Wanted SD-40 Carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a replacement Carb! My mechanic just broke my sight glass with putting a kit through it.
Can anyone help? Or know where I can source one please?

I didn't think a sight glass would be available? Carb is fine, apparently the Body is warped and sight glass was overtightened to the warp and crack!

I didn't think a sight glass would be available? Carb is fine, apparently the Body is warped and sight glass was overtightened to the warp and crack!

@65swb45 has talked about the warping of the SD40 carbs in the past, IIRCC he has a method to "straighten" the mounting surface, as this is a very common issue with the SD40's

@65swb45 has talked about the warping of the SD40 carbs in the past, IIRCC he has a method to "straighten" the mounting surface, as this is a very common issue with the SD40's
Not sure if this is Marks method, but i remembered seeing this a while back. Starts at #187

@andybudge , there are plenty DD40 (big window double barrel) available across OZ. See if you can find one in good condition and I will swap my SD40 with you. My build can live with DD40 2 barrel and I only need big window for stock aesthetic look in my build.

@andybudge , there are plenty DD40 (big window double barrel) available across OZ. See if you can find one in good condition and I will swap my SD40 with you. My build can live with DD40 2 barrel and I only need big window for stock aesthetic look in my build.
Thanks Archie. I've put a few posts up on FB for this Carbi. Fingers crossed!?

I need a replacement Carb! My mechanic just broke my sight glass with putting a kit through it.
Can anyone help? Or know where I can source one please?
Hey Andy ,

see this :

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom