What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congrats! I swear, emissions testing is the most suspenseful and tense of life's mundane activities.
FACT!!!

The only other items I really need to swap out emission related are the cats but that can be for a later time as I have a custom/tucked exhaust in mind.

Though not as much emission related I have a coolant temp sensor to swap out too. It is the one for the ECU not the dash.

George delivered the part-time T-case today! Another awesome Cruiser friend!
FEF7A60C-E142-4F94-A52A-5CB3D89668B2.jpeg
7BF4BAC8-AF5D-4C32-9827-E593042E9730.jpeg
40DA75B9-D47D-4C95-BBFC-C6150CC5CC89.jpeg

Last edited:
Added the wits end ABS sensor delete plates up front and removed all the old ABS wiring from the front axle. I’ll be working on adding the rear plates and removing the rest of the ABS system soon. I’ll be posting all the ABS stuff for sale once it’s all out.

7C3945A1-15F0-4375-8B4C-C97CD2865C15.jpeg

5CE736C1-5364-4687-B4F4-2B4A38F527A8.jpeg

I just have to say working on the Cruisers interior is so easy and straight forward.
After doing that rear washer hose repair, the realization is it’s intelligent 🍻

Replaced my bent and beaten stock rear swaybar with a Whiteline HD unit.

Can't wait to bend or break the stock endlinks. LCP Severe Duty endlinks are inbound...

Took it for a test drive, and really noticed a difference.

Just ordered the strut. Where did you find the limit cable for the tailgate?
Hand made. 4mm stainless steel Cable, Heat-shrinkable tube, Sleeves and hydraulic press

In 1933, the company established its automobile department, led by Kiichiro Toyoda. A few years later, in 1937, they decided to rename their company to Toyota for a few reasons. The first reason being that people thought it sounded better. The main reason for spelling it with a “T” instead of a “D” is because the word Toyoda in Japanese uses 10 strokes of the pen to write, whereas Toyota only uses eight. Eight is considered to be a lucky number in Japanese culture, so the name Toyota was chosen.
ToyodaSymbols.jpg

Refinished and returned home :) I have to say that it's a lot nicer than it used to be, have to get used to glare off hood it was bad for so long. Over all happy with results except $ part but, its only money. Still cheaper than a new one.

20221125_131402.jpg

20221125_131438.jpg

^^^^ jealous. Looks fantastic.

Deep clean. Amazing what a week at the beach will do :/

First hand wash in way too long
Now to empty it for a good interior scrub and vaccum and break out the stash of fluid film that was supposed to go on before the OBX trip.

My Dad used to say if you really wanna know if it was well cared for check the door jambs and behind the gas door. He was right ya know. Really needs seats and drawers pulled and a coat of wax but that’ll have to wait for another sunny day.

D9BE131F-D90A-42DB-A728-87E8BA590272.jpeg

Last edited:
We went to Hidden Falls Adventure Park and rode some of the trails there for the first time. We had a blast. We saw two other 80 series trucks. We followed a really well set up green one. It had about a 4” lift, looked to be 35s, roof rack, aftermarket rear bumper w/spare tire on the right and jerry cans on the left. Had a Wits End and a Texas Overland decal, among others on the back window. I didn’t get a very good look at the other one, but I could tell that it was also well set up.

9D2F1F84-09AF-436C-9B53-511692230FD8.jpeg

1FCDB313-7300-4B72-8415-B507B58AEE85.jpeg

Last edited:
^^^^ jealous. Looks fantastic.

Deep clean. Amazing what a week at the beach will do :/

First hand wash in way too long
Now to empty it for a good interior scrub and vaccum and break out the stash of fluid film that was supposed to go on before the OBX trip.

My Dad used to say if you really wanna know if it was well cared for check the door jambs and behind the gas door. He was right ya know. Really needs seats and drawers pulled and a coat of wax but that’ll have to wait for another sunny day.

View attachment 3178293
I like the FJC steelie looks pro!

Last edited:
I wish I could remember how to post video.
Upload your video to YouTube. Than copy and paste the link. It's super easy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom