LC100/LX470 Part-Time Conversion Discussion (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The evolution of this thread and story arc have been a great couch read over the last few days. I'm onboard. Just did lift, diff drop and UCA's. Still under 200K miles on my 99 and I love the idea of preserving the CVs driving to the hills from the Midwest.

I'm just gonna go find a cash machine...

Anyone got picks of these hubs with the Tundra wheels and spacers? Getting a set sand blasted and bronzed. Thinking the hubs should look real good!

I haven't watched the Aussie install vid yet. Do the axles come out to open the TCase? And should I replace/update CVs and or flanges now or wait til I snap one or my rack goes out and do it then?

The evolution of this thread and story arc have been a great couch read over the last few days. I'm onboard. Just did lift, diff drop and UCA's. Still under 200K miles on my 99 and I love the idea of preserving the CVs driving to the hills from the Midwest.

I'm just gonna go find a cash machine...

Anyone got picks of these hubs with the Tundra wheels and spacers? Getting a set sand blasted and bronzed. Thinking the hubs should look real good!

I haven't watched the Aussie install vid yet. Do the axles come out to open the TCase? And should I replace/update CVs and or flanges now or wait til I snap one or my rack goes out and do it then?

Axles don’t have to move or change for the part time install. The AISIN hubs will replace the flanges too!

@cruiseroutfit any update when these will be back instock?

I think we’ve got the missing part due mid-late November, so just a few weeks out. You can call and place an order by phone, that gets you in line. Those orders will ship just as soon as parts arrive. Once back orders are fulfilled, inventory will be updated for sale on CruiserTeq.com

I think we’ve got the missing part due mid-late November, so just a few weeks out. You can call and place an order by phone, that gets you in line. Those orders will ship just as soon as parts arrive. Once back orders are fulfilled, inventory will be updated for sale on CruiserTeq.com
Great thanks.
Little difficult to call since I'm in Dubai. Will be home in US from December to January and hope to carry a kit back with me. Just put in a manual trans and need 2wd :). They have plenty of options here for 2wd conversion but most seem sketchy at best...

I'm guessing I need to buy new bearing for spool and have it pressed on?

Still cant believe there isnt a single burnout video in this thread...

I'll figure out a time to call and get on the list. Thanks

Last edited:
Great thanks.
Little difficult to call since I'm in Dubai. Will be home in US from December to January and hope to carry a kit back with me. Just put in a manual trans and need 2wd :). They have plenty of options here for 2wd conversion but most seem sketchy at best...

I'm guessing I need to buy new bearing for spool and have it pressed on?

Still cant believe there isnt a single burnout video in this thread...

I'll figure out a time to call and get on the list. Thanks

We could get you setup via email too. Ping the team at the shop. Info@cruiseroutfitters.com

Yes, the bearing is recommended, we install for free.

I shoulda made a video when I had wildpeaks, those things at 40k mile sucked wet or dry.
I do want my wife to film in the rain in the mall parking lot at night. I just haven't yet.
I barely chirp around a corner anymore with discovery at3

Is it correct to presume its still back ordered?

Is it correct to presume its still back ordered?

Correct, once all back orders are shipped, inventory will show back in-stock on our website. I would advise you to call and place an order by phone so you get put in the back order queue, otherwise they may be all sold out before any inventory is added to the website again. Backorders should be shipping soon!

I’m looking at just doing the hubs. Want to keep the awd optional for inclement weather. Are hubs the only thing needed?

I’m looking at just doing the hubs. Want to keep the awd optional for inclement weather. Are hubs the only thing needed?

What are you hoping to gain with the hubs only? You’ll still be turning your front driveshaft, differential & CV’s. And you’ll have to run with the CDL locked.

What are you hoping to gain with the hubs only? You’ll still be turning your front driveshaft, differential & CV’s. And you’ll have to run with the CDL locked.
Just doing the hubs alone and he wouldn’t have to mess with the CDL, it’ll function the same as stock as long as the hubs are locked. Aesthetically the hubs are pleasing compared to stock. For front diff trail repairs you’d only need to unlock the hubs and then remove the front driveshaft to drive in 2wd home.

Just doing the hubs alone and he wouldn’t have to mess with the CDL, it’ll function the same as stock as long as the hubs are locked. Aesthetically the hubs are pleasing compared to stock. For front diff trail repairs you’d only need to unlock the hubs and then remove the front driveshaft to drive in 2wd home.

Yes, as long as the hubs are locked. Very familiar with the systems operation. But if you plan to leave them locked, why not just run drive flanges? I get the trail repair aspect, but drive flanges come off easy too... done it many times for trail repairs. Don't get me wrong, I love to sell parts... but hubs only in an 'answer in search of a problem' in my opinion.

All that said, we're happy to sell the hubs loose, part# FHT001IFS

Just doing the hubs alone and he wouldn’t have to mess with the CDL, it’ll function the same as stock as long as the hubs are locked.
Wouldn't it be as if there's no traction in the front? Meaning no torque to the rear wheels if the CDL is not engaged? That would be fun to try

Currently I’m just playing with it and yes the CDL will have to be locked when unlocked. 😂

Got mine, can't wait to get it installed but sadly will have to wait until I return to my other home after Holidays. Wonder how many other LC100s are running Aisin hubs in the Midde East?
20221209_121332.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom