Any Welder Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need some help making a modification to my rear bumper. My LX470 has a custom rear bumper that has a swing out tire carrier on the passengers side and an empty swing out on the drivers side. I would like to weld a 2” hitch receiver to the other arm so that I can add a removable cooler/rod/cargo rack to that arm. I think it will be a pretty easy job, but I don’t know any welders … and my trip to OBX is coming up in a week. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also - it would also be helpful to rethread the bolts for the tire carrier. They have stripped some over the years.
Thanks! Ross

Where are you located? I may be a little late, but there's a welder named ol buck welding that does a bunch of work around the Charleston area. I think he may do mobile repairs too. I haven't seen him turn down random jobs yet. also there's a good size fab shop on main road on Johns Island that looks like they do a whole plethora of random stuff too.

Thx. Turns out my neighbor can weld (well know SC and NC mudder). Thx Greg!

Greg’s handiwork …

A8672E04-FF41-4CAF-8E63-6477203D0882.jpeg
C7896431-8659-4234-895A-6E7073B6C12D.jpeg

I may take you up on that! I hit a deer so am using that as an excuse to get a new bumper. Of course it is "Assembly Required" lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom