Windshield and Hood Hinge bushings for FJ40's, are they available anywhere?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I sell them. The door hinge bushings fit the hood and windshield, I have personally replaced both with my brass bushings. There is a link in my sig. Cruiserparts is selling my brass bushings.

^^^^^^Alex all the way, I replaced my door bushings a couple of years ago, excellent quality!

I used Alex too-good stuff!

My doors are done with his bushings--good stuff. Hood hinges are next. Quality bushings-----

I know the hood hinges had them not sure about windshield hinge. Anyone know?? If so where to buy? They are not the same size as the door hinge bushings. Thanks..

The hinges will usually have a buildup of paint, corrosion, and/or just plain crud, or if they've been bent or damaged it might seem like the different hinges use different sizes, but they are all the same.

I like rifle bronze bore brushes soaked up with a solvent and run on a drill to clean up the bores. Pieces of cleaning rod screwed onto brushes to extend the drill motor away from where it doesn't want to fit when necessary.

SouthBoston's doing everybody a good one with these bushings, and at a dirt cheap price.

The plastic replacement bushings available today aren't as good as the originals and the originals weren't all that great eiher, IMO. I mean, who builds a truck that won't last 50 or 100 years without new hinge bushings, anyway?? Sheesh.

The hinges will usually have a buildup of paint, corrosion, and/or just plain crud, or if they've been bent or damaged it might seem like the different hinges use different sizes, but they are all the same.

I like rifle bronze bore brushes soaked up with a solvent and run on a drill to clean up the bores. Pieces of cleaning rod screwed onto brushes to extend the drill motor away from where it doesn't want to fit when necessary.

SouthBoston's doing everybody a good one with these bushings, and at a dirt cheap price.

The plastic replacement bushings available today aren't as good as the originals and the originals weren't all that great eiher, IMO. I mean, who builds a truck that won't last 50 or 100 years without new hinge bushings, anyway?? Sheesh.

Yea, I guess I could have rotated my OEM bushing 180 degrees and got a few more years of use...........o_O

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

But Mr. Boston put the sale on me, and PayPal yanked the money right out of my pocket!......."But, Me so Happy!" :hillbilly:

Now, when I remove the roof to replace it's weatherstripping, I'll do the door hinges then.

I’ll bump this also. You guys must have different hood hinges than I have (‘65) , I don’t see how mine separate as it appears as though the pin is pressed (mushroomed) on both ends. Is one end cut off and the pin replaced with a new pin when installing new bushings?

I bought SOR bushings in the 1990s and they are still going strong. They seems pretty seriously overpriced, as with most SOR stuff.

CCoT also sells pin/bushing kits:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom