D732-40FA-AA84-942B26BB6DB2.jpeg

Seat covers definitely look better than before. Were they a difficult install?

Not imo. They were a bit more than socks on a rooster but took my time and it went smoothly.
By slow, I’d say about 2-3 hrs per seat.
I started in the second row to “learn”.

Seats out
Disassembled. The arm rests were challenging to remove due to bolt location and pressing foam out of the way but stay patient.

I took pictures frequently to refer to and remind me.

Took the covers off after cutting the hog rings and turned it inside out.
There are wires inserted in the covers to hold the seams or creases in place when viewed from the topside. Hog rings held these in place as well

I left the wires in place with the old covers until placing them in the new covers.

All in all, it was pretty simple. Just take your time.

The fronts needed some foam repair and stiffening from sliding across the door sides.
Looked at YouTube for examples of how tos.

Replaced the motor gears at time as well, lubed the threads.

Pretty happy all in all.

Seat covers definitely look better than before. Were they a difficult install?
Not imo. They were a bit more than socks on a rooster but took my time and it went smoothly.
By slow, I’d say about 2-3 hrs per seat.
I started in the second row to “learn”.

Seats out
Disassembled. The arm rests were challenging to remove due to bolt location and pressing foam out of the way but stay patient.

I took pictures frequently to refer to and remind me.

Took the covers off after cutting the hog rings and turned it inside out.
There are wires inserted in the covers to hold the seams or creases in place when viewed from the topside. Hog rings held these in place as well

I left the wires in place with the old covers until placing them in the new covers.

All in all, it was pretty simple. Just take your time.

The fronts needed some foam repair and stiffening from sliding across the door sides.
Looked at YouTube for examples of how tos.

Replaced the motor gears at time as well, lubed the threads.

Pretty happy all in all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom