Events/Trails Christmas tree run Nov. 25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How long will this take if the meetup is at 9? Wondering if I can do this before work at 1400?

You won't make it back by 1400 hrs. :) You'll be lucky to depart by 1500 hours from the Jemez.

Address for Amanda's

38724 NM-126 #1
Jemez Springs, NM 87025

We'll be there too. Don't need a tree but a day in the woods is always good.

Looks like I am going to camp just beyond Paliza Family Campground off NF-10 outside of Ponderosa NM Thursday night returning Sunday morning. Ranger said the gate that closes 290 is now open. I understand it was closed for flash flooding earlier this summer. I hope to stay at a lower evaluation with the turd box to avoid deep freeze. Camp coordinates should be around 35.712818, -106.628355.

I will plan to be at Amanda's at 9 am Friday morning. No tree for me but will have chain saw and tourniquet. See ya all there.

Virgil is coming, the tourniquet is a good idea. :flipoff2:

Checking the weather this morning it looks like there might be a chance of snow Thurs and Fri.

Checking the weather this morning it looks like there might be a chance of snow Thurs and Fri.
Who is saying that? I show zero %, sunny, and cold for Jemez Springs.

Who is saying that? I show zero %, sunny, and cold for Jemez Springs.

It was an alert on Weatherbug. It is more for North and central NM, but maybe still a chance.

Just checked again. Looks like it has changed to the southeast part of the state.

I am planning on going, I will be at Amanda’s at 9:00.

According to Weatherbug now there is a slight chance of a little bit of snow in Jemez Springs early tomorrow morning.
Screenshot_20221123-140324.png

According to Weatherbug now there is a slight chance of a little bit of snow in Jemez Springs early tomorrow morning.
View attachment 3176175
Yep, This storm is not walking a straight line. It would fail a curbside sobriety test. :cheers::beer:🍻:steer:🤣

View attachment 3176175
I am not planning for much snow but the wind might make it exciting. We will see what it brings.

It's looking good for some snow y'all 😁

Snow is sticking at my house

Last edited:
Been snowing pretty good at my place for about an hour and a half now. Hoping for at least a little bit tomorrow up in the mountains.

If you have a kid in the fourth grade you can get a Christmas tree permit for free.

The Christmas Tree Run was fun but after Larry, Jeff, Marry and I split from the group and got out of radio range my 80 decided we needed a challenge.

AEC4299B-EE07-4309-A4C6-817C068901DA.jpeg

The first thing we needed to do was disconnect the fried cables. Larry didn’t hesitate and jumped into action.

3C440131-D458-4583-8BAB-35F952F45468.jpeg

So at some point one of the battery hold down “J” hooks came off freeing the battery to bounce around.

While it bounced about it appears it started contacting the hood and welded the loose end of the battery hold down bar to the bottom of the hood. The continual contact of the terminals to the hood also started both the positive and negative winch cables on fire. The positive cable battery terminal also partially melted the positive cable and came loose killing the truck at which time I could see smoke coming from under the hood. I sprang to action and pulled the hood release to see what the smoke was from and found the winch battery cables a blaze. I huffed and I puffed until the flames went out. Wow almost burned my Cruiser up?

I was the least prepared person on the run and if it had not need for Larry and Jeff Hank and I would have had a long walk home.

Luckily they were there to help with the tools to remove the winch cables, reconnect the positive cable, and a bungee to secure the battery. After that to my surprise the truck started but not with out a few quirks.

It would not drive with the lights on and the few times I tried it would cause the check engine light to come on and the truck would start to sputter erratically and die. Turn the lights off and it would start back up just fine. It was getting dark so I drove it home behind Jeff and in front of Larry using their lights the rest of the way out.

It was an adventure, and I can’t say thanks enough to Jeff and Larry for the help getting out.

Wow, Dennis glad all ended up well.

Great day today y'all.

20221125_162943.jpg

20221125_152637.jpg

20221125_151146.jpg

20221125_151155.jpg

20221125_151013.jpg

Last edited:
I hate to say I only took one picture the whole day.

20221125_151130-sm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom