SOLD 2019 Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 200 Series
Mileage
Color
Silver
For sale is my much cherished LC200 with 35.9K - ~ 36K miles. Bought it brand new with the intention of never selling it. Well.....never say never. I am retiring next year and we have decided to move to Europe, aka: the land of Euro 3 per liter gas so this gas hog cannot come with us. I wish they had diesel engines in the US!

Here's some salient information:
  1. Nothing went wrong and nothing is wrong; as expected. Well built machine.
  2. The oil has been changed meticulously every 5K miles with OEM 0W20 and tires rotated with the spare included (I do this work myself since the dealers suck!)
  3. No accidents or fender benders.
  4. Additional equipment & some useful stuff - no bling
    • Tekonsha trailer brake controller
    • ScanGauge II which connects to the diagnostic port to provide useful readings such as realtime transmission & coolant temperature, fuel usage trip odometer and much more depending on how it is programmed.
    • Firestone rear airbag kit with onboard air compressor. This prevents the rear end sag when towing a trailer but does not affect the off road wheel articulation when not inflated. Best of both worlds. Not that I towed anything full time regularly.
    • Never been off road but once a month, I exercise 4LO options to keep everything working and lubricated.
I struggled with how much to ask since there is a large variance in prices with some questionable pedigree. In my experience, when I buy a vehicle like this, I buy the seller, which will translate into the best possible purchase outcome. Considering that I am OCD about this car, I am asking $78K obo that I reserve the right not to accept.
Side Passenger.jpeg
Driver Side.jpeg
Front.jpeg
Back.jpeg
Front Driver Dashboard.jpeg

This is a Very good Deal! Unfortunately this is not my budget so some lucky fellow will snatch this soon!

This is a Very good Deal! Unfortunately this is not my budget so some lucky fellow will snatch this soon!
I wanted to let y'all know that since we are scattered all around the country, I thought that it would be a good idea to do video calls with serious buyers. First one scheduled for tomorrow. Let me know if there is any interest in such an endeavor if you are really serious. Thanks.

I wanted to let y'all know that since we are scattered all around the country, I thought that it would be a good idea to do video calls with serious buyers. First one scheduled for tomorrow. Let me know if there is any interest in such an endeavor if you are really

Thank y'all for looking but this rig is sold at full asking. I have to tell you that the inquiries from this board was not what I expected from LC fans but hey, who am I to judge?

Curious as to what those questions were?

TIA

Curious as to what those questions were?

TIA
Incessant questions about bling.
  1. People love that entertainment system at the back seats. I once had a Mercedes with a phone in it. OMG, Toyota must have done their homework with this crowd. People love it! I actually looked specifically to avoid it. In 10 years time, with the proliferation of hand held devices, this rig will look like my Mercedes with the phone....dated.
  2. Questions whether the truck has that burnt burgundy color seats a la BMW. Again, I just wanted black interior as a classic item. I was dead wrong. Aniline leather on this type of vehicle is wrong to begin with but the use of that color? This is not a convertible M3 people! Again, everybody loves it!
  3. Desire for off-road accessories with the condition that I never ever have used it as an off-road vehicle. Now, why would I put steel bumpers and a winch on a car if I would never use it? Answer, people on this site love bling. They want to have stuff to look cool BUT not use it.
  4. Scratches of any kind, inside on that crappy brushed nickel pieces that Toyota is using (the materials inside is not worthy of this vehicle for sure), or God forbid, stone chips on the plastic bumpers is a no-no. People want a rig like a Rolls Royce, with a driver, shiny and perfect for Sunday show off.
As a repeat LC owner, I am compelled to write these Dos and Don'ts.

DO buy this vehicle, if:
  1. You want a rugged workhorse. Carry that potting soil and plants, haul that stuff you bought from FB marketplace, pull that trailer you rented from u-haul, take home the plywood from Home Depot, or anything around the house need doing.
  2. You want reliability crossing the Mojave desert without breaking down.
  3. You will genuinely off-road and/or live in the country where the roads become impassable at times.
  4. If you are wanting to retire and this is your last vehicle all paid off and you don't ever want a car loan.
  5. You are going to drive long distances and don't want to be fatigued in a small and bumpy suspension car.
  6. You want an understated and inconspicuous sign of your wealth and a comfort that you can afford many things but chose to go another direction.
DON'T buy this vehicle if:
  1. You are going to give it to your wife for this rig to be a soccer mom vehicle.
  2. You want bling but won't use it.
  3. You want a nimble and economical vehicle with all the new gismos.
  4. You want the shiny new and best looking vehicle.
This vehicle:
  1. Has AWFUL mpg. You don't want to meet an environmentalist in this thing. Believe me!
  2. PITA to work on because everything is over built and heavy (Try to take off the undercarriage panel for an oil change!)
  3. Tall for your garage and a monster to park
  4. Very old school, everything is old school on it! How about those folding third row seats?
  5. Small gas tank. Too small to tow anything with it.
  6. Soft rear suspension when loaded.
  7. No diesel. I mean WTF?
BUT, I love it. I will find a nice troopy someday and live happily after rowing my own boat and sitting on cloth seats and/or plastic that I will use for 25 years minimum with the rumble of the diesel engine as long as diesel is made available.

Have a good day and remember that this is far too expensive of a vehicle to buy it for the wrong reasons. There are many better examples for the Don't crowd.

Congratulations on the sale!

You did a nice job with the presentation of a vehicle that you obviously respect and therefore received top dollar.

I am surprised at the nature of the questions you received. I would have anticipated most would question price in the current market environment, there are lots of 200’s hitting the market.

My Bride would differ in opinion on the Mom car, her‘s has been great; she never worries about where to park, no curb is too high, the tailgate is invaluable at weekend sports tournaments, and it will take every ounce of use she and the kids dish out. Yeah, the gas mileage and range suck, that was the biggest reason I added the LRA aux tank to my 20’ and will to my next 200.

Best of luck in your next Cruiser endeavor, Troopies are cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom