What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Other than snow wheeling, what normal conditions are you guys seeing that aggressive snowflake rated ATs and full time 4WD aren't doing the job? Perhaps that log cabin at the top of unplowed side roads?

I had some cheapy strap ons just to say at checkpoints that I have chains but I don't intend to have to use them, partially because of clearance concerns. Guess I could air up my rear airbags to makes sure it never compresses enough to get into the fenders if I really had to.

Oh, also all of our national parks requires chains in the car, and once since living here the WSP has stopped me on the pass to make sure I was carrying them.

Strange, I could not get those to fit with my 285/75r17 tires. I returned them and got their next size up and then they were too big. I haven't tested them on my 35s yet.

Other than snow wheeling, what normal conditions are you guys seeing that aggressive snowflake rated ATs and full time 4WD aren't doing the job? Perhaps that log cabin at the top of unplowed side roads?

I had some cheapy strap ons just to say at checkpoints that I have chains but I don't intend to have to use them, partially because of clearance concerns. Guess I could air up my rear airbags to makes sure it never compresses enough to get into the fenders if I really had to.
Goes into the category of: Better to have, and not need, than to need, and not have. When going into a snow storm:)

Tough weekend down under :D

7B58474D-1FDB-48FD-A557-82BA818D4EEE.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-22 at 19.20.34.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-23 at 10.44.30.jpg

Cascade concrete is the norm here.

99% of time my falkens + 12psi are fine and I run out of ground clearance before I run out of traction. However there are times where one of the layers in the snow are ice, and everything here is either uphill or downhill and It just becomes sketchy.

Last year I took the kids up to play up on butte and it going up was super easy. However going down the tracks we broke going up froze over and I had zero control on the grade down. I'm talking throw the truck in reverse and stomp it to keep from going over a shelf. It was a long train of traction boards to get down because I didn't have chains.

The picture doesn't do it justice lol.

View attachment 3176248

Convinced!

Looks like the type of adventure I'd love to wander into.

Oh, also all of our national parks requires chains in the car, and once since living here the WSP has stopped me on the pass to make sure I was carrying them.

I’m just down in Oregon and pretty sure you just need the 3-peak rated tires, as long as you’re not towing. Are WA laws different? If so, I should probably grab some chains to carry with me before my next trip over any of the WA passes.

Bought mine and drove it from Billings to Durango! Now I have a kinda have a 300 (a 40, a 60, and a 200)!

59010801-FDAC-4CD5-98E6-194FE192EF7D.jpeg

I’m just down in Oregon and pretty sure you just need the 3-peak rated tires, as long as you’re not towing. Are WA laws different? If so, I should probably grab some chains to carry with me before my next trip over any of the WA passes.

Rainier and hurricane ridge require them in the car. Had on trip in 2017 I was going over the pass and it was mandatory chain up for all vehicles.

Bought mine and drove it from Billings to Durango! Now I have a kinda have a 300 (a 40, a 60, and a 200)!

View attachment 3176637
You’re a mathematical genius! I lettered in math in high school (took state!) but I never thought about such a brilliant back door to a 300 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom