What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stupidest project yet on my restoration. The spare tire carrier, its broken and stripped wheel studs. Deconstructing this to change those out is a task but Now for paint prep…
D45EB676-7894-46F3-A79E-05E9EE17185D.jpeg

BF23CF1B-A5B9-473C-9ABB-32147E345115.jpeg

F63B038D-68DC-4DE3-8A07-C7B17EDC1F0F.jpeg

DE380E0B-8216-4D66-A35B-CEEC9486ED06.jpeg

Welding in total darkness outside my garage. Turned out good enough
5501103C-DAC1-4ADA-9B90-BA28FC51F31D.jpeg

I installed a @Racer65 CityRacer rear mat this weekend. Well it was in there draped over my new rear heater for most of last week, but I actually cut and fit it this weekend. It's a really nice mat, I'm loving it! Nice faux leather grain texture on the up side. No smell whatsoever. That ought to keep my groceries from sliding all around back there now. :D
RearMat.jpg

Have a great week everyone!

I spent about twenty minutes honing a cheap wire stripping crimp tool. I was surprised that the tool's alloy is about as tough as an adjustable wrench, which also had sharp corners worth removing. It took much longer than I thought it would. The result of using a variety of honing stones and silicon carbide paper is a surface free of small burrs and enamel. I'm basically doing sloppy sharpening moves here to refine and kind dull the stripper/cutter. There is no reason that it is that sharp, it digs in, and takes some copper that can't get out of the way. Now, I can strip insulation, and there isn't damage done to the wire itself. It also enhanced the precision of how this tool closes, as I touched the surfaces, with the stones and paper, that were keeping them from closing fully around the wire. It now has a neat feel, and sound as it produces really clean (perpendicular to wire) shearing of plastic, and only minorly denting/bending the copper, very reliable.

20221122_062335.jpg

20221122_062437.jpg

This is awesome, as, I keep wire strippers in three locations, and I don't want to invest in good tools for something as one-banana as shearing plastic if I don't have to. Usually skills are worth way more than tools. The rivet on this set is proper, and the blades align fairly reliably if you are using a light grip.

That Turkey is bad ass … looks like he’s cruising in a 76’ … I think the turkey must have rolled it once as the stock bar is tweaked … rear tank? I don’t see the stock gas door… Maybe one of @Downey ’s under rear fuel tanks

:)

Must be a friend of the honey badger … he’s a bad ass as well

Happy thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving Land Cruiser Nation!!

View attachment 3176918

That Turkey is bad ass … looks like he’s cruising in a 76’ … I think the turkey must have rolled it once as the stock bar is tweaked … rear tank? I don’t see the stock gas door… Maybe one of @Downey ’s under rear fuel tanks

:)

Must be a friend of the honey badger … he’s a bad ass as well

Happy thanksgiving!!

Man … gas door !!

I have a rural mail box and over the past three years or so have had some stuff stolen so have been going up in the mornings and reading a book while waiting for the mail.
It usually runs about 8:00 am but today it was late, almost eleven.
Have thought about a PO box before so today decided to look into one.
I figured I hadn't fired up the Toy for a while so took it into town.
If I had thought about it being a holiday weekend I would have stayed home but I headed out.
Town is Victorian era so the main street is a narrow two lane affair, so with all the tourist out for the after turkey day black Friday, to say it was crowded is an under statement.
It was not quite off-roading but I did get to use low range so I could creep along with out riding the clutch.
Got a lot of looks a couple of thumbs up and one little girl yelled something unintelligible.
I think it was "nice jeep".
I thought about getting out and kicking her can but her dad was kind of big and I am getting kind of old so I just smiled.
Oh yeah, The PO box, They wanted $150 for the smallest box and $375 a year for their largest available box so I figured the stuff that was stolen hadn't reached one fifty yet so I opted for sitting and reading.
When I got home and pulled into the garage I was pretty happy with the way my old Mall Crawler ran so I popped the hood and tinkered around checking nuts and bolts making noises like I was working. ( grunting and cussing)
Knocked off in a fairly short time before screwed something up and really had to do some work.

I have a rural mail box and over the past three years or so have had some stuff stolen so have been going up in the mornings and reading a book while waiting for the mail.
It usually runs about 8:00 am but today it was late, almost eleven.
Have thought about a PO box before so today decided to look into one.
I figured I hadn't fired up the Toy for a while so took it into town.
If I had thought about it being a holiday weekend I would have stayed home but I headed out.
Town is Victorian era so the main street is a narrow two lane affair, so with all the tourist out for the after turkey day black Friday, to say it was crowded is an under statement.
It was not quite off-roading but I did get to use low range so I could creep along with out riding the clutch.
Got a lot of looks a couple of thumbs up and one little girl yelled something unintelligible.
I think it was "nice jeep".
I thought about getting out and kicking her can but her dad was kind of big and I am getting kind of old so I just smiled.
Oh yeah, The PO box, They wanted $150 for the smallest box and $375 a year for their largest available box so I figured the stuff that was stolen hadn't reached one fifty yet so I opted for sitting and reading.
When I got home and pulled into the garage I was pretty happy with the way my old Mall Crawler ran so I popped the hood and tinkered around checking nuts and bolts making noises like I was working. ( grunting and cussing)
Knocked off in a fairly short time before screwed something up and really had to do some work.
No pics to go along with that?!

Drove out to a remote corner of NW Arizona to provide a hot coffee (and cold beers) to @mesa man on his 3 week Grand Canyon hike along the Hayduke.
F27D15C3-8F3A-4B87-A16B-C0386578ADBA.jpeg

A few hundred miles drive solo across backroads of the Colorado plateau, motivated by the opportunity to see an old friend - might just be the best way to rekindle my love affair with the old 40 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom