Kind of "Mystery" Coolant leak back of engine (heat exchanger valley leak) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you look under the hood for the source? Doubt it's the coolant valley producing a physical leak on the ground.

And yes the xerex is fine to use, but that looks like a substantial leak.

And yes the xerex is fine to use, but that looks like a substantial leak.
I can’t find it anywhere unfortunately. I put the car up, looked everywhere, nothing.

Oddly enough it only started leaking when we ran the heater.

I can’t find it anywhere unfortunately. I put the car up, looked everywhere, nothing.

Oddly enough it only started leaking when we ran the heater.
You checked the heater tees? Those things get crumbley at high miles.

Where would that be on the 200 series?
1669321992330.jpeg

Would this leaking be a good indicator why the leak only happened when running the heater for the first time or does the name not indicate relations?
Possibly. Start the engine and watch that area as it warms up. Run the heater.

How many miles on the 200?

Below that area of heater lines. Any indication this is coming off rear bell housing area or around the transmission?
Not that I can tell but I’m kind of out of my depth in knowing where the bell housing would be.

Looking at your picture again that is fairly far forward on the passenger side of engine.

Coolant recovery bottle holding fluid when you fill it back up?

Any chance you drop your front skid?

Looking at your picture again that is fairly far forward on the passenger side of engine.

Coolant recovery bottle holding fluid when you fill it back up?

Any chance you drop your front skid?
Yeah it held perfectly at first. When I got the vehicle it was below the low line. Filled up and a week later it was low. Filled up and for 3 weeks it held perfectly.

I’ll drop skid when I get home. Unfortunately on a trip driving it for thanksgiving, about 1000 miles from home.

Last edited:
Could be leaking out of the radiator hose as well

3ur-fe-engine-water-circuit-3d-jpg.370744
That’s what I’m wondering. I might try and take the plate off today if I can scrounge up tools or make the tools in the tool kit work - stinks to be 1000 miles away from home right now. Just to see if there is something I could tape up to get us home. The previous owner, who I just bought this from 1500 miles ago, just has the water pump done. Since it wasn’t leaking but needed coolant once, I was hoping it was just air in the lines. Radiator stays full through all of this though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom