ONSC CHRISTMAS PARTY - DECEMBER 2-4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys been a fews years since I have been to Barn. Probably only coming for Friday night and Saturday for some off roading. Who do I contact to re up membership. May have 2 vehicles and 3 Guest? Couple of army buddies that indulge in the Toyota and Land Cruiser hobby.

Sorry everybody but I will not be there this year, we are having a big 80th birthday party for my mother and I will be out of town. This may be the first time I have missed this. Everybody give a big hug to everybody else for me, you know you are all family to me. Have the best Holidays.

Dammit we’re all going to freeze :) sorry you can’t make it man
His body heat is useful, having everyone in the same sleeping bag was getting a bit old though.

Unless something unexpected pops up I’ll be there! Likely with my dad or Jacob in tow.

Probably coming in lunchtime Saturday, maybe Friday night, remains to be seen.

I’m out for good reason. Wife is playing steel drums with a group on the 2nd in front of a crowd. I commend her for stepping out of her comfort zone. Have fun.

My party of 3 (myself, wife and 12 year old son) will be there on Saturday, likely only staying for the day.

My 2 sons and I just got done with of the week of the flue.
Just a friendly reminder that it is flu season.
Not trying to sound overly cautious but you know how it goes.

Del Roman
ONSC PRESIDENT

See y’all Friday night! Looks like me plus
3 girls 1 girl. Bringing Ezra(5). She’s turning into my camping buddy.

May bring a dog, she get pissed when I load camping stuff and don’t bring her.

Last edited:
Lydia and I will be there with the 2 grand babies Saturday ages 3 and 7.

Barn is mowed and Kurt had a large load of firewood dropped off Saturday. Thanks Kurt!

Asking for some help with:

Set up on Thursday or Friday. Depends on when the first cruisers plan to arrive. I will leave the gate dummy locked so just open and leave open.. whoever arrives first.
Streamers will be out marking the driveway entrance.

Help with the Saturday night meal including some cooking and serving.

Help with the Sunday breakfast. Lots of bacon to cook!

Finally, help with cleanup. Don't be shy just pitch in and do what you think needs done.

We plan to ride the trails Friday so hope some folks come early to join us. :steer:

Can't wait for this weekend and another fantastic ONSC Christmas party!

Our annual Christmas Party / Weekend Campout is upon us! Those of you that have been before might appreciate this very brief summary:

HIGHLIGHTS

Dec 2nd - Friday night Chili Cookoff - Giant prize to the winner!
Dec 3rd
  • Club providing Delicious Holiday Dinner
  • SANTA will make an appearance to hand out fun toys to all the kids in attendance!
  • DIRTY SANTA - For the adults in attendance (RULES ARE BELOW)

Dec 4th - HUGE breakfast provided by the club - please stick around to enjoy and help tidy up

Those of you that have not been before, will likely need to know this:

Where?

35.327694, -80.055840
1139-1123 River Rd, Troy, NC 27371

We call it "The Barn" - it's a large open barn with wood stoves and some indoor sleeping rooms and a sleeping attic (if you'd like to utilize this, please ask - it won't be quiet).
The barn has running hot/cold water, gas stoves, and a few fridges to use. LOTS of 110v outlets for crockpots (helpful for the chili cookoff)
There are many spots to camp around the several acre lot that the barn is located on. Many folks camp by the tree line in the main field, some choose to camp behind the second barn, or any of the 2 or three trails/paths that lead to secluded spots by the creek. These are nice if you want the quiet away from the main barn fire. Check for cellphone signal if that's important to you.
Most folks run on 12V/solar/propane heat at their sites, but there is some limited 110V hookups in the 2nd barn, and if you are brave enough to camp near the main barn you can run an extension cord if you need to.
There is a large communal fire that we will congregate around behind the barn. - club is buying a cord of wood
No showers (if you need one - you can go to group camp at URE)
There's one pit toilet and the club pays for a nice fresh empty extra large porta potty.... which by the end of a weekend involving a Chili cookoff might have you going back to the pit toilet

When?

Those of you that would like to arrive on December 1st to set up early please feel free
There will be only a handful of folks on Thursday - majority show up on Friday afternoon
You don't have to stay the whole time - if you can only show up for the party and hang out - that's fine!
Please eat breakfast with us, help clean up and take your time leaving on Sunday.

What does it cost?

Zero dollars - the club covers all expenses - the weekend is open to non members but we encourage you to become a member and support the club!
If you want to ride the trails at URE, there's a trail pass cost that you pay at the Outpost ($5)

Meals and Chili Cookoff Details:

The club provides Saturday dinner - feel free to bring an app/side or treat if you like!
We have crockpot hookups in the barn - or feel free to make your food a fire or stove setup at your campsite.
Don't feel the need to make enough to feed an army
If you're not cooking - please stick around to judge the chilis!
Other meals you're on your own - There is a grocery store about 30 mins away and a few fast food options within about the same distance.

Santa Details:

If you're bringing a lot of kids, please let us know so Santa doesn't run out!
Please remind your older kids that pulling off Santa's beard in front of a 4 year old might be funny to them, but it wasn't to her. :)

Rules for Dirty Santa:
Wrap ONE gift per participant and place it on the big reel under the tree in the barn
We will count the gifts and have that many slips of paper in a hat with numbers on them
Anyone that brought a gift grabs a number out of the hat - this determines who chooses first
Person with the number 1 goes first - they pick any item under the tree and open it
Once they touch an item, they've chosen - no shaking or lifting to determine weight/contents
Everyone else sees what they have received (good or bad)
Person with the next number (number 2) then has to choose:
  1. Do I steal that item that number 1 just opened - or any other items that have been opened?
  2. Do I pick another item from under the tree?
Once an item has been STOLEN 3 times, it cannot be stolen again. The last Dirty Santa thief gets that item
If an item is stolen from you, you cannot steal it back - but you now have a choice:
  1. Do I steal another item that has been opened?
  2. Do I pick another item from under the tree?
This continues until the last participant has had their turn and all prizes are gone.

Rules for the prizes:
  • No value limit - but typically things in the $15-30 range are acceptable
  • Silly/Gag/Dirty gifts are always fun - but ones that people really want are usually more fun (liquor does well / tools/parts/etc)
  • Please only participate if you brought something
  • If you forget to bring something, the outpost has a fine selection of items

Who?

Members, non members, friends, family, anyone that would like to come enjoy the weekend in a fun and responsible manner. Please be respectful of others with your behavior/noise level late at night. Kids and dogs are always welcome! Any issues with non social people, kids, dogs - please leave them at home.

Let us know you're coming - and if you're bringing anyone.

See you there!!
The Lakes will be there and will head out as soon as the Parade is finished. Arrive Saturday afternoon sometime.
Mike Lake (old)
Ray Lake 15
Reese Lake 12
Corbin lake 12

Let me know if we need anything.

Lake
19 Taco

Jones family will be there either Friday night or Saturday morning.

Lydia and I will be there with the 2 grand babies Saturday ages 3 and 7.

Barn is mowed and Kurt had a large load of firewood dropped off Saturday. Thanks Kurt!

Asking for some help with:

Set up on Thursday or Friday. Depends on when the first cruisers plan to arrive. I will leave the gate dummy locked so just open and leave open.. whoever arrives first.
Streamers will be out marking the driveway entrance.

Help with the Saturday night meal including some cooking and serving.

Help with the Sunday breakfast. Lots of bacon to cook!

Finally, help with cleanup. Don't be shy just pitch in and do what you think needs done.

We plan to ride the trails Friday so hope some folks come early to join us. :steer:

Can't wait for this weekend and another fantastic ONSC Christmas party!
We'll gladly help out the Monks with Sunday breakfast and cleanup afterwards.

Follow Kenny’s advice on the bacon. He knows his swine!

Anyone coming near Roanoke and able to MudShip 4 Tundra rims for @KliersLC

Not looking good for Nathan and me. Our family Thanksgiving celebration at the beach went awry. MIL slipped in the tub, fell and broke her neck. She's in ICU and not doing well. Amanda has been there with her mom since it happened. I'm back here at home with Nathan and Ava. We likely won't be at the Christmas Party unless we come for a short time on Saturday.

Ouch. We'll be praying for you guys and I hope she recovers fully.

It looks like we'll be there with 5-6 total. Work may interfere with 1 or 2 of them, but we'll see. The kids are 12-17, so I wouldn't count them for Santa purposes.

Also, is anyone coming from Georgia? I have a set of sliders that are trying to make their way down to @Cornhusker in the Athens area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom