What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

when you "regear" your not changing anything in the T-Case your changing the ring and pinion in both the F&R diffs to achieve the lower final drive gearing
when you "regear" your not changing anything in the T-Case your changing the ring and pinion in both the F&R diffs to achieve the lower final drive gearing
No. I’m talking about the Marlin Crawler transfer case gearing changes that are available.

Spent the weekend helping out another cruiserhead on his 100 series, and spent some time re-making the rear door cards for my 80. After removing the door panels to replace speakers and installing sound deadening, I realized the retainer pockets had all torn out or deformed since a previous owner had removed large portions of the weather barrier and saturated the door card material.

I went with a 'water resistant' door card material and plan on treating it with some spar varnish to improve the water resistance, especially around the door retainer clips. I'm going to make a couple extra to keep around as templates for another 80 I have in storage that will no doubt have the same issue. May even play around with making door panel replacements out of aluminum or some type of composite, or plastic.

Really starting to wonder how many rigs have the same issue with their door panels.

Door Card 1.jpg

Door Card 2.jpg

Door Card 3.jpg

Door Card 4.jpg

$3.46 a gallon my math says... gas here is still about $6 in Cali.
Saw in a vid it was $3.77 in upper Alaska, go figure that one out???
$3.49 her last Saturday.

Wait. Aren't you sitting on top of a huge oil field?

:hmm:

Discount on Toyota parts and free shipping 11/24 to 11/28 Monday
View attachment 3179007
I just checked this out. COOL! I need some stuff! Be sure you check your favorite dealer, their list prices might be lower than this site. In my case by quite a bit, and still free shipping. Also probably a different promo code.

:cool:

$3.46 a gallon my math says... gas here is still about $6 in Cali.
Saw in a vid it was $3.77 in upper Alaska, go figure that one out???
$3.79/gal as of this morning in Vancouver, WA (Costco).

charged the dead battery and drove it a little bit.

$3.79/gal as of this morning in Vancouver, WA (Costco).
it's under 3 here in Denver. i saw a Shell had it for 2.89. If i had to guess Costco has it for about 2.60 since they are usually 0.20 to 0.30 cents cheaper than all the others.

Spent the weekend helping out another cruiserhead on his 100 series, and spent some time re-making the rear door cards for my 80. After removing the door panels to replace speakers and installing sound deadening, I realized the retainer pockets had all torn out or deformed since a previous owner had removed large portions of the weather barrier and saturated the door card material.

I went with a 'water resistant' door card material and plan on treating it with some spar varnish to improve the water resistance, especially around the door retainer clips. I'm going to make a couple extra to keep around as templates for another 80 I have in storage that will no doubt have the same issue. May even play around with making door panel replacements out of aluminum or some type of composite, or plastic.

Really starting to wonder how many rigs have the same issue with their door panels.

View attachment 3179974

View attachment 3179975

View attachment 3179976

View attachment 3179977
Well, if you were paying attention here, you would notice that someone else has already laid these out in CAD and advised that they will publish the CAD file if requested.

Well, if you were paying attention here, you would notice that someone else has already laid these out in CAD and advised that they will publish the CAD file if requested.
I'm paying attention now! Want to PM me?

Also, how about getting the leather trim and cushion materials off the old cards and onto the new ones?

I'm paying attention now! Want to PM me?

Also, how about getting the leather trim and cushion materials off the old cards and onto the new ones?
I don't recall who it was.

Someone made some out of UHMW or polypropylene or some plastic and had them laser cut or water-jet cut and advised they'd provide the CAD files.

You'll need to search and find it, then link it again for all. It wasn't me.

Yes, you can pull the existing material and reattach to new cards as long as your material isn't too tore up and you don't wreck it pulling out the staples and glue.

Yeah, I'm not really great at taking care of the cars. Not much chance of me getting out there every week to rinse it off. It was a bit of a surprise that it was as rusty as it is. I knew there was some rust but didn't realize it was that bad. I hit it with a wire wheel and used some of the Rustoleum rust reformer. Last year I did a half-ass job with some Woolwax and still need to spray it this year.

My dd is a throw away. But I do what I can with the rest.
I fully let my OCD freak flag fly when I wash the underside of the truck when it's been anywhere near salt, be it the beach or the mountains. I loathe fixing rust.

Well worth a watch
Toyota landcruiser Gibraltar center

On a side note is it just me or are the majority of 80 owners have some sort of OCD that pops up when ever 80 series is involved??

Well worth a watch
Toyota landcruiser Gibraltar center

On a side note is it just me or are the majority of 80 owners have some sort of OCD that pops up when ever 80 series is involved??

Definitely more so in the last few years.

10 years ago in America most people buying 80 series were buying them as a cheap boonie bashers for family wheeling and adventures.

Now it seems the majority of people are doing more resto/mod overland builds for driving to the coffee shops 🤣

Not all of us. I have nowhere near the ocd with mine that most of this forum has.
Yeah, you don't impulsively replace caliper bolts :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom